Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Those pears are super soft, sweet and juicy. They're not necessarily the best variety for cooking. Eat them straight, with cheese, maybe sautee a bit and top pancakes or something, and if you have any left that are too far gone make pear sauce.

I never understood the whole "pear with cheese" thing. Sweet with umami...it clashes too much sometimes. Probably my fault, so if you like it, go ahead.

But OP, if you have a buttload of pears, you gotta stew 'em. If this isn't too late, stew them the gently caress now!

Stewed pears keep way longer and are far more useful for cakes and stuff.

You'll need a good mass of sugar and good clean water. You can find the proportions online. Now, normally, I'd say tap water is fine for water. But who knows how far your EPA has slipped in the past year? Maybe boil it first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread