Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

The_Rob posted:

Naito is going to win. I believe it in my heart.

Tranquilo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Bryan is turning heel and will face Shame McMahon at Wrestlemania, McMahon will botch a basic move and pop Bryan's head off like a Rock Em Sock Em Robot

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

I thought Aiden English vs Xavier Woods was pretty good :unsmith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

Smackdown was a loving trash fire, even worse than usual

The ending of that show :stare:

Results added to the OP.

:psyduck:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

VJeff posted:

A tag team match where AJ Styles can lose the title by Shane McMahon getting pinned would be pretty loving WCW of them.

Have you loving seen this loving storyline for the past 6 months? Combined with Shane's character direction, him adding himself to the match in a hot headed way is.......well, it's at least consistent. So they might not do it for that reason!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

so does Shane have any influence on the booking or is this because road dogg thinks there’s a chance in a hell Shane will be in charge after vince dies

I believe all reports are that Shane is just another on-screen talent. He's paid millions a year for this.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’ll all be saved when WM is headlined by AJ vs D-Bry in a 6.5 star match

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I just want AJ Styles vs Shinsuke Nakamura at Wrestlemania. Give it to me Vince, you're already getting your "dream" coronation of Roman Reigns kicking out of a F5 and pinning Lesnar in the main event, give me this :negative:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I watched Smackdown and I am mightily concerned about the insane bullshit that I witnessed in the final 90 seconds.

W...what the hell are they doing?!?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Wazzu posted:

I believe all reports are that Shane is just another on-screen talent. He's paid millions a year for this.

I never thought there'd be a day when I hated Shane more than Stephanie, but here we are.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cool, they did a Dusty finish in the year 2018 for the tag team titles.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

VJeff posted:

A tag team match where AJ Styles can lose the title by Shane McMahon getting pinned would be pretty loving WCW of them.

I'd say russo WCW but it always amazes me how late he joined the company and how many dumb things happened before he joined.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

VJeff posted:

That's from 2000 wwf

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Trump is president, middle aged failsons who've never done anything on their own are the natural babyfaces of the modern era.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's very cool and good that the booking here is to always do the very stupidest thing. Tons of interference? How about adding more people to ringside? Wait, they're interfering too? Okay add even more people to ringside!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Smackdown could be worse:

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchFan_/status/948385907471736837

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I wonder if there's more to this:

https://twitter.com/RealKurtAngle/status/948352142162694144

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

so I guess Bryan’s going along with this because he knows he’s leaving the company when his contract expires and he doesn’t give a gently caress anymore? idk

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jackie D posted:

wrestle kingdom is going to kick rear end
It's gonna be so good. It'll be the first NJPW PPV I'm watching as it airs, and my first Wrestle Kingdom that I'm not watching 9 months after the fact!

In contrast, I'm not paying for the network even for the Royal Rumble. THE ROYAL RUMBLE!

Gonz posted:

Tranquilo

:hai:

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Honestly, when I read the dirt sheet stuff about him being "sick" and needing an IV on New Years Day, it seemed pretty obvious to me that he was hungover as gently caress or still drunk from NYE or something

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
IV's are legit hangover cures.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Nearly two years since this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRFWb4Ia3r0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPYLhVvKg6Y

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in how many hours is wrestle kingdom? id like to watch it live but im probably going to be at work

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DoctorGonzo posted:

in how many hours is wrestle kingdom?

In a little under 17 hours is when the main card starts

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I want KO and Zayn to win so they have to LayCool the title

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Professor Funk posted:

Honestly, when I read the dirt sheet stuff about him being "sick" and needing an IV on New Years Day, it seemed pretty obvious to me that he was hungover as gently caress or still drunk from NYE or something

have you had the flu that's going around? it's loving ridiculous, put me on my rear end for six days. if Enzo was hospitalized for it then this was probably legit

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
otoh it’s Enzo so I’m going with he was hungover to the point of needing a banana bag

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

maybe, but i doubt they'd have had the whole Nia bringing him soup bit if he was too drunk to work

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Hasn't the WWE title already been defended in a tag match? It was like Shawn and Diesel vs the Hart Foundation and whoever got the fall became the world champ?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

projecthalaxy posted:

Hasn't the WWE title already been defended in a tag match? It was like Shawn and Diesel vs the Hart Foundation and whoever got the fall became the world champ?

Many times, even a six man.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'm weirdly into the handicap title defense. I want Sami and Kevin to be joint champions.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Just take the belt off Jinder, they said

Smackdown will get better, they said

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

CubsWoo posted:

I knew better, was right as usual, and there's nothing to be smug about cuz y'all never learn.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

CubsWoo posted:

Speaking of, I've never understood why Shane has been getting involved in KO's matches for months to stop meddling, but never once did anything about the Jinder's title defenses that all ended with interference. The only way that makes any sense is if Shane was the heel.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

I bet anything she tripped over something while walking backwards 1 second after this clip ended.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Can’t wait for Kane to go to Smackdown and corn Team Hell Yep

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

CubsWoo posted:

*during KO vs AJ US title feud* "this should be the main storyline for the show. If this was for the world title, it'd be better"

Then mcmahons happened.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
AJ and KO or Sami could have a good match if Shane and Bryan stayed in the back. That's all it would take, as well as a good effort out of both AJ and KO cuz they don't typically have good matches together.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Blaise330 posted:

*during KO vs AJ US title feud* "this should be the main storyline for the show. If this was for the world title, it'd be better"

Then mcmahons happened.
Eh their US title matches weren't even good to begin with

I wish I could get into NJPW and WK, but I just have apathy for it, I'm sure it will be great, but I'm just not into the NJPW style.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Imagine if the AJ vs Cena matches had constant interferences, ref distractions, ref bumps, random stipulations, and rollup finishes.

Hey since Jericho will be at the royal rumble, maybe we'll see the 2 year anniversary reunion of Y2AJ. Time to dig those tshirts out of storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Imagine watching bad show SmackDown instead of watching yet another incredible Roman Reigns match on RAW.

• Locked thread