Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

evilmiera posted:

Not his old nemesis, a truck?

Freighters are the Trucks of the Sea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
"Boat pilot" could imply that MJ is a person familiar with the inlets and shallows of the everglades, and thus able to safely navigate there. Of course, that still leaves the question of how and why she learned that as a model.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Is he tall and thin,
Or short and
SQUATT?
The Gator of Swatt.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Samuringa posted:

Newspaper Deliverance

Very nice.

"Squeal like a gator!"

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

Connors is a junkie in heavy denial. He's in the "Boy I'll never do that again" phase.

"And this time, I mean it."

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Maybe he's not really Iron Fist. Maybe he's really Lead Foot or Copper Bottom in a cunning disguise.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

I hope to God he was standing there the entire time.

With a lampshade on his head.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Synthbuttrange posted:

I only just registered that her sword's sound effect is the same font as a takeout menu.

Kind of a sterotypeface.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Alhazred posted:

That doesn't explain why Daredevil isn't yellow.

How could the Man Without Fear be yellow?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Saoshyant posted:

Wilson Fisk is just a large guy with no super powers. He isn't even wearing any weapon or armor.

And what he is wearing is a powder blue suit, black shirt, and white tie. I mean, it's got to be hard to find clothes when you're size 98 Extra Muscly, but would the Kingpin even buy off the rack?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Well, it'd have to be someone connected to the theater itself, not someone just connected to a show that can move to a different house.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

who could have guessed that the sequel to a direct to video movie would not be successful

Yeah, but the first one turned into an underground hit. Who could have predicted that the sequel wouldn't be as successful as Shock Treatment?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I think he looks more like singer/sausage magnate Jimmy Dean.

gleebster fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 15, 2019

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Scaramouche posted:

Also that panel is from...I wanna say mid sixties if it's the intro issue? They didn't have great colour repro back then (e.g. why the hulk is green) so they probably toned down his skin so it wouldn't get lost in his clothes.

Shouldn't purple-skinned people avoid wearing purple, kind of like redheads not wearing red?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Rectal Death Adept posted:

Some real generous sidewalks in that part of town. It's wider than a two lane road.

I think that's supposed to be the Harlem River Drive.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Uh, does this mean they've come to the end of the line?

http://bbs.rbma.com/

Attention Spider-Man clients:

You’ll be seeing some changes in your friendly neighborhood AMAZING SPIDER-MAN comic strip over the coming months. Starting on March 25, King Features and Marvel will be re-running some of Spider-Man’s greatest hits. We’ll be back soon with great new stories and art to explore even more corners of the Marvel Universe for you and your readers to enjoy. We’ll be announcing more about these new adventures in the very near future, so keep your Spidey senses tuned in!

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
I don't think I've even seen "Forest Hills!" written with an exclamation mark, even by someone writing about tennis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

maltesh posted:

Shouldn't there be a corpse down there?

The rats of Manhattan can be very bold.