Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

While it's a real lovely thing to do on Sager Sr.'s part, I can't really feel bad for a kid not getting a bunch of money simply because he exists. Like I certainly would be pissed if I was in his situation, but it would be purely because of greed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The elbow wasn’t intentional you cry babies. Jesus Christ.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

lmao the gently caress is this? You're right though, things have to be intentional to be fouls, the refs were so right!

I never said it wasn’t a foul. Of course it’s a foul. I’m just responding to the whining about it being a dirty play. It clearly was an accident, and McGee has no history of being a dirty player like Draymond Green (as far as I’m aware). People are just looking for reasons to bitch about Golden State and it’s kind of annoying.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I mean I have the personal opinion that I dislike LeBron but I have never looked at a play of his and said “he intentionally fouled that man”, or “that was a dirty play by him”, or “he travelled” or anything along those lines when the video evidence clearly shows he didn’t.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 7, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Well I can clearly back that up with video evidence!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

News: Knicks blew a 13 point lead

Views: Of course they did

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I challenge you to find one person that's surprised by this news.

quote:

• Nov. 25, 2017: “This company does not offer refunds. I purchased two items and was told there would be a 1-2 week delay. I have been waiting six weeks now, and when I asked why it was taking so long, I was called a ‘small baller.’ At this point I believe they have decided to steal my money.”

This made me literally :lol:

RCarr fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 8, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Here's a video of what happened

https://streamable.com/elfqh

gently caress, I know exactly what that feels like. Hope he's ok.

We LaMarcus Aldridge in my house too.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jan 9, 2018

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Those are hideous. I like to imagine the look on people's faces when they ask you why you're wearing those shoes and you have to explain "They are designed after Frieza!... the guy from Dragonball Z... it's a children's anime..."

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

AggressivelyStupid posted:

are you 50 years old?

I'm 30, and I watched a ton of Dragon Ball Z when I was 12.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

You're in a thread where we debate and discuss grown men being paid millions to play a children's game

All I'm saying is it's not going to go over well when someone asks you why you're wearing ugly rear end purple shoes and you have to say because of Dragon Ball Z!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Says the thread who spent 100 pages roasting Steph Curry's shoes.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please don't age shame ITT

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

:love:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

If your shoes don’t have spinning rims in them your game is weak as gently caress

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I bought a pair of Lebron's (I think they are either the 6's or 7's but I'm not sure) 2 years ago and they are by far the best shoes I have ever worn. Super comfortable, great ankle support, and very durable. Highly recommended.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I won't let my hatred of LeBron interfere with my enjoyment of playing basketball or the health of my ankles.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Shame on all of you for not balling in the stylish yet responsibly priced Starbury's.

I've owned no less than 4 pairs of Starbury's. They are actually pretty good if you don't mind replacing them every few months when they fall apart.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Drake and LeBron are basically the same exact person in different careers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I thought Bron was That Yankees / Cowboys guy?

Of course he is

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

leftist heap posted:

Does "putting on some weight" actually like, do something for bigs? Markkanen already looks pretty big to me. How big should he be? What is the comp? Or is it just code for getting stronger. Pretty much every big in the league right now is trying to slim down in an effort to improve their longevity.

When you are super tall and skinny you get bodied around (Like Porzingis and Markkanen do). Putting on weight means literally getting heavier so you can hold your ground easier.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I feel like it's less that he's stupid and more that he might just be batshit crazy

I mean, he might be crazy, but he is without a doubt stupid.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

Trump did that last thing.

:lol: at this.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

“Drink the Pink” sure is an interesting slogan.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The Answer was always my favorite growing up.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rarely do you see a perfect tweet.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

So anytime a coach's foot is 6 inches over the sideline for a second, it's totally fine to intentionally run at him in a straight line, while pointing at him and shouting, from 40 feet away, and purposely make contact with him. Makes sense.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

Remember when you were a kid and you saw your brother or sister doing something they weren't supposed to like not eating a cookie over a plate so you go running over and immediately smack it out of their hands onto the floor and yell in their face about how they shouldn't do that

Yes and I was suspended 5 games for doing it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Big 3 still exists?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

loving lmao how loving stupid did you have to be to think Rajon Rondo could be a top 20 player 5 years ago?

I’m pretty sure most people would think this since he was really good?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

zoux posted:

Don't watch NCAA basketball then (seriously don't it's terrible)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

This is a really amazing gif and hilarious but I cant help but be a hater who believes drat near every nutmeg is accidental and this definitely was

fight me

It's obviously very lucky that it went between the defenders legs, and anyone who tries to say it wasn't should be laughed at.

That said it's still a great pass.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea, don't trade King Zing or French Frank. And definitely don't trade any first round picks. For the love of God.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

I have a poll for you all to fill out and maybe go over in five years if we're all still posting here

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc04TULr0ad3519dAktmeli_72DKZSkIsa88ct3jx6ZF_shrQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

There's nowhere to enter my name so I can brag when I'm correct.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He's such a little bitch.

Been saying it for years

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

Shaved head Chris Paul is not a good look.

It is if you want to look like a little boy.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He's going to roll his ankle 2 minutes into the game now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Is...is he actually congratulating himself???

No he's actually very humble.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/espn/status/955976255618342918

The law of movie posters means LeBron is the bad guy

First player with hair plugs to make it to 30k points. Gotta hand it to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Any great dunker (looking at you LeBron) who won’t do the dunk contest, chooses not to do it purely out of fear of failure. When your goal in life is to be known as the best basketball player of all time your ego won’t let you you enter a contest where you might lose to someone like Larry Nance Jr.

• Locked thread