Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lockback posted:

Real talk, Lonzo's scoring is poo poo but he plays really good D, the Lakers are WAY better with him in the lineup, and the only rookies who have produced like he's produced in their rookie year have been Lebron and Magic. Those guys scored a lot better, but Lonzo's production is still really something. He looks like a perfectly fine pick.

Basically, Lonzo is Rubio. If they can get Lonzo to score better over the next couple years (at the rim more than from 3, honestly) they probably have a all-star level guy. That's a perfectly reasonable risk when drafting a 19 year old PG.

Zogo is Lonzo still the worst rookie shooter in 40 years or whatever (my guess: yes, he still is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Those are NOT net points

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

EvanTH posted:

I really think the Cavs should try to get Vucevic

They don’t have anything to offer s team like Orlando, right? Nobody young enough and their picks are bad. Could they lop some cap off with trade exceptions or something?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I couldn’t even figure out what happened at first and my stream was very good. Insane

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How did Fultz forget how to shoot since leaving Washington?

Like nobody gets that worse after being good

Partially injury, partially the yips. But also he wasn’t a great shooter in college, I think his 3p% was a fluke. He was terrible at the line

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

He just signed a pretty big deal, they'd have to get a third team involved probably. What a weird signing by Sacramento

Thompson works straight up for salary purposes so I don’t think that’s an issue.

Away all Goats posted:

Cleveland would be better off trying to get Kemba imo. They don't need another washed aging PG.

But that shouldn't happen either cause the Spurs should try to get Kemba.

Hill is not really a PG in the classic sense and would work way better next to Isaiah than Kemba would.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

Why would Sacramento want Tristan Thompson. I'm pretty sure there would be a third team involved

I just mean his salary isn’t an issue. I assume Sac requires picks in any deal. No one wants Thompson himself at this point

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Fast Luck posted:

I forgot about him because he's in Europe. He definitely seems so NBA ready that being a top 20 player in 5 years is realistic, if he's good enough. He's probably a better option than Trae Young to round out my 20.

Yeah, I feel like there's almost 10 guys that are slam dunk choices which limits the exercise a bit.

Rose and especially Howard must have seemed the same 5 years ago. Howard was on one of the most dominant defensive runs of all time and only what, 27?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Drunk Canuck posted:

Holy poo poo Giannis is freed

Freed from what? Wasn’t it Kidd’s idea to play him at the point? It’s the way he uses the rest of the team that’s not working

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Hill was extremely good with Utah and Indiana and if they can get him for two scraps like that it’s a coup

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Codependent Poster posted:

LeBron's team gonna murder Steph's.

I mean it's the all star game so who knows, but Lebron's team has by far the two worst guys playing (Porzingis and Wall). At least all of Steph's guys deserve to be there.

euphronius posted:

Derozan is guarding lebron

No one is guarding anyone, except maybe Draymond and Giannis, who are both on Steph's team....

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

IT being a locker room cancer is this year’s biggest plot twist easily

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

That cut doesn’t look like an eyeline match to me but I appreciate the editing creating some drama

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

G-Hawk posted:

the Rockets played 7 players most the game, with Chris Paul, Ariza, and ingame Eric Gordon out. so harden played 46 minutes and put up a 60 point triple double. it owns.

I am pleased it took a performance unequalled in half a century to defeat the mighty Orlando Magic, who as you may remember are still the best team in the east and shooting 50% from three with their fully healthy team widely considered a title contender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Casual Rasual is chillin with the angels now :(

dokmo posted:

But this is nearly always the case in extreme performances. Over the last three seasons there have been 32 fifty point games, only 7 of them have been against opponents with winning records (and 3 of those games were losses).

edit I think these numbers aren't quite right, but I deleted the spreadsheet and my point stands anyway.

Oh for sure, I was actually making the opposite joke, that I’m definitely NOT embarrassed that my favorite team got pasted and that they are for sure not a melted turd of a team

This thread has pretty good book taste, even some of the joke entries are good!

• Locked thread