Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Shanty posted:

The kid will be speaking Japanese anyway, right?

From the trailer I saw, all the humans are Japanese and voiced by Japanese actors.
Like, the joke is the dogs can't communicate with the kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Disney's Zombies tv musical will air Februrary 16th on Disney Channel, it has the same plot as Descendants except they are zombies instead of legacies of iconic Disney characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAQ1CftS6Vw

My god, they're all Jared Leto Jokers. :allears:

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tars Tarkas posted:

"This video contains content from Shout! Factory, LLC, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." Brie even stole the video in America!

EDIT: Here is the official trailer for America from Shout! Factory who hates trailer reuploads, I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI-QLWNlTas

I look forward to Scott Bakula doing songs of encouragement.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Timby posted:

The "acting coach" thing was in the very obviously planted hit piece in THR (or Variety, I forget which) that dropped like six hours after Lord & Miller were fired. It's never been confirmed.

Which is hilarious because Alden Ehrenreich is supposedly the one that voiced concerns to the producers about the film.
Han shot first himself in the dick.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Deadpool 2 is not dropping sexual assault and woman punching enthusiast TJ Miller

http://www.indiewire.com/2018/01/deadpool-2-tj-miller-not-recast-sexual-abuse-allegations-1201915211/

So between this and the killing of that stunt woman, it's like a Landis double feature.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Edit: holy poo poo I found the 2003 TV movie on youtube. Just watch the first minute and you'll know why it failed. Holy poo poo.

The most 2003 thing. Amazing.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Grendels Dad posted:

Star Trek seems to be the TNA of sci fi movies.

Star Wars is WWE, obviously.

It's me, Anakin! It was me all along!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I love Teen Titans Go for it's refusal to ever teach a lesson. Or more often embracing the worst possible thing they could learn from the situation. That's some good cartoonin'

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
You know, I'm still really disappointed that Silver Linings Playbook didn't lead to Chris Tucker return.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Pretty sure they cancelled Bioshock because Gore Verbinski wanted to build a functioning underwater city.

Bless him.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
There's only one good Out There from a cartoon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Smc5FHbZtG4

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Snowman_McK posted:

Valerian's weird. For most of its length, its episodic, quick paced, and pretty fun (creepiness aside)

Then, the last act stretches on for loving ever, is mostly talking, and features a character turnaround that feels improvised.

Then it ends with the creepy rapist scoring with the hot girl he's been creeping on the whole movie

It's really, really nice to look at though

Are you confusing Valerian with Passengers?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Ghostbusters is a sex comedy though.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Yeah, what a bunch of dumb bullshit.

Everyone knows Gordon has an autographed photo of Batman.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
As Above, So Below is the best Tomb Raider movie.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Snowman_McK posted:

The only reason to read World War Z is that it's, at least theoretically, more tactically realistic or better thought out than the average zombie thing. It isn't, though.

I mean, WWZ has a ghost story and a blind swordsman.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I don't know if I'd call Southland Tales good, but it's definitely worth watching.

I often think of the Rock's cartoonish worried look while he's be threatened by Jon Lovitz.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Phanatic posted:

This has always bugged me in Terminator. Okay, it makes sense for an assassination droid that's supposed to blend in and be indistinguishable from people, but in the future scenes there are a bunch of skinless ones marching around like troops even though most of the terminator is just wasted resources in that context. They don't need to be anymore more than a mobile gun.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Have John Swartzwelder write it you cowards!

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

How else will you teach kids that stealing is wrong?

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

It's honestly kind of amazing how each new trailer makes the film look worse.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm not sure what the comic bookiest comic movie is in terms of its design and everything is. Probably Dick Tracy.

The Spirit.
I mean, it's a terrible adaptation of The Spirit, but it's an honest Frank Miller comic in movie form.

Batman Vs Superman would be the other, it's very melodramatic and grandiose in a way only comic books are.

The MSJ posted:

I think his show is actually more "what if Fred Rogers is pushed to a breaking point while trying to maintain a public persona".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amNMm-2rXrU

Oh hell yeah, I didn't know this was Michel Dongry.

wyoming fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 14, 2018

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Yeah, War Zone is uneven at times, but visually it's loving gorgeous.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Power of Pecota posted:

If nobody else had mentioned The Spirit I was going to, that's pretty much the only thing it accomplished.

A few of my friends from high school went to see The Spirit and after like ten minutes bailed and snuck into a showing of Benjamin Button instead.

Benjamin Button feels so much longer ago than 2008.

ALFbrot posted:

lmao at complaining about comic movies not being true to their source material, and then also complaining that Deadpool sucked rear end

Nice.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Guy Mann posted:

The Simpsons Movie

You're thinking of Otm Shank.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

isn't this an app that just repeats what you say in a funny voice? i know my niece and cousins' kids played on their ipad with it a year or two ago

That was Talking Carl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-7mQhSZRgM

Well, it looks like Tom does that as well, I just love that video.

wyoming fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Oct 30, 2018

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Hat Thoughts posted:

i think u guys are way overestimating how many ppl appreciate shrek as a 'bad' thing as opposed 2 people entering an age-range where they feel nostalgic about something they loved as a child that feels uniquely dated/strange, easy to mimic/mock (donkeh!) & nonproblematic (*shrek voice* v *borat voice*)

Yeah, it's like Ween's Ocean Man popping up in memes and getting millions of listens because it was played at the end of the Sponge Bob movie.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tars Tarkas posted:

it sounds like soulless fantasy junk that's even worse at hiding it than some of China's other films, but it will never approach Empires of the Deep in notoriety as that one hasn't even been finished and they paid that one guy for a part who went on to try to promote his own movie Tony Tango here like 8 years ago

Tars Tarkas posted:

who went on to try to promote his own movie Tony Tango here like 8 years ago

Tars Tarkas posted:

8 years ago

Like sands through the hourglass...

Honestly just looks like they turned this into Aquaman.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I look forward to the future horrors of Sonic.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

The best part was the comedy sequence about navigating the Byzantine bureaucracy to get verified as a genetic reincarnation of someone else.

It would probably be my favourite scifi film it were just about that and the royal family

Like, I don't get why all the action is so shockingly bad.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Barudak posted:

I think what gets me is that in large part what makes the first MIB work is that it has a very humdrum attitude to the wondrous and a relatively limited amount of super science stuff they use. The first film is basically a bunch of pretty regular detective work and there are three scenes of shooting guns in the movie, none of which are more than one sided exchanges (seriously iirc J and K combined shoot 5 times). The new films seem to think the draw is drowning you in super science and action when in the first film Js entire qualification is "can successfully and nonviolently apprehend a suspect on foot"

Just look at how much the politics change as well, in the first film J mocks the border patrol while welcoming immigrants to America, cops are lazy assholes, and aliens are people just trying to get by. Then in 3, you've got like, everyone that isn't white is an evil alien hiding secrets and cops are right to profile black people.

Brother Entropy posted:

the original MIB didn't have all that much alien screentime

hell, half the magic of that film is d'onofrio as an alien trying not to look like an alien

That was such a brilliant comedic performance, it boggles the mind they haven't attempted to go for something similar, like, they got Jemaine Clement to play Lobo, but rather than actually do anything, he just growls and they filled everything else in with special effects.
It's like they assumed people only liked Edgar because he was gross looking, rather than D'onofrio's physical performance conveying that he was an alien running around in a illfitting human suit.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I had the same feeling watching the Hellboy trailer, the whole thing just felt off.

What hath MCU wrought

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Iron Crowned posted:

Is anyone really that excited about Spawn these days?

I was never a comic book guy, but Spawn seemed to be at it's peak in the 90's, because it was new, and not DC or Marvel.

It's my movie, it was made for me!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeQRO4fXOKk

Beachcomber posted:

This will always be a valid reason to hate Prometheus.

Sorry nerd, Prometheus fuckin' owns.