Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

BigPaddy posted:

No one messes with Battank

We got some kickass bullies itt!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
That Rose Bowl may have been the best football game Ive ever seen :stare:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The holidays are now over and I'm depressed :(

Same. Im not ready to be responsible for actual work and not the fake holiday noone gives a poo poo cuz everyones off for two weeks kinda work i been doin :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Nice job, Fiz! My knees hurt just watching that...

Hopefully that bhole tear heals quickly!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

the mean lunch lady posted:

Arctic Zero is straight TRASH

Almost every Halo Top I've had has been good, except the Lemon Cake one. Chocolate covered banana or oatmeal cookie might be my favorite.

You liked choc covered banana? I was so pumped for that flavor and it tasted very artificial banana-y to me. It wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't get it again.

Pumpkin Pie is awesome and so is Pancakes and Waffles!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

SundayMoney posted:

Last night I weighed myself and then lifted some weights for the first time in years. Also have a chicken breast and vegetables to eat for lunch. I’m a little sore but I’m ready to lift again tonight. How often do you lift before a rest day? It’s been years for me so not real sure.

Nice! That's great!

As Fiz said, listen to your body. I do a 6 day split where I workout 6 days a week, but I have built up to that over a few years. If you feel you are up for another workout tonight, go for it. It really depends on the person and the muscle groups you are targeting ie don't do chest days back to back.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

please god no. gently caress oprah

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The rock for prez and kid rock for vp

Rock/Rock 2020

Sign me up for the Rockpublican Party!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Guys, gimme some good Netflix shows to watch.

The wife and I have recently watched shows including, but not limited to (lol) : Dexter, The Fall, The Killing, The Five, Sens8, Bates Motel, The Crown, Stranger Things, Ozark and House of Cards. Any recommendations would be worth it because we don't know what to watch now that The Five is over :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Skwirl posted:

The Good Place, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, The 100.

Noted, thank you!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Good Place, Narcos, Godless, Parks and Rec.

There's also a bunch of cool BBC nature documentaries too. I thought I had seen basically everything they ever made but I caught a couple new ones.

Cool, thanks! I think Ehud mentioned Peaky Blinders also way back when?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Are you limited to Netflix? Do you have Amazon Prime?

If Netflix only: Glitch, Peaky Blinders, Travelers, I also just started watching The End of the F***ing World and it's weird, but good so far.

For amazon prime, watch Jean Claude Van Johnson immediately.

Netflix only, unfortunately. Though I do have a hacked Amazon TV....thanks for the rec's! My list is growing muahahaha!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

C-Euro posted:

On top of what others have said, my wife and I really liked Dark. Come for the grim German take on Stranger Things, stay for the grim German take on LOST. Wait don't leave, it's good I promise!

We just started watching Mindhunter but I might try to get my wife to swerve into Godless instead and save Mindhunter for later, the first episode didn't grab me super-hard.

Funny you mentioned Dark because we watched E1 last night. At first I was like what...is...this...but I was actually pretty good and I was interested by the end. We will probably finish out S1.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

My goodness the comments...I thought Clay was an idiot...

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

No Butt Stuff posted:

One thing about the morning workout is that I don't have to dread it all day now

:hellyeah:

It took a couple weeks to adjust to it, but I have been waking up at like 5-5:30 every morning to workout for years and at this point I cannot imagine going through a day of work and THEN working out. After work, all I want to do is go home and do nothing so working out in the morning and being able to tick that box before your day even really starts is awesome.

Also treadmills suck almost as much as running in general.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I can only really enjoy a treadmill if I watch something on my phone while I run. I have data limits, soooo...

What kinda ghetto rear end gym are you in that doesn't have wifi?

Also running on the treadmill is only somewhat tolerable if there is a fine lady running in front of you. Otherwise it is probably the most boring thing I can think of doing...ever.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

seiferguy posted:

My apartment complex has a gym with treadmills, and they used to have lovely Wi-Fi, but got rid of it last I went.

Also, I try not to creep on others when I'm at the gym.

Gotcha.

And creeping on others is like 90% of the gym experience! Not RG3 creeping...more...admiring from a distance. Don't act like you are better than it :colbert:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Don't be a creep ya dorks.

I like running on readmills precisely because it is so boring and controlled. I can zone out with music and it goes much faster than if I'm worrying about sidewalks, traffic, etc. But also running on the treadmill seems weird, my gait doesn't work and my knees end up hurting more.

I am nervous about more cardio because my knees already hurt a bunch and I'm not even 30. I think the only way to get the needed cardio in without knee issues is swimming?

Have you tried a bike?

Elliptical also but man super screw ellipticals.

Jumping rope is also excellent cardio and low impact!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Neil Armbong posted:

Bike/swim or stretch. I used to get knee pain when I did way more running in college and went to a doc who pointed out my hamstrings were super tight, causing pressure/pain in my knees. Got a series of stretches to do to reduce/eliminate the pain that were p effective.

Same. Did you also have lower back pain? Every single time I went in for lower back pain the doc was like good lord your hammies are brutally tight. I have to stretch every night or my back/hammies hurt. I'm old.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

e nm

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

piss tape israel posted:

lmao someone really hates you

gently caress whoever bought that for getting rid of 28-3 :smith:

Pretty sure it was MJBuddy. I may have called him a bitch one too many times. Funny though how it proved my original point AND it got rid of the 28-3 av so double bonus! What's funny is I didn't even notice it since I have av's off. Chili notified me haha!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Switch goons, I highly recommend Nine Parchments! It is a fun little magic game that plays a bit like Diablo and is overall really fun...especially multiplayer.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

C-Euro posted:

Yeah, I use to do an hour+ of job hunting and applying on some nights and it's just demoralizing when you work all day and then come home and work a bunch more for no (obvious) benefit. Gonna pace myself a little better in 2018, also I've resolved to play more video games in 2018 which is maybe counter-intuitive to getting a new job. But don't corporate gurus always say to work smarter not harder? :v:

Have you looked into recruiters to accompany your search? It can be a hassle at times because they push jobs they want to push and may not necessarily be a great fit but it doesn't hurt to have a few more people looking for you.

Also, off-topic, but watched E2 of Dark and we are hooked!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I feel really really bad for the ball kids

Like, I cannot shake the feeling the Balls are gonna be the basketball Von Erichs

I have no idea who the Von Erichs are, but I agree. Although...his younger two have legit no chance to make the NBA so I guess he is at least getting them money in Lithuania?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I was under the impression that the youngest one might have (had) a chance, but I don't follow along with this much other than to laugh at Lavar.

I dont think any of them ever would have sniffed the court prior to all this LaVarr drama. For sure not anymore.

They all have that weird rear end release and bad mechanics so not surprising none can shoot worth a lick.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

basement apartment :(

With all the reddit streams you don't need Sunday Ticket or Antenna friend!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Lebron James picking the right team in FA after this season. Otherwise :iiam:

Did you see the rumors they (Warriors) are targeting Anthony Davis long term? Freaking lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Is Lebron thinking of leaving Cleveland?

His relationship with Gilbert is toxic. He came back to win Cleveland a ring, which he did, so yeah all signs point to him leaving. I would love to see him in Philly :allears:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I don't really follow NFL streams but if it's anything like college streams, they've been super cracking down on them, even the ones with risky links and still ask for flash player, because HTML5 doesn't exist.

I use them every Sunday without issue. It did take me a few tries with last nights CFB game so maybe college is more difficult to find a good source.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

seiferguy posted:

ESPN.com was streaming it for free...

I found that out the hard way after multiple failed attempts lol

Mel Mudkiper posted:

you have to be a cable subscriber

Nah, it's the one I ended on. Some deeply embedded link into ESPN...sounds of the game. It was kinda cool, there were no announcers just the game/crowd noise and pa announcer.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

very stable genius posted:

A good recruiter is worth their weight in gold. I’m on my second day of a job that was brought to me by a recruiter I had been working with. Not one of those random guys who hits you up on LinkedIn with a job and then you never hear from them again, but a serious recruiter who was dead set on finding a good fit for me. I basically played video games all day and went on interviews that he set up for me. It was the best job search ever.

Absolutely. The problem is there are so many money hungry recruiters that just want to push candidates at customers without fitting experience/culture/needs etc. that it seriously muddies the water. You are correct though, when you find a good one hold on tightly and do not let them go!

pubic works project posted:

I'd like to see him in Indiana next to the 2019 MVP Victor Oladipo.

That would be fun too! Though, I feel like it's almost a certainty he heads west :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

pubic works project posted:

Look man, I just want him here for a year. Is that too much to ask? :(

Imagine Bron and Lance on the same team lol

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Right on queue!

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/950806215537364993

Kalli posted:

LeBron is basketball old right? Like how long can he realistically continue being a force of nature?

He is LeBron. For as long as he drat well wants!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

seiferguy posted:

Yeah I think my goal will be to work out two to three times a week to start with a variety of cardio, then have soccer. At the end of the month I also start up flag football again, so I'm hoping with soccer + flag football + 2 days of cardio I won't be such a wimp that feels ready to puke.

Yep your body just needs to adjust, and it will quickly, but Im sure your lungs were burning!

For indoor if you want my advice, I would do some HIIT stuff that simulates the stop and start movement of soccer where its like 0 to 60 in 1 second. You can hit up good, there are a ton of HIIT programs of all flavors.

Grats though man, Im getting the itch to do...something...again. I played indoor soccer, softball, volleyball and flag and then the kids came and I just havent gotten back into it. I miss it

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

I just want to say that when you work in a nursing home you walk in on residents having sex the best they can all the drat time.

What is the go to position for old folks?

Actually. Ya know what? Don't answer.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

seiferguy posted:

I worked in a nursing home as my very first job, and I never saw any of this as I scrolled down the hallways doing my food deliveries to the various nursing stations.

As a medic I was in our local nursing home a lot and really all I saw were dead people and old folks blankly staring off into space :(

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Its Rinaldo posted:

MaleSea otters will kidnap babies from their mothers and hold them to ransom until the mother brings them food

poo poo, I call that "dinner"

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

I definitely just meant the same species of plant. Not, like, the same individual plant on Fremont Peak! That would indeed be a crazy coincidence.

Seeing that pic reminded me of right after we moved down to Arizona and my buddy and I were at our kid's football game and one landed on his shoulder. Being from Illinois we didn't even know such monstrosities exist and we all freaked the hell out. Thankfully he didn't get stung because I just watched that video and wow...:stare:

Also why would anyone subject themselves to the most painful insect bites? That's insane!

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Freaquency posted:

There's a dude who's been stung/maybe bitten by almost everything that can sting/bite you just so he could create a scale of how much it loving sucks to get stung/bitten by a thing.

e: it's this guy

I dont know who is dumber. The guy who got stung purposely to create a pain scale or the guy who gets stung purposely to test the accuracy of the pain scale...

I would think all that venim is...bad...for the surrounding tissue over and over again? The brave wilderness dude uses the same spot on his left forearm every time.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

MelMudkiper is a fisher...

...of men :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

I can breath I just can't swallow

Do you swallow typically?