Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"Why won't people applaud me for solving a problem I caused?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Hey Peter, why didn't you do that before trying to walk into the place in your civilian identity? Did you forget your webshooters again?

And of course they're going to lock the room after the item was stolen! Its called preserving a crimescene.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

evilmiera posted:

Did you forget

let me stop you there

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Alhazred posted:

"Why won't people applaud me for solving a problem I caused?"

"I didn't think of the consequences!"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the lesson is clear. it's a lot easier to get away with being a comically inept super hero than it is a comically inept thief. naturally, peter will not remember any of this.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNRqJHzPA2c

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Spidey has a really unfortunate view of the Pharus phallus.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Either all Atlanteans can swim at superhuman speeds with superhuman endurance or it's gonna take weeks for that kid to show up.

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Push El Burrito posted:

Either all Atlanteans can swim at superhuman speeds with superhuman endurance or it's gonna take weeks for that kid to show up.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Getting strong Stan Lee vibes from that museum director.

"DON'T JUMP IN THAT WATER, IT'S SUPER POLLUTED BY US HUMANS! ALSO I HAVE TO BEAT UP NAMOR FOR TRYING TO STOP US POLLUTING THAT WATER!"

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Museum Curator -- 'Wait, what's this web-like substance all over the Desert Star?"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So crime... does pay?

Also, I like that Peter pretends to have known about the fire with his sense of smell but didn't actually know about it with his Spider Sense.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Aunt May totally went to the basement and started an electrical fire to cover up another one of her idiot nephew's numerous blunders.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Aunt May totally went to the basement and started an electrical fire to cover up another one of her idiot nephew's numerous blunders.

MJ tried to burn down the museum when Peter wanted to go there instead of on a hot date.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I guess, in some wacky way, etc etc.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Pete's reward: a free day pass to the museum

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Atlantis actually has an excellent public transportation system.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Much like the British Crown, Atlantis has other palaces where members of the royal family can stay. The Queen has Balmoral. Namor has the East River.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Pete's reward: a fre--

Binary Badger posted:

Pete's reward: a free day pass to the museum

Oh, you spoilsport

Crime doesn't pay, true believers!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

And that's it. This one was worth sharing not only to see NSM being a self-destructive moron who can't seem to even use his powers for crime, but also because it was the last newspaper story penned by John Romita Sr. He stopped drawing the strip shortly after the whole business with The Protector was over with, being replaced by Larry Lieber from then on.

If you are curious what was on the last panel, it's the start of the next story: Dr Octopus, but sadly the following years have not been released in a collection yet.

Speaking of which, you should show your support for NSM by buying the two available collections so far so they see we want more of those. They are $10 each, here's vol1 and vol2.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"One little accident..." you loving broke in, stole a priceless artifact, beat up some people for not paying you enough for it, and triggered a false fire alarm to cover up your crimes!

Also ahhh man that sucks, no more of the collected strips. Thanks for posting them, Saoshyant

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Saoshyant posted:

And that's it. This one was worth sharing not only to see NSM being a self-destructive moron who can't seem to even use his powers for crime, but also because it was the last newspaper story penned by John Romita Sr. He stopped drawing the strip shortly after the whole business with The Protector was over with, being replaced by Larry Lieber from then on.

If you are curious what was on the last panel, it's the start of the next story: Dr Octopus, but sadly the following years have not been released in a collection yet.

Speaking of which, you should show your support for NSM by buying the two available collections so far so they see we want more of those. They are $10 each, here's vol1 and vol2.

Thanks for sharing, this was an excellent trip :)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

But what about your small pocket of air in your mask?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
MJ reverse engineering the spider tracer to see if Pete is off running around with Black Cat.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Johnny Walker posted:

But what about your small pocket of air in your mask?

Meanwhile at the harbor, the drowned body of a young boy rises to the surface...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJ: So your abs... aren't wet?
Spidey: What? No. Is something wrong?
MJ: No it's fine, I'm fine. :mad:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"We're hosed, MJ. hosed!"

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Alhazred posted:

"We're hosed, MJ. hosed!"

"Peter, the only way we can stop Namor is for you and he to have a battle for king of Abs-lantis. You need to take your shirt off and show me- I mean, him- your amazing, wet, defined abs..."

"Wait, who's Peter? I'm Spider-Man. I mean, I'm Peter. I mean, I'm Peter-Man. Spider-Pete? Oh no, does she suspect that I, Peter-Spider, am secretly Man-Parker?"

"... It's a good thing you're so handsome."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm starting to suspect that the resolution to this is that the world can keep polluting, but atlanteans now have to use the us health care system to survive.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Namor really is as stupid as Peter. It is physically impossible to shut down polluting industries in a single day over the entire world (due to safe shutdown procedures) let alone informing everyone how and when to do it. Even if some greedy exec didn't try to keep open anyway, we're already, for example, seeing oil wells in real life be incapable of shutting down immediately without just breaking apart and polluting even more.

I guess Namor's nation has no advanced crafting whatsoever. Despite having warships.

Edit: Then again in Namor's mind all he has to do is decree that something gets done and it is. Not that it actually gets done, mind, but his subordinates all say it did and then they throw him a parade and he is happy.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 09:55 on May 8, 2020

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean maybe the ultimatum is just a roundabout way of declaring war cause he knows humanity can't pull it off.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot

evilmiera posted:

Namor really is as stupid as Peter. It is physically impossible to shut down polluting industries in a single day over the entire world (due to safe shutdown procedures) let alone informing everyone how and when to do it. Even if some greedy exec didn't try to keep open anyway, we're already, for example, seeing oil wells in real life be incapable of shutting down immediately without just breaking apart and polluting even more.

I guess Namor's nation has no advanced crafting whatsoever. Despite having warships.

Edit: Then again in Namor's mind all he has to do is decree that something gets done and it is. Not that it actually gets done, mind, but his subordinates all say it did and then they throw him a parade and he is happy.

I love this panel of Spidey lecturing MJ, so here's a blank one so YOU TOO can have Spidey mansplain stuff to his wife!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Don't you swim all the time?

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Johnny Walker posted:

Don't you swim all the time?

Don't you jog all the time?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So everybody in Atlantis got those eyebrows.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

"The air-breathers will pay for having made you swim for hours!"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Saoshyant posted:

"The air-breathers will pay for having made you swim for hours!"

"What? No, I was just happy to be back in the water I swam laps before coming back home."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I like that a little kid swimming in a hospital gown could catch up with Namor's flagship after a few hours. It gives an idea of how fast these Atlantean submarines go.