Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hellblazer187 posted:

I come from 100 pages ago. Is it really over? Is it really really over?

It has been for a while yes, everything posted in this thread as of late is a rerun.

Though out of curiosity, has anyone involved with this strip said anything about starting something new (be it about Spider-Man or otherwise)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they are all very, very old. it's done.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I got the impression that the Powers That Be wanted to get rid of NSM for a while but couldn't because Stan Lee liked it.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
There was talk of another strip for a while that was just about the Marvel universe in general but so far nothing has happened.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Push El Burrito posted:

There was talk of another strip for a while that was just about the Marvel universe in general but so far nothing has happened.
I don't think any of that talk was actually from Marvel so I suspect nothing is coming, which is unfortunate. Even if they were to bring something back, it's highly unlikely it would be anything like what we all know and love.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

So basically Spidey achieved nothing.

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alhazred posted:

So basically Spidey achieved nothing.

And yet, in some nutty way he wins!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Johnny Walker posted:

I don't think any of that talk was actually from Marvel so I suspect nothing is coming, which is unfortunate. Even if they were to bring something back, it's highly unlikely it would be anything like what we all know and love.

"he's already dead!"
"Oh, okay. Well back to waging war with the surface dwellers."

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Larryb posted:

Though out of curiosity, has anyone involved with this strip said anything about starting something new (be it about Spider-Man or otherwise)?

King Features posted:

You'll be seeing some changes in your friendly neighborhood Amazing Spider-Man comic strip over the coming months. Starting on March 25, King Features and Marvel will be re-running some of Spider-Man's greatest hits. We'll be back soon with great new stories and art to explore even more corners of the Marvel Universe for you and your readers to enjoy. We'll be announcing more about these new adventures in the very near future, so keep your Spidey senses tuned in!

Roy Thomas posted:

I know nothing of any Spidey strip to come, only that the one Alex Saviuk and I (and until recently Larry Lieber) had been doing is kaput

Alex Saviuk posted:

Now that KFS has posted their statement, yes, the Spider-Man strip as we know it has come to an end. As much as Roy Thomas and I were hoping that the strip would go on to continue Stan Lee's legacy just as King Features did with The Phantom after Lee Falk died 20 years ago, that's not the case here. It's news to me that in the statement it mentioned a new strip starting up possibly months down the road after they reprint some classic Lee-Romita stories from 40 years age, or 30 years ago, whichever they choose. A strip further exploring the Marvel Universe as they say, which doesn't mean it would or wouldn't be Spider-Man, and if they were going to feature new creators or if they would call on Roy and me again to create stories in any universe they desire us to go.
All that was back in March of last year and, as far as I'm aware, nothing has been announced or confirmed since then.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I actually got a chance to ask Roy Thomas about it and he didn't know poo poo but he loved the Newspaper Spider-Man print I had him sign and also I was just super stoked to talk to Roy Thomas.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Roy Thomas is legit one of the greats. I don't think that gets said enough.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It really doesn't.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Push El Burrito posted:

I actually got a chance to ask Roy Thomas about it and he didn't know poo poo but he loved the Newspaper Spider-Man print I had him sign and also I was just super stoked to talk to Roy Thomas.
Was it the giant spider strip?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Johnny Walker posted:

Was it the giant spider strip?

It kinda had to be, right?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Push El Burrito posted:

It kinda had to be, right?

That's the purest, strongest NSM strip.

Second place is the one on the airplane with the bratty kid.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pharus: Your soldiers tried to stop two complete strangers from violently abducting me, it's unconscionable!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
once again, nsm wins by knocking himself out and making his opponent feel sorry for him. dumb like a fox spider, baby.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sunday artist really goes hard on those Atlantean brows.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sunday blues, kid always seems to get it.

Who's filming / streaming Spidey getting clowned on anyway?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
There's always a camera crew following spidey getting dunked on, its NYC most watched show.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it wasn't accidental at all, though. atlantis' existence was a well established fact and everyone continued to dump toxic waste on them anyway.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Namor is spending this entire conversation crouched down and emoting with his hands and arms

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it wasn't accidental at all, though. atlantis' existence was a well established fact and everyone continued to dump toxic waste on them anyway.
I mean, we dump toxic waste on our own surface people all the time, so it tracks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Namor: Very well, in that case all I ask is that the surface world reduce it's pollution of the ocean by 0.0000001%
The Surface World: gently caress you, pal! t:mad:t
Pharus: My Prince, you have to stop being such a hardliner!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

My liege, the surface world has sent one of their merchant noblemen to negotiate! They say they will try to stop the scourge of plastic straws that poison and choke our wildlife! Our intelligence has gathered he represents a coffee operation ruled by a mermaid who is unknown to us. We are trying to determine her identity... perhaps she will be an ally to our cause!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Poor, naive Pharus.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

This brave man will go against China on his own, stopping them from continuously dump non-stop plastic garbage on the oceans! He'll web Xi Jiping himself and teach him a lesson. Wait, are we talking about Pete?

Speaking of, I can't imagine Namor would take lip from a random kid from his kingdom.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

This brave man will go against China on his own, stopping them from continuously dump non-stop plastic garbage on the oceans! He'll web Xi Jiping himself and teach him a lesson.
That man isn't even conscious right now.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Johnny Walker posted:

Poor, naive Pharus.

"Oops, butterfingers" chuckles a man, opening the valve on his chemical waste truck in the harbor at night

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

"Also, the doctor snuck some food into the hospital for me. They make such delicious pizzas."

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Johnny Walker posted:

Poor, naive Pharus.

Wait, did no one tell Pharus that Namor was declaring war on the surface?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Namor: Pharus, you realize that I have already murdered the spider man.
Pharus: Oh... well, he may still serve our cause, my liege! In my hospital stay I was shown the clever tale of The Weekend At Bernie's!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Also given that the surface has known about Atlantis since World War 2 can you really say that it's accidental in the Marvel Universe?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Mary Jane SMASHES through some crates and roars "HOW ABOUT FOR MINE?"

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
METAL GEAR!?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Gasp!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MJ's really hosed up this time, Peter only flies into a rage of unequaled strength if he thinks Aunt May is going to marry somebody she has the hots for.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Peter: I guess you're my "uncle Namey" now!

Namor: what? That's not how that works!

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

"Also he's not an avenger."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

MJ's really hosed up this time, Peter only flies into a rage of unequaled strength if he thinks Aunt May is going to marry somebody she has the hots for.

That's assuming he ever regain consciousness.