Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Doltos posted:

For anyone that didn't see it the refs almost completely ignored a Manu 3 tonight:

https://streamable.com/bv8hi

I mean, they count own goals, why didn't they count this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I like the slow realization the announcers go through.

Key question is whether or not Super Cool Beas thought it was a legit rebound or not.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

To be honest, I am constantly surprised at learning what NBA players eat. I mean we are talking about some of the very best athletes in the world, performing top tier in one of the most athletically-demanding (from an overall standpoint) sports, and then you read that a beast like Dwight eats 2lbs of candy per day and has secret stashes around his house (?!?), or Rose and his skittles, or heaps and heaps of PBJ sandwiches etc.

I'd always assumed that they all min-maxxed like body builders and basically ate 5 gigantic meals of brown rice, broccoli, and chicken breast every day all season long.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

same thing happened when they elbowed kevin love in the back of the head but that was also a hilarious case of no one on the cavs really caring since friendship basketball only extends to yakubians who look like a cenobite impressionist painting of a human like kyle korver

My eyes gravitate to Kyle Korver's lips.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I still can't believe Blake Griffin did a suck-my-dick head-pull into his crotch to one of the team's trainers for the world to see. Watching the victim try to ineffectually slap Blake's beefy t-rex arm away...

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Spacebump posted:

I'm not the problem, it's every ref.

lol
Reminds me of something I heard from somewhere:

If you smell poo poo, someone nearby probably stepped in poo poo.
But if you smell poo poo everywhere you go, you're the one that stepped in poo poo.

Profound. Changed my life.

(I'm sure it's ripped from something else.)

I miss KG playing :(

He's got his own show and it's definitely something, but it just ain't the same.

E: Also, the only way to get good reffing is to get refs who aren't fans of the sport or had pro NBA aspirations. Literally someone who hates the sport, and all the players equally, reffing it. Try to argue a call? Doesn't matter, I literally hate you.

E2: spelling, grammar, structure, had a few soz

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jan 8, 2018

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Go go Sacra-mento!
Ooh ooh ooooh oooh oooh
Go go Sacra-mento!
Ooh ooh ooooh oooh oooh
Go go Sacra-mento!
You no-O, no-D Sacra-mentoooohh

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

If I were a typical 2-guard, seeing Clyde Drexler barreling toward me on one of his patented straight-line drives would be pretty frightening.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

It's hardly a surprise that sports-ified reality tv gets ratings when we've had insanely successful reality tv for like 2 decades.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

The Marksman looks like he's got a solid frame to add weight to in a way that KP doesn't.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

That sure is a shot. Was he making fun of someone's shooting stroke again?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Ratzinc posted:

gently caress you guys.
Fultz got some 💩 with him. The hesi pull-up jimbo was smooth. Probably don't understand what I just said if u don't REALLY hoop.

What is this uncrackable code? What's a jimbo? I have a mate named jimbo.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

sounds like you don't really hoop

хеси пулл-уп йимбо

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I love that in the Ryan Anderson facial, the whole crowd oohs with disbelief. The dude is still loving 6'10 or whatever and a professional NBA player.

Edit: So I'm not a twitter user and I just read through the twitter thread of that tweet dexo posted and I'm, not kidding, don't know what like 95% of those tweets even mean (edit: the replies to the tweet dexo posted, are they tweets also or subtweets or what i dont even).

Younglings communicating with memes and gifs that fade into obscurity in like 0.78 seconds and think its better than just typing words with meanings that change over generations at minimum.

Edit2: So like someone posts a gif of that tv genius wonder doctor boy shooting himself in the mouth with a gun made out of his hand after that sager/ball tweet. What does that EVEN MEAN?

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Jan 13, 2018

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Jack's Flow posted:

Also, Steady Freddy is one of the worst nicknames ever.

That award goes to "The Joker" :effort:

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

This whole M. Fultz thing is truly baffling. So the working theory is that he hurt his shoulder at some point, subconsciously altered his jump shot, and now that his shoulder is A-Okay, he's just psyching himself out?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Doltos posted:

I get a notification for every post and every post that's about to be posted but the poster thinks naaah last second and backspaces out, i get those too

I mean, it's not a competition??!

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Wally World

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

I understand ejecting both players on principal there but unless something was missing from that video that really seems like one sided aggression.

Captain Jellico was ejected because it was his second T. Earlier in the game, Afflalo and Bjelica had gotten into it and received a double T. Then with the altercation where Affalol swings and misses, and Bjelica gets him in a headlock, they both received another double T, hence the ejection.

I'm not sure it's really possible to technically argue that Bjelica shouldn't have received a T for getting a dude in a headlock, even if he was defending himself?

E: With that said, Affalo probably needs to get more than just a technical foul, right?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Rondo at the top of his game.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I think LeBron has a sixth sense for when basketball media starts to cool on him a little, and when it reaches a critical threshhold low, he busts out some insane move to redirect the talk back to him.

Didn't he nutmeg Andrew Wiggins some time last year after a similar "cold spell"?

E: A cold spell for Bron being like better than 99% of any other active player anywhere.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I chose 10 players other than LeBron James because if LBJ is in the league, he'll be an all-star and if he's not in the league, he obviously won't, so picking him seemed based on whether or not I think he'd retire within 5 years which wasn't the question.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Bobby Digital posted:

What about 90s Nebrasketball fans :colbert:

Eric Piatkowski was a childhood hero

I always traded for "The Polish Rifle" in NBA Live 01, the one with KG on the cover.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I think those of us who grew up playing NBA games on various platforms probably subconsciously understood the value of the 3. On every iteration of the game I was scammed into buying, I always subbed in great 3 point shooters and just hoisted em.

Heck, I had Latrell freaking Sprewell bombing 3s on the 04 Wolves. For some reason he was classified as a "3pt shooter" with the little bulls eye emblem.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 20, 2018

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Punkin Spunkin posted:

I don't mean to be rude but technically speaking Euros do not count as guys

- Kevin Garnett

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

The Glumslinger posted:

Boogie will eventually end up on the Spurs and we're gonna loving hate life for a decade

I can get behind a Boogie/Kawhi pairing. They're total opposites on basically any personality scale.

Kawhi drives, gets hammered, no call, no expression, runs back on D.
Boogie gets pushed going for the o-board, melts down for 20 seconds, doesn't get back on D.
Manu throws the football pass to cherry picker Boogie, who dunks with ferocity and then mean mugs all 3 refs.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Just hire Fiz, at absolute worst he'll give a rousing pre-game speech which I can't ever imagine Lue doing.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Metapod posted:

Toronto is going to the finals

Please god no. Don't sic Toronto fans on the interweb that way. Not like that.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Personally I think I should get paid for watching pro sports.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Nikola Mirotic posted:

“[Rajon Rondo] is such a good guy, such a good professional, does everything so right… he is the best teammate I ever had.”

“I’ve had some teammates or people that just showed up when something good was happening, not bad. He understood about sticking together and getting guys on the same page. I really love him for who he is. When [the Bulls] cut him [last summer], I was really disappointed because I wanted him on my team at least another year. But this is the NBA, and we’re all moving on.’’

“I learned a lot from Rajon… there’s no doubt that having him as a teammate has helped me [deal] with things, even this year.’’

https://clutchpoints.com/bulls-news-nikola-mirotic-rajon-rondo-best-teammate/

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

R.D. Mangles posted:

i wonder who niko considers his worst teammate

I'd say Bobby Portis has a puncher's chance, but it's probably Dwyane Wade.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Brolander posted:

Russia and Ukraine are the same thing ok

It's true, just ask the average person where chernobyl is, you know, the place where they dropped the nuclear bomb.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

He apologized profusely.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Oh, Lillard, why did you have to respond to Russ?

Dame posted:

"I respect Russ a lot, so it was kind of disappointing to see him say that," Lillard said prior to Wednesday's game against the Minnesota Timberwolves. "Because he's played against me, he's played against our team, he knows what I've accomplished. Not just this year, but over my career. So it was a little bit disappointing, but I know that I earned my spot this year. And that's pretty much what it is: I earned my spot."

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

While celebrating "China Heritage" Klay apparently went to Chinatown and tried on a Kimono.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I mean if anybody at all, even a Wizards stan, told me he was picking Wall over Russ, I'd give him the Russ-Face.

"Say what, bro?"

• Locked thread