Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Pistons could have drafted Donovan Mitchell but they did not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Athanatos posted:

Minor League Baseball field here has a small bucket in leftfield stands. If a homerun lands in there, everyone wins 5 free wings from BWW.

That aint ever happened and wont.

Not until they sign me, it won't

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Proud of "Hope Jordan" aka Eric Gordon

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Athanatos posted:

been training your whole life to hit a ball exactly 315 feet in a 2 foot area

out there grinding

I have a certain set of skills, skills not for untaking girls, but for hitting a ball into a barrel in a specific place at a specific time

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It would be fun if Cousins and Davis were both on the olympic team and they run Pelicans sets with good players around them

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Oh the yellow team vs the black team, of course, it's Purdue vs... The Spurs??.. nope... It's Iowa vs.. The Raptors??... Close

It's the Utah Jazz against the Toronto Raptors!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It's good for team spirit that the Pelicans are wearing matching tights, but I would prefer they wear blue tights rather than white. Houston is also wearing white tights. They should work it out at halftime

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
One of the nice parts of watching houston is that you get to see teams go through lots of stuff in their offenses because houston gets everything done so quickly on their end

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

chunkles posted:

it is so much better than those 3 hour long dwight free throw games

Couldn't agree more

Jameer Nelson is a very good passer

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Rick posted:

I guess it's only an issue against one potential playoff team but Houston seems so soft in the middle.

Without Nene in the game, Cousins does what he wants. I think both Houston and Golden State have just surrendered to Pelicans/Pistons etc because that rebounding and post up advantage doesn't matter as much in the playoffs.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

you guys gotta see what giannis just did

Whatd he do

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Anthony Tolliver and Reggie Bullock are expert open three makers and that is death against the Cavs

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Embiid must be the most coordinated big since Hakeem

Twisting in the air as he fell to grab and fling that rebound/loose ball was incredible

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Does Carmelo's WB logo tattoo mean, if you see the police Warna Brotha
Or is it something boring like We Basketball

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Mr. Mambold posted:

That's what I recall hearing but idk how legit

If so it's the best NBA tattoo , even better than the naked lowrider babe some guy has on his shoulder

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The internet consensus is that it means both West Baltimore and "if you see the police, Warna Brother"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Ben Simmons looks incredible in this stream

http://buffstreamz.com/watch/nba-11.php

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Saric's manic cuts and rolls are fun

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I have a lot of questions about all the empty seats in NBA arenas

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cool Buff Man posted:

Way too much hesitation at the rim by simmons

He's the opposite of embiid in that he has no confidence and no way of scoring when the paint is clogged and he's not on the move, but man the angles he sees and the windows he passes through are amaaaseeingg

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

euphronius posted:

Okc is tight
That is the best team I've seen this yeah not Houston or San Fransico

Melo finally becoming catch and shoot olympic melo has really helped them

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

Honestly, that may have been the worst game I've ever seen out of an NBA starter from Jeff Teague.

I really hate watching him
I think I hate watching him play basketball even more than I hate watching Reggie Jackson

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

CRISPYBABY posted:

NBAtv adds worry me. Theoretically this is a rich sports league but the add content is reminiscent of a 24/7 infomercial channel.

Then again maybe that's the America effect. This is gonna sound dumb, but the amount of chintzy local ads/infomercial style ORDER NOW stuff goes way up when you cross the border from Canada to the US. Normally Canadian TV has it's own ads even if it's an American station so I don't see that much but it seems like NBAtv is exempt for some reason or another.

I've done a cursory search and it seems like the majority of their revenue comes from the national and local tv deals, then tickets. Cable companies are charging you money to be able to watch the game period, and big teams skim a lot of that off. But70% of the the local ads are low rent ambulance chaser referral stuff or other kooky local things. That, combined with the empty arenas is very embarrassing to bball addicts, but the teams seem to be making money, their investments are appreciating

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Carlosologist posted:

those Griffin-Drummond plays are gonna be crazy good just because Drummond can do more than finish at the rim

I almsot misssed this game, where blake griffin shows the pistons are top nba team

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Imho this is good for the cavs, playoff seeding doesnt raelly matter for them and it will force Tristan Thompson, Channing Frye, and whatever d league guy to play center. If everyone hates k love, he'll be away from the team. And if they keep losing, then they lose their scapegoat, and they'll have to figure out other ways to win.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Carlosologist posted:

this Detroit offense is gross, when will Blake suit up for them? next game?

maybe thursday maybe saturday, need physicals for all players from both teams

You're witnessing how bad stanley johnson is on offense

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Carlosologist posted:

he can't shoot a jumper to save his life, but he hustles. that play in the first half where he couldn't get the layup to fall but kept going after it was a good indicator of effort. you think he'll ever be able to learn to shoot?

It's a hair theory thing, his hair is in the way of his natural shooting motion. He did decently from three in college and he's agile and strong enough to get some space.

If he gets braids or cuts his hair, he might be a starter, if not, he's going to remain a net blah role player.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It turns out that the Pistons are better off without Blake Griffin, Tobias Harris, AND AVery Bradley

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I ffeel very sick so I must turn off this game to watch stargate sg1 instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Close this thread dinguses