Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Excited for the first Raw of 2018?
This poll is closed.
Hell yes, it's time to start anew! 3 10.34%
gently caress no, it'll be the same old poo poo. 13 44.83%
Wait, why are Alexa and Asuka fighting tonight? 11 37.93%
But Seth and Jason already won the titles, of course they can work together...? 2 6.90%
Total: 29 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's the first Raw of 2018, the chance for a (hopefully) fresh start, and the card is a pretty stacked one since I guess they're worried about the ratings for a New Year's Day show - Brock is there, Roman vs Joe, Cedric vs Enzo, and for some bizarre reason Asuka and Alexa Bliss are having a (non-title) singles match TONIGHT?

The Beast is back for 2018’s first Raw
Raw is starting out 2018 in a major way as Universal Champion Brock Lesnar emerges once again, live in Miami’s AmericanAirlines Arena. It was in this very building that Lesnar returned to WWE back in 2012, obliterating John Cena with an F-5 that set the dominant tone for the rest of his career to date. As The Beast prepares to defend his title against Braun Strowman and Kane at the Royal Rumble event on Sunday, Jan. 28, will another Superstar face his fury in this building on Raw?

Cedric Alexander challenges Enzo Amore for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Cedric Alexander finally gets the opportunity he worked so hard to earn when he aims to separate Enzo Amore from his “boo,” the WWE Cruiserweight Championship, on a special New Year’s edition of Raw.

Roman Reigns defends the Intercontinental Championship against Samoa Joe, with a catch
The animosity between Intercontinental Champion Roman Reigns and Samoa Joe showed no sign of simmering on Christmas Day when the two battled for the title on Raw. During the bout, Joe targeted The Big Dog’s elbow – similar to the injury sustained by Dean Ambrose – but that only prompted Reigns to unleash his rage on his nemesis. When the referee tried to pull the Intercontinental Champion away, Reigns shoved him, resulting in a disqualification. After Reigns was fined for making contact with the official, Raw General Manager Kurt Angle announced on Twitter that The Big Dog will defend the Intercontinental Championship against Samoa Joe on the first Raw of 2018. However, if Reigns is disqualified, he loses the title. Can The Big Dog control his aggression and anger toward Samoa Joe?

Asuka to battle the Raw Women’s Champion tonight on Raw
One week after Asuka declared for the first-ever Women’s Royal Rumble Match and defiantly attacked Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss, The Empress of Tomorrow will go one-on-one with The Goddess of WWE, live on a special New Year’s Day edition of Raw.

Can Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan coexist as tag team partners?
Few could have predicted that Seth Rollins & Jason Jordan would be able to work as a unit, but on Christmas night, they were celebrating with the Raw Tag Team Titles after defeating the nigh-unbeatable Sheamus & Cesaro. Was that win a fluke, or are we looking at Raw’s new fighting champions?

Who will face Hideo Itami next?
With a penchant for punishing his opponents, Itami is quickly making a name for himself in the Cruiserweight division. Whoever stands across from the ring from him on Raw will have their work cut out for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
no thanks

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I don't think they can afford him.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
why are alexa and asuka fighting

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Hi J-ru, I'm happy for Raw.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Asuka vs Alexa is interesting, as you would think they would save that until Wrestlemania, but I can see WWE hotshotting the title onto Asuka before or at the Royal Rumble, so they can make it less predictable.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why are alexa and asuka fighting

Because Alexa decided to run her mouth last week and got her head kicked in by Asuka as a result.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Asuka vs Alexa is interesting, as you would think they would save that until Wrestlemania, but I can see WWE hotshotting the title onto Asuka before or at the Royal Rumble, so they can make it less predictable.

This is non-title though (or at least they have not mentioned it is for the title), which just makes it all the weirder. Either Asuka loses which is dumb, or she beats Alexa which makes her look weak for the inevitable title defense.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Hi J-ru, I'm happy for Raw.

:hfive:

It is a stacked show and I'm hoping it'll be good.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Jerusalem posted:

I don't think they can afford him.

i dont understand what this means

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Jerusalem posted:

This is non-title though (or at least they have not mentioned it is for the title), which just makes it all the weirder.

Asuka wins tonight then wins a title match in the future.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

I feel like this show is going to be infuriating but the matches will be great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vince McMahon watching a short wrestler get cheered by the crowd:

Bill Goldberg posted:

i dont understand what this means

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon: ALEXA BLISS :swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm planning on watching a million hours of wrestling this week so yeah, lets start it with RAW.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

:hfive:

It is a stacked show and I'm hoping it'll be good.

It prrrrrrooooooobably won't be but I'm still excited.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm planning on watching a million hours of wrestling this week so yeah, lets start it with RAW.

WRESTLE KINGDOM *clap, clap, clap clap clap*

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Ringing in a new year of WWE the right way: resounding chants of you suck

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
Hot take: Alexa Bliss is better than Asuka.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm planning on watching a million hours of wrestling this week

God it's gonna be so loving great :allears:

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

also hello all my wrestle friends, lets enjoy the first wrestling of 2018 together!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kicking someone in the head unprovoked is what heels do.

You know who else were heels? The nazis.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
where is the royal rumbble routlette

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

also hello all my wrestle friends, lets enjoy the first wrestling of 2018 together!

:hai:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Bill Goldberg posted:

where is the royal rumbble routlette

Ill work on something after raw tonight maybe

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Where do you find 30 women

are there that many

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Oh hey 30 everyone

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

2017 was a loving trash year and I'm glad it's dead.

I am excited for 25 years of Raw and the Rumble because I love the Rumble just like everyone else here and I look forward to the fun that's always the teams and that goofy poo poo, you know.

and the toxxes.

More shoveltars. Shoveltars for the shovelgod, in my honest opinion.

There's 30 women wrestlers?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

:golfclap: for sheamus's mighty boosh patch

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Erebus posted:

are there that many

definitely not in my crawlspace

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Erebus posted:

are there that many

10 raw 10 smackdown 5 nxt 5 legends/returns

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

Ill work on something after raw tonight maybe

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Oh no the women going over the top rope might be bad? WWE really likes its short women and they're going to need to do a lot of tossing to get people over.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Erebus posted:

are there that many

Vince's got a political connection now, he can find those binders full of women Mitt had.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
sheamus has a loving pickle rick patch

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

2017 was a very good year for me, continuing my streak of good years since i stopped drinking :)

2018 is off to a great start too!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

2017 was a very good year for me, continuing my streak of good years since i stopped drinking :)

2018 is off to a great start too!

I'm seriously glad to hear that, hope 2018 stays great :)

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

"WHY DONT YOU SAY IT RIGHT NOW?!" :mad: hahaha

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

"YOU MADE US WRESTLE ON CHRISTMAS"

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Wasn't expecting Jason Jordan tag team champion, but I'm interested to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I mean, the BAR isn't wrong.

• Locked thread