Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Blitz7x posted:

Real bbq is pulled pork with a liberally applied vinegar based sauce, hush puppies and coleslaw

With a Pepsi in a styrofoam cup filled with crushed ice this is my last meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I tried watching the first season of Peaky Blinders twice, and each time I got sorta disinterested after 3-4 episodes. It seems like Sons of Anarchy set in Oliver Twist times? And they just keep drinking and saying OI WE ARE THE PEAKY BLINDERS while rock music plays in the background. I heard Tom Hardy shows up and I'd love to see that but I can't get past these other characters

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
God drat the heat in my car isn’t working. How is this possible? Don’t cars just shunt engine heat into the cabin?? gently caress...

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I’d never leave you alone with these goras

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

TIL that gora is a word that that is strikingly similar to gringo

I think gringo is more like gaijin, a derogatory term for whites or any foreigner even. gora is just the hindi word for white, like Spanish's blanco you can use it for anything white

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
so I was a huuuge dick at work today and it was completely accidental, feels like I've blown a hole in my NY resolution on the 2nd day and I'm a bit torn up....

Our office floor's break room has a coffee machine next to a big water dispenser that dispenses hot/cold drinking water. Not a cooler, but a real machine that heats the water up to boiling, but it takes about 2-3 min to do that while it blinks red. I walked into the break room to get a drink of cold water, and there were 2 guys near both the coffee and water machine. 1 was waiting for the coffee machine to dispense coffee, and another was just waiting with a empty cup. The water machine was blinking red (someone had pressed the boil button). I just walked over and pressed the water machine's cold button and filled up my cup with cold, filtered water and walked away, but before I did I re-pressed the boil button. The guy waiting said thanks in a neutral tone and as I was walking back to my seat I realized he had been waiting for the water to boil, not for the coffee machine to free up. gently caress!!! That is such a rude thing to do, I was contemplating walking back and apologizing but said gently caress it, but now I'm lying in bed high thinking about it and I gotta track that guy down and apologize, the machine takes like 5 min to boil the water and I made him wait all over again

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
its a common tactic for tea drinkers/lunatics in my office to activate the boil and walk away, i have no guilt in interrupting those for some cold water there's no other water source besides drinking from a bathroom faucet and i always reactivate boil, I thought that was what was happening in this case, most people are waiting for coffee, his thanks also sounded genuine and not sarcastic/angry

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I tracked down the boiling water guy and apologized to him. He was very kind and understanding, and said he doesn't mind at all because he knows the boil function ends up hogging the only drinking water supply. We are now best friends

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Is that a real statement? Figured Trump would respond either via Twitter or through Huckabee, instead they released a small essay to reporters?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Nice job Fiz

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Gym bros, any thoughts on volume training? My trainer recommended it to me as a break from power lifting, and I just wondering if anyone had any success with it, and how the implemented it

What do you mean by volume training? going into higher rep ranges for sets? I like it, I think it's good to do all sorts of stuff from 2-30 reps unless you have very specific goals like increasing your 1 rep max. I think even then its good to to high rep stuff to let your connective tissue catch up, work on form, and build slabs of thick striated lean dense muscle that hangs off your frame impressively

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
yikes, 10x10 sounds like something called german volume training and its a really old, weird workout scheme I think. Why is your trainer bouncing from one end to another with you like this?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
gently caress that little Dobby looking bitch sessions

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
that photo makes me really sad :(

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I was planning on finishing Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince but I may need to put it down and pick this other book up

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I want to read it but I'm afraid I'll get angry instead of amused

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
i was muttering "son of a bitch" a lot during Nixonland, along with "gently caress this rear end in a top hat", maybe Fire and Fury isn't for me I already got a decent handle on what a clownshow it is

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I was walking home from work in 10 degree wind gusts and briefly thought about laying down on the sidewalk and dying, like an Everest climber too tired to continue...with a letter for my loved ones....

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
My favorite soup is French onion. 2nd favorite is tomato soup with rice and onions in it. What about you?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Someone once said that mike pence has a lego man haircut and I sometimes still think about that and chuckle

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/thechive/status/948588838691229698

Dogs feel the thrill of sledding just like humans do, I love it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

How do you even let someone ask you such a disrespectful question

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Thats the best way I can describe it. Specifically its a Nus Procedure where a couple bars are inserted into my chest and then rotated to push the ribcage out. The month afterwards was pure hell, I had never imagined I could feel so much pain.

This sounds like a scene from the saw movies

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
No absolutely not

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

hifi posted:

what ever happened to the 50/mayweather beef

it was pretty great, I don't remember the details but the last few parting shots were 50 telling Mayweather he'd pay him if he could read on camera and then Mayweather responding he'd pay 50 if he could get his son to say I love you dad on camera (50 and his son have a bad relationship)

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
How many frozen dumplings 🥟 can be eaten in a sitting before it’s a problem...I’m at 45 and just getting to “satisfied full”

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

piss tape israel posted:

how much sodium per serving?

I don’t know but I am thirsty

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Has anyone been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios? Was it fun?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Can you stand waiting in line for 2 hours?

I’m great at waiting in line, especially if I am waiting to enjoy an immersive Harry Potter experience

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

hifi posted:

oh man, frozen wontons, chicken stock in the jar, powdered ginger/garlic/onion/coriander, sesame seed oil, red pepper, soy sauce, a touch of rice vinegar

what’s this friend? What are you making or enjoying?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
anyone else stressed out all day long every day, 2018 blows

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

CharlestheHammer posted:

Phill Mudd.......owns?

Dumbasses

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
It’s very interesting and infuriating to look into why Haiti is so poor, regarding debt and France and all that

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
It’s almost 70 degrees in DC

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I've never read or seen Harry Potter

I’m reading it right now for the first time as a 32 yr old and THESE BOOKS ARE SO DOPE. I want to attend Hogwarts more badly than I want anything else

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

They just make me angry at how dumb all the magical adults are.

Yeah. I also don’t get how Mcdonagal didn’t join the Order. Head of House Gryffindor but you don’t feel like fighting the dark lord? gently caress outta here

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
I loved the Three Investigators. their clubhouse was awesome, and I liked the one that involved the sword of Hernando Cortez

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
One time Encyclopedia Brown solved a mystery by stating that you cannot put your left hand into your right pocket while running and I still think about that every few days

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
What about that book Stone Fox about the huskie who has a heart attack trying to get his human boy to win the sledding race

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
My favorite books are Midnight’s Children, The Andromeda Strain, and a few others I can’t remember