Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So how much weight did we all gain over the holidays? The numbers are still coming in but I am confident that I gained at least 2 pounds over the last week.

Right now I'm sitting at about 5 lbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I have a 3 day weekend starting tomorrow but I am going to spend a good deal of the day driving around looking at used cars for my girlfriend. Nothing makes me less excited than a day of haggling with dealerships.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Frankly I assume they are gay until they can prove in a court of law they have touched a woman

Same, but with Steve Young

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/6ro2A1o.mp4

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Neat

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/954791969686929408

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Christmas Vacation wasn't that good. The better Chevy Chase movie is Caddyshack anyways.

Sorry, it's Fletch.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

he forgot to drink his mangosteen

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I can't believe all y'alls garlic game is so weak

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KV9T4O2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Mulaney Power Move posted:

the secret to peeling garlic almost instantly is to twist the clove kind of like if you are rolling a tootsie roll wrapper back up real tight (i don't know how to describe it very well ok) in a way that cracks the skin then it just comes all off at once. i can peel a clove in like a second like this. looking at that pink sex tube that just got posted i think it might be the same principle.

Pretty much, yeah

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

swickles posted:

Rub your hands on stainless steel, like just run some water and rub your hands in the sink and that gets rid of the smell.

pity the poor pleb that doesn't have stainless sinks

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I started watching the Taken TV show and it's weird seeing Rollo from Vikings with a scrub-rear end beard killing terrorists

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I will gently caress anyone that wants to gently caress me back

Which, as it turns out, is basically no one

sup

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Sup my dudes

I shoveled for 3+ hours today and now I'm watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia to honor the Eagles victory

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Altered Carbon is super good BTW

Not sure if you fucks already discussed it, I can't read the forums like I used to

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Alaois posted:

there are conflicting reports about Altered Carbon

I personally am not going to watch the show because I don't think I can hear or think about the name "Takeshi Kovacs" without laughing

I mean, it's bound by its source material obviously. The genre has a lot of bad facets in otherwise good work, and a lot of that is present in Altered Carbon. I haven't read the books, but the show is incredibly well done. I have read a lot of sci-fi/space opera, though, and the authors often have blind spots to bad dialogue and ridiculously contrived characterization.

Samadhi fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 12, 2018

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Let's all talk about James Purefoy's hog

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

186 posted:

That thing had to be CGI.

I don't think it was, the sway was too real

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

BlindSite posted:

I think he just asked the director for a chance to show off his cock.

If I had a hog like that I'd buy billboards for it

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Jota posted:

It was a Holy poo poo moment when I realized in May I'll have been on SA for 15 years.

sup newbie

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Anyone have a really great non-depressing article they love? I've been tasked with coming up with one for my friend's work group and mine are all depressing as hell. She didn't think "Boss Hog" which describes in exquisite detail the horrors of NC pig farms was the right vibe.

Didn't there used to be a thread in LF for this?

The Greatest Drunk on Earth: Andre the Giant

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Abugadu posted:

I was once the head of a dept of ~65 people that I'd worked at for 5 years, I knew about 55 names, felt bad about the rest but my brain just couldn't keep them in without massive effort.

Now I'm in a different dept that I've been in for a year, about 80 people in it, I know 12 names.

Make everyone wear name tags whenever they are at work

Establish dominance

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Lol, I'm into the new Russian nuke that's gonna create a 200' high radioactive tsunami to take out the entire west coast

Link me to the deets on that bad boy

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

lol the Russians are trolling us and they're great at it

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's great because it triggers the American Psychopathy so bad that it drives us to build rail guns *and* spend a trillion dollars to build an emp that will fry all of their election tampering to counteract their tsunami nuke

We spend $500m on the rail guns and then abandon them with nothing to show for it because they realized that each shot would cost $1m lmbo

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/research/a14106941/us-navy-railgun-may-be-dead/

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

What stock platform do you all use for trading stocks

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

My stock broker

what's his name

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

achillesforever6 posted:

:lol: Black Panther projected to make more than Justice League's domestic earnings in just 3 days.

I saw it yesterday and it is Extremely loving Good.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Anything that makes you like Schwab better than TDAmeritrade or eTrade for example? I'm looking at taking a small chunk of my money and doing some stock market stuff, buy low sell high and become a day trading thousandaire

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

Jason with Key Bank Private Banking Investment Services which is not actually helpful for you unless you are private banking with key bank and are in the south puget sound region .

My less flip response is holy poo poo do I not know enough about investment to make even a modicum of a educated guess.

I have most of my money in mutual funds and some ETFs and do a lot of my own research, but I'm not an expert by any means. I mainly want to invest some bonus money and do some infrequent trading. I have shied away from financial advisors because I know a lot of people from college who got into that racket and I wouldn't trust them as far as I could kick them.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

I bought into a mutual fund (John Hancock Bank Fund) in hs, and it's been amazing lol

I wish I was smarter when I was younger

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

look at this bougie

trading stocks is for the bourgeois

bitcoin is for the proletariat

seize the means of production by buying a bunch of GPUs comrade

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

In general he's a good follow and Struggle Sessions is a good listen, but yeah the bigger issue is poo poo worth getting mad about vs everything is worth getting mad about.

It must be exhausting being constantly mad at everything all the time

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

YOLOsubmarine posted:

It is no doubt extremely tiring being mad at things all the time but as a straight, very white, upper middle class dude, I’m certainly not going to tell anyone to calm down, relax, just take it in stride, when they’re constantly mad about racism or sexism or economic exploitation or whatever.

Oh I agree completely being really loving white myself

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Ehud posted:

Have you guys ever been in a fight?

If so, why?

Avoid fights as much as possible because fights are loving dumb but if it's unavoidable just try not to hurt the other person or get yourself hurt seriously until you can extricate yourself from the situation. The last fight I was in was to stop some guy from throwing a girl around on the street and I could have seriously hurt him but I just separated them and then got punched by the girl's friend in the head for the effort, because dumb poo poo happens in fights

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Janelle Monae is an evolutionary step beyond all other humans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTjQq5rMlEY

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

3 DONG HORSE posted:

This phone is making me hard

What was your previous phone

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Lens flares aside, the Star Trek reboot is a legitimately great movie

fight me

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Pops Mgee posted:

Star Trek 09 and Beyond are both great. Into Darkness was a loving mess though and so disappointing. My main issue with the reboot trek movies is the Enterprise gets dunked on in every movie. I know it’s not really the point of Star Trek but I want to see the Enterprise kick some rear end just once.

for loving sure

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Master Stur posted:

trek chat: my wife has been recently watching through the original series and just started next generation. I'll catch the episodes when I can but dang really makes me wish there was a decent TV scifi series these days

The Expanse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I ate so much fish fry tonight I might die