Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Jota posted:

Markelle Fultz...is back...kinda almost

He still looks a bit like he's shot-putting the ball up there, very mechanical. Not as bad as before tho I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Spoeank posted:

drat good on Meka for making it almost all the way back at 35 drat years old.

That's not that old!!!

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

AggressivelyStupid posted:

are you 50 years old?

You don't have to be 50 to not know anything about anime. I'm "only" 40 and that whole thing missed me by years. It would be super weird to explain to most people 35 or older why you're wearing a cartoon character's jazzercise shoe.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

dokmo posted:

Many teams practice at most a dozen times during the season. I don't know if he meant the Cavs literally don't practice, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were other veteran teams who don't.

I assume this means they don't often get together as a team to run thru the offense/defense on the practice court, but they're all constantly working out, working on skills, maybe doing some small group work. I can't imagine they literally aren't working on their games thru out the season.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Rick posted:

I think I would like Lillard if it wasn't for All Star whining every year.

It doesn't really sound like he's even whining about it to me. He was asked a question about the all-star thing because it's been a storyline for the past few years, and he said he's mostly over it emotionally but feels like he should be on the all star team. He didn't call a press conference to bring up the issue and whine about it or anything. Most players in his position would have the same boiler plate response to the question; he acknowledged that the other players are deserving, and that it sucks that he's the one that's left out.

I mean, he shouldn't be in the all star game over those 5-6 guys in his conference that play the same position as him but better, but in a normal NBA era where there wasn't an abundance of really really good guards putting up video game numbers, he would have been an all star by now. I imagine that probably stings a bit, and he's whined about it in the past, but this years statement about it seems fairly sedate :shrug:

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Dr.Radical posted:

I’m sure some of them aren’t but this one is clearly accidental

Yeah, he certainly didn't calculate the angle to get it between Gordon's legs, that was fortunate happenstance. He whipped it as hard as he did because he knew it was a tight fit and getting tighter, but he did it on target, behind his back, no look, while running away from the pass. Oh, and he barely had the ball in his hand for more than a tenth of a second. Add in the "lucky" between the defender's legs part, and that's a masterpiece.

The B_36 fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 19, 2018

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

LMA is all-star game poison. The moment he steps in is the moment all the fun dunks and flashy passes stop and bench scrubs start hoisting up 17" jumpers

Well, jumpers from only 17 inches away ARE a pretty efficient shot, but it's the All-Star game so they should probably try to dunk it from that close instead

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

I love it when Lebron pretends he's not the de facto GM of the Cavs and has no idea what's going on :allears:

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Who's the next underutilized wing on OKC that someone can pick up on the cheap and discover they're actually a superstar in waiting? Seems to be a trend for that franchise.

I'm gonna guess it's not Andre Roberson.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

"We've got lots of Uzi's on the team, and everybody's got alot of bullets."

He's from the D'Antoni coaching tree it would appear.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

dokmo posted:

all the clippers fans say so long Blake and your long range post ups and awful shot selection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRx1WaQQRNc

I don't know, alot of those were open shots, and he hit a bunch of them. Plus at least a few of them were at the end of the clock and he had to put them up. There's probably alot of situations where he fakes his defender on the midrange shot, the defender jumps to challenge the shot because he knows Griffin shoots that shot, and he goes around him for a more efficient shot. Not every shot has to be either a dunk or a corner three.

Edit: plus, only about 13% of his shots this year have come from the 10' to <3P range this year, and it's been trending downwards as he gets older (and smarter).

The B_36 fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

dokmo posted:

I don't keep track of these things, but I'm willing to bet you're a raptors fan.

Only in the most technical sense, since I'm Canadian and I'm obliged to be.

• Locked thread