Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Haifisch posted:

If he's AB negative, he can get blood from loving anyone as long as they're not Rh positive! :argh:

I mean, ignoring that whatever effect The Lizard blood has on transfusions.

It's me, I'm the one mad about scientific accuracy in the strip where a werewolf was killed by projecting the sun in a planetarium.

Obviously he has AB- with a different type P from the average person.

You know, P, for Purple Pants. He shares it with the hulk.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok but they have smartphones.

It's like dick tracy

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Isn't... isn't AB the universal recipient to O being the universal donor? Couldn't they just give him any type negative blood? Or have things changed since they drilled the blood types into my head in elementary school?

He said it was an AB exotic, so his blood type is one of those weird ones that sometimes will aggressively expand and turn green.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The only source is the daily mail, which isn't giving any names on their sources (And it seems odd a nursing company representative would violate HIPAA like that) .

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ikasuhito posted:

Has the artist never given blood before? I give more than that for a blood screening.

It's a rare blood type, five times as strong as normal blood.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

Lizard creates a mutant race of human krokodil.

Arm reduction

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quite stretched out posted:

spider-man will need an infusion of mysterio's blood to beat the lizard

no i dont know why mysterio is in florida either

Epcot

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Looking for GROONKKK

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

"I've always liked to think I don't actually have anything in common with Spider-Man."

That's not even subtext... that's just text

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

banner already knows he's spider-man. it wasn't even that long ago (in nsm time at least) that it happened

he even called spider-man parker in this comic

You really think spider-man has that kind of attention span?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Can you make a really big version of it so I can use it as a wallpaper

:effort:

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 22, 2018

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jordan7hm posted:

Wait so does Stan Lee actually still write this thing?

I read that Larry is still drawing it. These dudes are old as hell though.

According to every interview he still does writing

Even if he doesn't, it's important kayfabe

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

That's a very silver surfer pose JJJ is doing

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Reading this in Spanish made me realize that NSM is one of those comics that would be a blast if you sent to a class of kids with the word balloons empty for them to fill in with their own writing.

:ssh: don't spill the trade secrets

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

the whitefooted gronnk is an invasive species

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

IMPORTANT NEWS FLASH

All that blood transfusion stuff? If you take lead time into account, it's loving autobiographical

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Android Blues posted:

From the perspective of the local ecosystem, it was a rampage! Why, I bet some frogs probably didn't get predated while those snakes were distracted and now the population is going to be imbalanced for days or weeks.

Those snakes are an invasive species, connors was just trying to feed them to the local gators and restore the balance

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

All it takes to label someone a Top Scientist... is a little SPIN

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Snake sex party discovered after Florida python implanted with tracking device

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Proteus Jones posted:

There’s no real proof, the most they can get him on is negligent homicide.

arguably he can get away scot free since he's prioritizing the rescue of two injured people over someone in good physical condition

in core marvel if a super hero ever fails to save any one person society will instantly drat them, but newspaper marvel probably just double-takes at the idea of spiderman saving anybody.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

In a shocking twist, the gator will bite Spidey and he will require a blood transfusion from JJ in order to live.

"I need selfies! Selfies of myself!"

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I'm sad that infinity war made it canon that MCU spiderman does NOT have a reserve pocket of air in his mask

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

and then my dad comes by and tells me he is sorry he abandoned me as a baby and I am a better person than he could ever be :cry:

so I take it he's the best liar there?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Is that......a reference to the Netflix shows? I assumed these were all written in the 80s and stored in a vault somewhere

They're still being written, allegedly by Stan Lee

Now, some people doubt this, but take the lead time into account and try to line up Stan's life events with the comic. It's actually heavily autobiographical.

On the first of this month, Stan Lee, a nurse, a lawyer, and a business partner were threatened by two gunmen

And remember all those blood transfusion shenanigans?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Post edits but link the image to the original, that way people keep on their toes

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Just post the original first, then post the edits. It's not rocket science.

unless the edit is really funny

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Just found out newspaper spidey is authentic to issue 1

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1017358625478758400

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Not to state the obvious, but everyone in NSM speaks in an old-timey, over-expository style.

not to the same extent - the strip hovers at a good six out of ten and he's at eight or nine.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Samuringa posted:

Spidey Aware 100, a man who must keep his consciousness in check for if it ever reaches 100% he'll be useful lose control of his powers

I see where you're going with this, but if the analogy held up Spider-man would be most useful when he was taking a nap which -

okay objection withdrawn

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

goatface posted:

You can survive that you coward.

he has the proportional squishability of a spider

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Iron fist does not obey your western laws of perspective.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

If totaled means the same thing when applied to people, then he might just have a broken leg and need an ambulance ride.

Yeah the mob insurance won't cover any medical bills for thugs in excess of their cost of replacement.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I thought he was in hospital

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/PolygonCherub/status/1040662029206540288

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

so what's the deal with newspaper spiderman, is stan lee really writing it?

The official story is that he and his brother are writing it together, and anyone breaking kayfabe doesn't deserve to post in this thread.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Putting aside the fact that newspaper Spider-man is probably still strong enough to pulverize Kingpin's bones by just punching harder, I fail to see how any amount of training or natural strength (which Kingpin has plenty of) could prepare you for just getting webbed up. That's like your move, Spidey. It's not like Kingpin's a small, fast-moving target.

Haven't you seen any bug collectors???? Creepy crawlies are weak to pins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

freshlybaked posted:

There's no reason Spider-Man shouldn't have been able to do that.

And also, if Fisk's really been studying the methods Peter uses to defeat his enemies, then like...he's ready for Peter to trick him into hitting himself in the head with a hammer. He has countermeasures for Peter damming up the fountain of youth by dropping a bunch of rocks on his own head, or luring him to a planetarium and projecting a fake sun. He's keeping an eye out for JJJ breaking into his house and bludgeoning him with a lamp. And he knows better than to fall for Peter jumping on his chest and giving a speech about his fundamental humanity.

But just trying to punch him in the face? There's no way you could predict NSM would do that.