Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Casimir Radon posted:

They should cast Lena Dunham for that authentic product of incest look.

Please do not confuse products and producers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Casimir Radon posted:

Civil War was good but was right on the cusp of having too many heroes in it.

For a Captain America film, it totally did. For an Avengers film, it didn't. The problem came from them labelling an Avengers spin off as a Captain America film, so it occupies this weird middle between them.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Gatts posted:

Why in the world did I think that said “Spider-man” movie trailer then think the same thing after I went to YouTube?

I'm now picturing Japanese Slender-Man, where he summons a gigantic mecha to murder people in the woods. And it's awesome.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Hey, there's the intervening seasons of Bloodline where he wears button-down t-shirts. Be fair to Ben.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Robot Hood

Directive 1: Steal from the Rich
Directive 2: Give to the Poor
Directive 3: CLASSIFIED

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

muscles like this! posted:

Actually there's a theory that (Disney's) Aladdin takes place thousands of years into a post apocalyptic future.

The Cave of Wonders isn't sand.

Nanomachines.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

W-what happened to the cargo arms?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I just saw a New Mutants trailer the other day. It looked like an interesting departure for Marvel. I wonder how badly it will get neutered in this delay.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

It would be cool if Disney did the same for Star Wars.

No, I don't think it's a great idea to let the least capable director Star Wars ever had have another shot at the franchise. I mean, I'd like to think he's been humbled and maybe had come to realize he isn't a genius, but it's still George Lucas.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Like the transition from First Blood to First Blood II wasn't jarring? It goes from "war is hell and destroys the survivors as much as the fallen" to "gently caress yeah, war rules!"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

$50M for a two-part episode of The Outer Limits? Holy gently caress.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Those Middle-Earth games would be way cooler if your wraith headmate was Ricardo Montelban, no lie.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Doesn't change Luke's surname and homes him with Vader's stepbrother. Ben was a moron.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

They fought Pac-Man by using the power of Galaga and a baseball game. It was weird.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

The movie will be okay if they make it about Carlos los Jaguar, a humble Mexican cat who invents the flamin' hot puffed corn snack... and reinvents himself as a cool cheetah (because a speciesist business man can't tell one spotted big cat from another), rising to incredible heights before ruining his life and having to reconnect with his heritage to discover the greatest wealth was inside him all along.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Mario: John Cena
Luigi: Rey Mysterio
Bowser: Big Show

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Will Michael Cera play a Shy Guy?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I hope the sequel hook is all the idiotic sequels rolled into a single credits sting. Just a spaceship crashing into a mountain to reveal Mario van Peebles becoming Satan.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

loving John Scalzi liked RPO!? I used to have a lot of respect for that guy.

Scalzi enjoying it damns the book far more than all the explanations from others, at least for me.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Lol if you never wanted to get hosed up on spice beer and float through the air after pulling your boy toys' heart plug so he can die in your arms

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Arakkis is supposed to rotate through the various Houses, as well, because no one family should have sole control of the source of spice. The Harkonnen had control for their time, and were quite good at keeping the planet running smoothly, I believe, so the Emperor had that as a reason to gently caress over the Atreides as well.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Inescapable Duck posted:

I bless the rains down in Arrakis

Slowly, boy, the blade slips through the shield!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm still mad that one hasn't gotten a remake.

It did.

In Bollywood.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Eh, I can see the appeal. Like of there was a movie about Stairway to Heaven, using it as a frame to tell a story about what led to it and such, that might be interesting if it was well made. This is Christian cinema, though, so it'll be bland and tepid.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I want them to set it immediately following Last Crusade. Get Connery back, too, and just completely ignore their obvious age. Fight the SS occultism head on with a dash of Grumpy Old Men.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Yeah, they really did make a veritable cult classic of cinema, just like Masters of the Universe.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Jumanji, but pachinko. It will do fantastic in Japan.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

So what I'm learning is that even the Yakuza have lost their balls.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

TIKI TORCH LIT

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Jumanji, but it's a tabletop figure game like 40k. The Rock will be named Petrus Stone, of course.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

People love criminals. I don't know how else to look at it. Movies about heists and capers get lots of eyes on them, and guys like Tarantino have basically built their careers on "criminals are so cool!"

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I want a prequel which reveals Xander Cage used to be Xandra Cage.

XX.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Can we have that as an actual movie? With Gary Oldman and David Mazouz? Because that's how it's cast in my head.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Best Batman is Bat-Mite.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Bed, Bat, and Beyond

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Dwayne Johnson only wants happy ending for his movies so no.

The last one had a happy ending. Not for him, obviously, but Karl Urban got to save the world and rescue his sister. Happy!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

Noted un-problematic works of fiction Lord of the Rings and Conan, popular for their wholesome views on king genes and also some races are just plain evil.

Hey, I'm not saying all Stygians are evil sorcerors or assassins, but I've never met one who isn't. It just makes you think, that's all.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I recall that Rob Howard, a Texan famous for writing tons of stories about brave white men fighting hordes of irredeemably evil negroes, was appalled by Lovecraft's racism.

Like, the guy who wrote Conan and Solomon Kane went "holy gently caress, dude, chill out."

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Hey, Wes got to play a Thai crime boss in Street Fighter :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I believe it was to slander them as small-dicked pedophiles.