Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

everything from last night is a blur

Waking up bleary, aching, and confused is about the most appropriate tone to set for every year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

fishing with the fam posted:

White tiger attacks at an all time low? Why does MSM ignore?

You have to ask why the media focused less on reporting white crime?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Hot Diggity! posted:

Realizing that you covered up mental health issues for over a decade by overworking yourself and forcing yourself to quit is uhhhh really really terrifying

Existential uncertainty is pretty miserable in the short run, but you’ll be nothing but happy further down the road. I came up with every excuse in the book to avoid addressing my poo poo, but once I got help I gained a whole new appreciation for, well, everything. Who’d have thought that, even while still naturally being a miserable bastard, there’s definitely such thing as being too miserable.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
My dog managed to scratch a little spot on his ear until it drew blood, so he’s wearing the shaming cone until it heals, and now he just lays at my feet, wheezing and staring at me mournfully all evening. Pugs are disconcertingly good at sorrowful eyes, it’s like he realizes he’s nature’s tragic mistake.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

Fair choice, I thought he was dead.

Don’t know about you, but that certainly stokes envy in me

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Cash Monet posted:

https://twitter.com/MattNegrin/status/948601582807023616

I know it's been said a billion times but this is a loving The Thick of It/Veep season.

Counterpoint: it’s Les Miserables :getin:

https://twitter.com/naimeiyao/status/947904359576285185

there’s definitely a better example of French Revolution literature out there, but I’m uncultured swine, sue me

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You're mixing up your French Revolutions.

I went to American public school damnit, I’m lucky I know France was a country pre-1939.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Oatmeal Cookie Halo Top is my life

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
So, knowing how things have worked out for Trump so far, that means the pee tape will drop on Friday

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I kind of envy my dog. It’s not that he sleeps 23 hours a day, for at least several of those hours he’s mentally awake, but just seemingly can’t congeal his body from an ooze-like state. He’s the single most relaxed little puddle of a creature, even outdoing the cat and her sunbeam in that he manages it so consistently and for so long a duration.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
https://twitter.com/cosendem/status/948948921694302209

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

Apparently boston is flooding badly.

I hope the aquarium is okay :ohdear:

Of course it is, just means more water for the fish :downs:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

C-Euro posted:

Wife is supposed to get back from three weeks overseas tomorrow but she has a stopover elsewhere in the US and that flight got delayed and she might miss her connection to get home wheeeeee

Also I got turned down for a job I really wanted wheeeeee (technically I turned them down because they stupidly wanted to keep it as a six-month contract and I can't afford that risk)

E: Also I was going to use the excuse of needing to pick her up from the airport as an excuse to only work a half-day :negative: I might just do it anyway.

Smart call on the job, those contract situations are goddamn garbage and should be abolished; my wife had to go through a string of them, and it was hell.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Every year for the Super Bowl I make a big batch of chili, and we’ve typically invited over a family friend who’s got a kid the same age as mine, so I asked my wife if we should invite them again this year; she texted back a few hours later saying she got carried away and invited about 30 people. So, uh, that escalated quickly.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’m hoping for a JRPG style approach myself. Ooh, or better yet, get Kojima to write it!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

My snowblower decided to crap out today which was unfortunate.

Woo, workout time!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Oatmeal with protein powder mixed in is a legit stupid pleasure of mine, and my kid has grown up eating it too, which means it’s going to be really hilarious when she finally discovers that most people don’t have chocolate flavored oatmeal.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
So that question about literacy didn’t sit well I guess?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Squirrels are noisy rats with better PR, gently caress ‘em all.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ehud posted:

rats are good and cute though?

Pet rats are, but after working in a dockside restaurant I’ve got little patience for the wild ones.

Edit:

Biggest donors, not biggest supporters, and it’s really telling she can’t see the difference

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

FizFashizzle posted:

Ron Wyden blow trees bitch

Merkley’s definitely the superior Oregon senator, but he’s so forgettable he doesn’t even get recognized when he sits in a Portland brewpub hours at a time.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
https://twitter.com/khanoisseur/status/949802901567815680

Look, we’ll just make sure it’s a super lovely wall, that way we all win!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I told my wife to choose the Netflix movie tonight, and she picked Marie Antoinette. I’m not sure how to describe it, is there a word that encompasses feeling simultaneously crushingly bored and filled with boiling rage?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

Let me tell you about the real power imbalance, the feminist stranglehold on the reproduction market.

Intelligent, hard working, socially maladjusted nice guys are consistantly and constantly denied adequate compensation from females who horde it all for chads and each other. This lesbian-chad domination of the market is the real racism.

Someday the Junior Project will be complete, and the female monopoly on the womb will at last be broken.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Agreeing that treadmills are the worst. I always found it weird that I run worse times on a treadmill, despite terrain and traffic and whatever else outdoors I wind up covering more ground at a faster pace than I would on a machine; probably something to do with my stride or whatever, but who cares.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Guys I'm starting to get worried about Israel going all-out war on Assad. They've got both Egypt and the Saudis in their pocket , and they're attacking targets in Syria daily

Forgive my ignorance on all things Middle East, but hasn’t that been the case for Syria for years now? And not just from Israel, but like 14 other factions as well?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Shangri-Law School posted:

I just went swimming. Could underwater lifting be a thing?

I’m picturing a combination of Fiz’s clean and this?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Finally gave Crazy Ex-Girlfriend a shot at the recommendation of TVIV, I’d passed since between the title, that it was a musical, and that it’s on the CW it sounded awful. Hooooly poo poo y’all, this show is amazing and I love it.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Blitz7x posted:

A huge rear end earthquake just hit off the coast of Honduras and now Belize and Honduras are under a 0.3-1m tsunami warning :ohdear:

Well poo poo, my parents are in Belize, hope they don’t get too far underwater

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Intruder posted:

JCVJ is amazing

"No, one at a time! It'll get confusing!"

Wanna lead a campaign, Justice for N-Word Jims.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Last Action Hero would’ve been way better if they hadn’t tried to make it kid friendly, or at least aged the sidekick up a bit.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I’m spending an inordinate amount of time now thinking back to all those stories about dolphins rescuing people, and wondering just how dark some of those incidents could get.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
https://twitter.com/billnye/status/951203860118364160

I’m confused, does this mean there are examples of ultimate frisbee teams who aren’t all stoned?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Neil Armbong posted:

Seeing sea otters on the glacier cruise in Alaska was dope. They'd be sleeping holding hands and the boat snuck up on a few and when they woke up to realize what was going on they just dive. The ones who heard the boat coming would be gone before we got close to them. But such adorable critters.

We used to occasionally run into river otters rafting in Montana and Idaho, they were amazing. They’d try to stay out of sight, and usually just bark at us and occasionally pop their heads up, but they’d also follow the rafts down the river for a stretch to check us out.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Skwirl posted:

This is why William Gibson and Neal Stephenson stopped trying to write about the future.

https://twitter.com/SamGrittner/status/951237483337076736

The plot to the new JCVD straight to DVD revenge thriller is sounding good!

Yes, I know he’s not French

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I just had a really horrible moment of self-awareness. My kid’s school sent out an email yesterday that they were offering after school yoga classes for kindergarten through second grade, but that there were only a few slots available; I happened to be sitting at my desk when the message came in, so I replied within 10 minutes. Never heard back until now, when they emailed that the class is full, and I had a knee jerk moment of blind rage that my kindergartner didn’t get into yoga, before realizing that oh poo poo, I’m THAT yuppie Portland parent.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Ehud posted:

What's everyone doing at work today

I'm sitting in accounting working on Sage and Excel issues

Planning the menu and shopping list for our Super Bowl party. 2 different chili recipes, Korean chicken wings, a jalapeño-cheese casserole (Intruder’s recipe I think?), and cornbread are all planned, plus chips, soda, and beer. It’s gonna be frenetic getting things together before kickoff, I’m hugely stoked.

Edit: I mean, I’m writing my overdue reports, of course

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Skwirl posted:

It's not the first movie with a manic pixie dream girl but it's like the ultimate example of it.

Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s has her beat by a country mile

:goonsay:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Saw the strangest back window sticker on a truck this morning. It said "Vets over refugees"

Those are two completely disconnected groups. Is someone telling conservatives that we can only help one of those two groups?

They’re at least being honest in their very cynical worldview that life is a zero sum game, which I find less egregious than maintaining the facade of compassionate conservatism or whatever. That said, they’re also being honest in their naked and unabashed racism, turning on suffering racial and religious minorities for lack of available resources rather than, oh I don’t know, their nearest billionaire, but details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
On the suggestion of my AP English teacher I read the Fountainhead junior year for some scholarship. Thankfully it didn’t send me down too dark a path for too long, but looking back I’ve got a lot of really angry questions for that teacher and whoever the gently caress was offering that scholarship.