Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I liked monster trucks. Really solid kids movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't studios just claim whatever they want ran at a loss?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That means they're gonna pass the bechdel test and then pat themselves on the back with a lesbian sex scene.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I Love Dogs So Much I Started A Hotel; For Dogs

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is the Uncharted movie supposed to be coming out this year? Cause I just started watching TinTin and holy poo poo no one could hope to make a better Uncharted than this.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Watched with my four year old and the last thing he asked me last night and first thing he asked me this morning was if they are going to make another one

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

When it comes to adventure movies I am completely on board with things happening by coincidence. I'm more into how a character reacts to these crazy situations than why the situations happen in the first place.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm assuming that's not a white dude, which is cool

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My favorite part of the chase is Haddock accidentally blowing the dam and adding this chasing water element to the whole thing

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Merlin is a western family public domain fable Disney can actually pull off if they pretend it's an adaptation of Sword in the Stone, since people are eating up the live action adaptations

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Coincidence and logic leaps being a story flaw is up to opinion. Personally I think such things can be really fun. Some of my favorite movies are just character finding themselves in the right or wrong place at the right or wrong time over and over.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tars Tarkas posted:

Disney's Zombies tv musical will air Februrary 16th on Disney Channel, it has the same plot as Descendants except they are zombies instead of legacies of iconic Disney characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAQ1CftS6Vw

Oh I thought it was just High School Musical but zombies

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rough Lobster posted:

Have there ever been any good Joan of Arc movies? I think there's one with Mila J in it but I don't know if it's any good.

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

His last film was super fascist to the point of it being uncomfortable instead of funny anymore. He "removed negative people" from the world and have a speech about it, it was like Hitler stuff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tfw you're never getting a job in this town again

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the random white prince is a villain vying for Jasmine's hand as an imperialist play

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The article says they are extras, stand ins, and stunt people or animal handlers.

I gotta say though, rather than "browning" it's fairly reasonable in my mind that characters who live in the desert regardless of ethnicity should probably have a tan

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't they have a really easy digital color adjustment for things like that now?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

One of the DTV sequels had Robin Williams, it don't get more canon than that

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What about Wish Kid, thethe Macaulay Culkin animated series

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Solo has one thing going for it the others don't. It's got Clint Howard in it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well who is the breakout new merchandise object or character for Solo? It's not like people will say "You know, I want interested in the millennium falcon before, but NOW I gotta have one!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think it's good for episode 9 to put the Solo movie out earlier so it feels like there's been a longer wait for ep 9

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Johnson is actually pretty good in them, she's way above the material but despite hating the other romantic lead her performance doesn't come off as her not wanting to be there

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The lol Bob's fat trailer perfectly encapsulated the story of the movie, an over the hill superhero who is trying to relive his youth, at consequences to himself and his surroundings.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I have four words for Solo

#ReleaseTheSnyderCut

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Most of the people who went to that photo for the Snyder cut banner probably just wanted to meet the Wonder Woman cosplaying Instagram model, she organized it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh God the hyperdrive was designed to always break down by Lando so when he's stranded out there with ladies there an... implications

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

In case you can't read it in Mameluke's post, the label says Kessel Run Millennium Falcon

Here's some photos that are in better focus

I'm gonna make a prediction that the Falcon starts out that way but gets changed to the 'classic' configuration in a climactic action scene as a nod to the older fans. Probably with the original Williams' score blaring and some reference to an iconic Han Solo line. Quite possibly after Han has secured the [macguffin] that he spent the entire film trying to earn and he has to choose between blowing the central cargo pod and losing the precious [macguffin] or saving Chewie's life or whatever, which will also be the thing that gets him in trouble with Jabba the Hutt.
The film ends with Han going "Well that was exciting but let's lay low for a while, I know a quiet little Cantina where we should be able to avoid trouble."

"It's on the same planet as the guy I owe money and his criminal organization"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ponda Boba should appear in every story, played by a different actor. In this one he'd be Clint Howard of course.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's why Vader was really hunting Han Solo, he killed his childhood friend

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The first one was very well received critically as well

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think they get the universal praise because they play in the UK first for weeks so all initial reviews are from there and everyone in England loving loves Paddington Bear universally, while Americans are like "They made a movie out of THAT? Wow they're desperate for IP"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CaptainPrivy posted:

Why is it that Paddington is so beloved in the UK but not the US?

Most famous british children's fiction is pretty well known in the us I assume and I would think most famous us children's fiction is somewhat well known there am I wrong?

Is this like A Dog of Flander's all over again?

He's a kids book everyone's probably read at some point, but like, one of a million and doesn't have any extreme cultural cache.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Donald J Trump posted:

i will settle for a paddington movie that's also super graphic

Isn't that Ted?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't think Christopher Plummer should be turned into as punchline for sexual abuse

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Casimir Radon posted:

Video game adaptations are no longer compulsory like they once were. It feels like they kind of died out around 2009. I remember seeing a commercial for one of Avatar, and thinking it looked like the most phoned in poo poo in the world, despite being attached to the biggest movie in the world that year. Since then they seem pretty rare.

I think the Avatar game ended up doing surprisingly well for the dumbest reason, you could get 1000 Gamerscore in it almost immediately and there were a ton of idiots who cared extremely deeply about having the highest Gamerscore possible

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Have they done Saw themed escape rooms yet?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yet Craig Ferguson had Jay Leno on as his last ever guest because he felt people had poo poo on him too much and he deserved now respect. And Jay Leno was all like "thank you you're the only host that didn't mock me or tell me to quit". It was a weird kindred spirits thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jay Leno used to do sketches I loved as a kid, like one where he was a crazy floating head and one where he was a body builder in a fun house mirror. Or one where he was a Zorro type character, Jayro, whose father always lambasted him at the end of the sketch saying "Why can't you be more like Jayro? I wish I had a brave son" and then Jay would shed a single tear. Past a certain point he just completely stopped doing that type of thing for some reason.