Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

While it's a real lovely thing to do on Sager Sr.'s part, I can't really feel bad for a kid not getting a bunch of money simply because he exists. Like I certainly would be pissed if I was in his situation, but it would be purely because of greed.

Did you even read Jr's tweet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

JesusSinfulHands posted:

After 40 games the Blazers are still 26th in offense and 5th in defense, which is bizarre as all hell given their personnel and past history and I can't figure out how that's happening.

I dunno, I think it makes some sense given their roster. There really isn't a lot of offense there, especially with Crabbe and Plumlee gone. Lotta defense first guys.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I was playing around with the lineup finder and stumbled upon this hilarious result:

lol. Normal Minutes.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Lillard missing a bunch of games hasn't helped either. The Blazers are also dead last in assists which is indicative of the poor offensive system that results in too many iso plays and bail out shots.

This is a weird team.

Their half court offense is painful to watch sometimes. So much action that results in absolutely nothing. And somehow they are way worse in transition.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Better Business Bureau needs to stay in its lane

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Most of those Mirotic trades make no sense for Chicago

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i'm guessing we have compared DBZ characters to NBA players already right?

i am shocked that Portland is in 5th right now, given how much they stink. Who is gonna overpay for Shabazz Napier next season

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Does "putting on some weight" actually like, do something for bigs? Markkanen already looks pretty big to me. How big should he be? What is the comp? Or is it just code for getting stronger. Pretty much every big in the league right now is trying to slim down in an effort to improve their longevity.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

EvanTH posted:

Yes. Watch any game with a rookie big v. an established big and you will see the rookie get easily moved around by the older stronger dude.

Is this because they just put on 20lbs or because they got stronger, got better footwork and got more experience defending though?

It just seems like "he needs to put some weight on" is like, Moneyball-scout esque conventional wisdom that doesn't necessarily match with what players are actually trying to do. A ton of guys are spending their offseasons losing weight right now, and the league is leaning small and high pace right now.

I'm just asking questions here.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

:yeah:

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Denver... delet this

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
A touchdown is worth 6 points how cool is THAT??

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
is it too late or too soon to relitigate Thibs minutes stuff? Poor old Taj Gibson is playing 33 mpg and is 12th in minutes played. Please be nice to Taj Thibs.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Midpoint Box Creation vs. Relative True Shooting practically sounds like a parody

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i wanna see some trades yall

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I would like to see Portland make some trades. I won't speculate on what trades they should make, because I am a huge rear end dummy who always gets that poo poo extremely extremely wrong, but they are extremely unfun to watch right now and going nowhere fast.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
If the players want better relationships with refs they should stop treating them so badly, IDK just a thought. Maybe pleading and screaming after every call isn't great for a work environment.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Reffing is hard and yeah there are trash refs, but other sports don't let players away with nearly as much jawing and pleading with the refs after calls. I'm really not trying to be all "entitle athletes :argh:" but like, i don't think getting poo poo on in real time all the time makes for a great work environment. But I also don't want it to be like baseball where the old useless rear end umpire throws a guy out for giving him the stink eye. There should be a happier medium.

They should also do away with the dumb final 2 minute reports. They don't really do anything other than make people unhappy and cause grief.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lol on the other hand

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Please post your ideas for a NBRA/NBPA corporate retreat team building activity ITT.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
wait until DJ is outside and then MGSV fulton him to houston

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol I didn't realize you could just straight up slap, elbow and headbutt people in sumo.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Kibner posted:

Technically, you aren't supposed to elbow. Not sure about when/how you can headbutt. But slapping is legal and basically encouraged. lol

It's an open-hand combat sport (no "hard" strikes), basically.

the dude at 6:30 or so gets knocked the gently caress out from an elbow. most of the headbutting seems incidental I guess.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

i love this

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Speaking of Lillard, apparently he has given up on veganism. Turns out it's hard to keep weight on during the season without meat. Go figure.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Enes Kanter is actually hilarious. His interview today was pretty good:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22170336/enes-kanter-trolls-lebron-james-gets-warning-former-teammate

quote:

"He got mad at me, obviously," Kanter said, referring to remarks he made about James in the past. "I mess with him a lot, but obviously he's the best player in the league. I respect the guy a lot. But I think right now they are struggling or whatever. I don't even think he's even thinking about what I tweet. I think he's worried about his team. I don't even think he's thinking about what I'm going to tweet or not. Because I think they are struggling right now and the only thing he's thinking about ... just getting his team [on track]."

Kanter reaffirmed that he enjoys using Twitter and obviously liked the fact that his former team dropped 148 points on James and the Cavs, but he says once he hits the floor he doesn't worry about what he might have said on social media.

"On the court you got to be serious," Kanter said. "Whenever we step on the court, I forget about everything. That or this or all the outside talking ... but outside the court we got to have fun. This is all about having fun. Just putting a smile on people's face. I think I'm doing it."

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

The B_36 posted:

Who's the next underutilized wing on OKC that someone can pick up on the cheap and discover they're actually a superstar in waiting? Seems to be a trend for that franchise.

I'm gonna guess it's not Andre Roberson.

this is a weird way to portray how Dipo ended up on the Pacers, and he's also making $21 million a year so it's not exactly "on the cheap"

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

EvanTH posted:

you guys no freakin clue how close I am to thinking Porzingis is gonna be more Bargnani than Nowitzki, and the MSG broadcast team wasn't doing him any service indulging that "guys keep hitting me on the elbow when I shoot" thing if the refs aren't ever calling a foul you have to score some other way

i picked him as "most overrated" in Zogo's poll this offseason, which i have waffled between being ashamed of and thinking it wasn't such a bad pick

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol they need to take my advice and have a Refs/Players corporate team building retreat with trust falls and poo poo

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

what the gently caress? did he just blow out the tendon on the way up?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
could Lou work in OKC with Roberson out? They desperately need some help at guard now.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

EvanTH posted:

people examined this very closely and found she mouths the words "wet willy" to her friend afterwards (not shown in this gif) and it was way less sexual than it reads

maybe she's extremely confused about wet willies

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Heat have a shot at the 3rd seed now lmao

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
The Heat have 8 guys scoring 10+ points a game. Does any team beat that or even come close?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i know +/- is bullshit but lol at putting up a 60 point triple double for a +/- of +7

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

chunkles posted:

He played almost every minute so it's basically just the point differential of the game. Actually it's exactly the same

lol I did even notice the minutes played.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
3 people said Avery Bradley was the most underrated guy in the NBA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's like the Goosebumps book where the girl wished to be the best basketball player on her team but it just resulted in everyone else being terrible instead of her being good.

Mark R.L. Fultz

spooky

• Locked thread