Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
In the grand scheme of disappointing things one could learn about public figures, leaving your kids out of the will doesn't even register.

Also Drummond is out tonight so Boban is being unleashed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Everyone talks about Drummond's FT shooting, but I think it's equally impressive that he's tripled his assists and is facilitating in a way that almost nobody thought he was capable of

He was always quietly a very skilled passer for his size but the new offense has opened that up a lot. Now he's not a black hole taking awful postups.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Of course the GM of the Rockets would think this

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Pistons are 5-2 in the second game of back to backs, somehow beating the Rockets without three of their top six in the rotation. Also lost by like 36 last night to Philly. I know basketball is funny but I don't understand this season at all.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Away all Goats posted:

My hot take: I think Pistons are very good at defending the perimeter(I have no evidence or stats to back this up fyi) but Embiid eats Drummond's lunch and they have nobody to guard Simmons

I don't have the stats but I believe opponents were shooting a ridiculously low percentage from three against them during their hot start

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bip Roberts posted:

WTF KAT you're from New Jersey.

Doesn’t matter where you’re from if you bet money on it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Brolander posted:

(charging a tremendous amount of energy)

WHAAAAAT

AREEEEEEE

THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE

Genuine lol

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jota posted:

lol what kumbaya bitch rear end fantasy land do you live in

Clearly one without teens

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Punkin Spunkin posted:

JVG whining about rest on the Lowe Post for the umpteenth time ("what's an 'adductor'?? We never heard these terms in the old HARD days so they're clearly not a thing") makes me super ready for more old people to die off already
Michael Shannon had it right.

I used to enjoy his brand of curmudgeonliness but every time he appears on that podcast I think we should euthanize him. His take on all star weekend was especially bad.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Dwight Buycks has hit like three different career highs since the Pistons brought him up from the G-League

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
STAT was a good nickname if you ignored that it was supposed to be “Standing Tall and Talented”
Amare wanting people to call him Israel is way worse.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
“Big Nasty” for Corliss Williamson was sort of good and bad.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

dokmo posted:

Matt "The Red Rocket" Bonner was a good, organic, multilevel nickname.

Matt Dog Bon(n)er

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I thought LeBron was nicknamed Nebuchadnezzar II

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

is the new 2k hosed or something why are dudes winning MVP with garbage stat lines?

Six minute quarters?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

zoux posted:

Don't watch NCAA basketball then (seriously don't it's terrible)

The shot clock is down to 30 now and that's not really the issue with the game.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Boredumb posted:

Imagine a booth with 2 Bill Waltons :allears:

Nah he needs a straight man to bounce things off of

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Shaved head Chris Paul is not a good look.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
In this house we respect Rachel Nichols

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Can someone enlighten me on the LeBron-Kanter beef? I have no memory of how or why it’s a thing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kibner posted:

Neat, the new Mardi Gras hat has "laissez les bons temps rouler" written on the inside brim.

Tim Bomtemps is cool and all but I don't understand why you'd make a hat saying he rules

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

jason kidd is the derek fisher of coaches

Just a winner?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
gently caress the coaches for putting in Al Horford over my hairy shouldered little big man

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kennard bricked a really good game winning look but the thing that bothers me out of those is all the Ish jumpers

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

euphronius posted:

Drummond should have been an AS. That's a weak snub

He very nearly won a game by himself last night with Gobert as his matchup.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kibner posted:

He would be the first good SF the franchise has ever had. Old, broken Peja doesn't count.

Uhhhh Jamal Mashburn?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ChickenMedium posted:

Erdogan hiring ex-players to cyberbully Kanter. Truly shameful.

The Turkish super hackers who got David Clarke and Greta Van Susteren need to find some equally stupid NBA players that Enes follows.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Southwest Division is just depressing huh

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/conortripler/status/957458562061488128

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

big boi posted:

So you're saying I'm never going to see this location tag

It's "Crime Scene Investigation"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Avery was really good during the team's hot start. Then he got hurt and settled a sexual assault case and never recovered I guess.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I have no real opinions or prognostications about this trade but I was about to take a month off from the Pistons but now I kind of have to watch.

Also they're on national TV tomorrow and the lineup is gonna be Drummond and four scrubs lol

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Whoever runs Detroit Bad Boys' Twitter is really mad

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Marquis de Pyro posted:

On the bright side, in just two more years the Pistons will be done paying Josh Smith

Agh gently caress you for reminding me of this

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Those two bigs are really good and Reggie Bullock ain't bad as a starting pg. Plus washington has been pretty garbage lately

Backup wing Reggie Bullock is a pretty awful starting PG actually. Reggie Jackson is alright, however, at least when healthy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

I'd imagine Kemba walker of Ben Simmons.

So like how does this work now that there are teams? Since wall is an eastern dude he has to get replaces by an eastern dude? He just slides into his spot on whoever team he landed on?

The all star game is dumb.

It has to be an Eastern dude and he'd be on team LeBron.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Can't believe all three injured all stars are on team LeBron

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EvanTH posted:

I'm late today did the Cavs just lose to the Pistons minus the guys they just traded but before they got anyone in return?

A starting lineup of Drummond, Anthony Tolliver, Stanley Johnson, Reggie Bullock and Ish Smith. Stanley had 26 and 10.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Has anyone watched Gilbert Arenas’s sports show with Mia Khalifa? I imagine it’s a trainwreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Greg Monroe has very sad eyes and deserves a good home after years of putting up 18 and 10 for mediocre teams.

• Locked thread