Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love this conversation. nsm of all people is laying out all these obvious reasons why the two of them going to visit dr. strange is a bad idea, but mj wants to go see a (sex) wizard so that's that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Lurdiak posted:

Like Morbius' hand suckers, it skirts actual violence by going into strange body horror.

Yeah it feels weird to say but biting into someone's neck and drinking their blood is pretty tame if the alternative is lamprey fingers.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Remember: He doesn't drink blood, he drinks plasma.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

MJ wants that sorcerer dick.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Just walking around with my cool chain.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

NSM is a really long, drawn-out justification for why the burglar Peter let go that fateful day coincidentally ended up at Uncle Ben's house that night. It was because of May, who has a supernatural ability to draw criminals to her.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Strange: Why hello, Mary Jane Watson Parker, Mr. Not-an-avenger. Come in have some tea.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!
MJ: Stephen Strange, I've come to barge in!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"...or, should I say, to you?"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Face it, tiger! You just hit the jackpot!"
"But honey, that's what you said to me when we first met and you were trying to get into my pants!"
"Technically this is a one-piece I have on. Not really pants."
"See, Pete? Nothing to worry about!"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"You could gently caress me."

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Just charge at them and start punching them in the head. You don't need to do crazy acrobatics in order to beat people up Pete.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
It tickles me that it took Peter a few moments to remember what his Spider-Sense does.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ikasuhito posted:

Just charge at them and start punching them in the head. You don't need to do crazy acrobatics in order to beat people up Pete.

He should just put some knuckle dusters on. You wake up with the imprint of one of those in your forehead and you're not going to immediately think some punk kid who walloped you has super powers.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
But what is they start to suspect that I, Peter Parker, am secretly Knuckle-Duster-Man?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Johnny Walker posted:

"...or, should I say, to you?"

LOL at Pete looking around, hoping no one is around to see him getting cucked in broad daylight

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Strange: Hello, I'm Stephen Strange.
MJ: Hello Stephen Strange.
Strange: That's DOCTOR Stephen Strange, thank you very much :smug:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so this guy's plan was to find a woman and magically encourage her to go visit strange. except, mj was already talking about visiting him and the evil wizard didn't know. so what, did he pick her out of the crowd as someone who was horny for stephen strange?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Jerusalem posted:

Strange: Hello, I'm Stephen Strange.
MJ: Hello Stephen Strange.
Strange: That's DOCTOR Stephen Strange, thank you very much :smug:

Introductions are not his forte.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewFg5wUvkGI

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

We sure that guy in the middle isn't some kinda metahuman? His teeth look like they got replaced by a griddle.

Also, Peter, legit no-one cares how you beat up three guys. There's thousands of cases of people getting hopped up on adrenaline or using wrestling moves/martial arts and beating the odds with feats of strength when they're feeling threatened. Heck these days it is an entire video genre of released security footage.

Edit: Oh, and one for the villains too: You really don't have to make sure she doesn't talk to the cops. You already intimidated her once, all you are doing is exposing yourselves to more issues by not leaving it alone and, if she already talked to the cops you're giving them and onlookers more information about yourselves, or even risking arrest if the cops should just now be on their way to take her statement (it has been a full day after all).

But then of course the comic wouldn't have any drama or tension. Also, even for NSM characters these guys seem immensely dumb, on purpose.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jul 11, 2020

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they are random ne'er-do-wells, so it isn't much of a stretch for them to be really dumb (but still smarter than peter)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

evilmiera posted:

Edit: Oh, and one for the villains too: You really don't have to make sure she doesn't talk to the cops. You already intimidated her once, all you are doing is exposing yourselves to more issues by not leaving it alone and, if she already talked to the cops you're giving them and onlookers more information about yourselves, or even risking arrest if the cops should just now be on their way to take her statement (it has been a full day after all).

But then of course the comic wouldn't have any drama or tension. Also, even for NSM characters these guys seem immensely dumb, on purpose.
Cop 1: So what was that description again?
Cop 2: Three guys, nothing distinguishing except one carries around a giant chain. Like it's draped over him all the time. He also has lockjaw and is constantly gritting his giant teeth.
Cop 1: Dammit that could be anybody!

Better be a helluva hangnail.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Peter easily distracted by Strange's pointing while MJ remains unwavering in her eyefucking gaze.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Johnny Walker posted:

Cop 1: So what was that description again?
Cop 2: Three guys, nothing distinguishing except one carries around a giant chain. Like it's draped over him all the time. He also has lockjaw and is constantly gritting his giant teeth.
Cop 1: Dammit that could be anybody!

Better be a helluva hangnail.

eww, the colourist doesn’t know that the spots on Strange’s arm mean he has his gloves on

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

We seem to be missing a couple of days. Either way I'm glad to see Pete went the worst route possible by not only letting thugs he could have easily stopped Rob his aunt, but is also going to nearly kill her as a result.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Yeah the scans for Sundays in this paper just...don't exist. And the scans for Saturday looked like this:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
:eyepop:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol: that is a primo Pete face.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

This loving thread :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Hey there's a day missi-

Nevermind :lol:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

That's petit larceny!

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
oh thank god, at least sunday colourist knows that Strange is wearing gloves

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I was simply... conjuring up a little something to eat. And here you are.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Lobok posted:

I was simply... conjuring up a little something to eat. And here you are.

Why is everyone in this goddamn comic so thirsty all the time??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Johnny Walker posted:

That's petit larceny!

"...and you good sir, are NOT an Avenger."