Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«14 »
w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

he1ixx posted:

Well according to SteamSpy there were 1900 peak concurrent users yesterday so it’s getting play. That’s good.

Given each round only has 10 people, I've been thinking lately that this game will work even if it's only a small community.

I think it has a lot of potential, and I still see some pretty major people of interest jumping on it from time to time so I can see it drawing more of a crowd as it gets more polished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

Bad at video games.

w00tmonger posted:

Given each round only has 10 people, I've been thinking lately that this game will work even if it's only a small community.

I think it has a lot of potential, and I still see some pretty major people of interest jumping on it from time to time so I can see it drawing more of a crowd as it gets more polished

Is it 10 people or 10 teams? I thought I heard of people getting 16 kills during a round which would only work if it was 10 teams but that may have changed as the source was pretty old and a lot has happened since then.

Do people prefer playing at night or during the day? I did a day mission and it seemed tense but a nighttime mission would be really creepy.

Regrettable
Jan 4, 2010

he1ixx posted:

Is it 10 people or 10 teams? I thought I heard of people getting 16 kills during a round which would only work if it was 10 teams but that may have changed as the source was pretty old and a lot has happened since then.

Do people prefer playing at night or during the day? I did a day mission and it seemed tense but a nighttime mission would be really creepy.

It's always been 5 teams and any solo player counts as a team. You can have 5-10 players per game depending on how many solos there are.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Regrettable posted:

It's always been 5 teams and any solo player counts as a team. You can have 5-10 players per game depending on how many solos there are.

And this is never revealed, so there's this sick metagame of figuring out how many people are still around to murder you as the game goes on, which is fantastic.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

Bad at video games.

w00tmonger posted:

And this is never revealed, so there's this sick metagame of figuring out how many people are still around to murder you as the game goes on, which is fantastic.

Yeah but knowing that it's not 19 helps my nerves a little...

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

I just got the game yesterday and got my first duo kill in a solo game. I got three clues really fast, ran for the lair so I could at least discover it although I had no plans of trying to solo the butcher with the M1873C and Caldwell. I noticed a hunter running around so I waited. Turns out his friend had started fighting the butcher. I got the first hunter right after he noticed me hiding in a bush. Then his friend ran up the stairs directly underneath me already injured by the butcher. I took him out with a single shot, discovered the butcher lair, and ran like hell because I didn't feel like risking half of the experience I just got. That's a satisfying feeling, ganking a duo by myself.

Pathos
Sep 8, 2000

I just wanted to bump this thread to let people know that Iíve recently come back to this game and itís gotten a lot better. The FPS is still pretty low but the game is awesome and feels way more balanced. Been having a lot of fun with it and, Jesus, itís so much more tense than PUBG/etc. I honestly canít think of another game with the level of tension this sort of naturally generates. I really really hope this game eventually becomes popular - it deserves it.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

Pathos posted:

I just wanted to bump this thread to let people know that I’ve recently come back to this game and it’s gotten a lot better. The FPS is still pretty low but the game is awesome and feels way more balanced. Been having a lot of fun with it and, Jesus, it’s so much more tense than PUBG/etc. I honestly can’t think of another game with the level of tension this sort of naturally generates. I really really hope this game eventually becomes popular - it deserves it.

Agree with how much more tense it is 100%

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Did I say a lot?
I meant TONS of anime titties!!

!

I love how incredibly lovely the scopes.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Also sexism, religious bias, jingoism, and so on. Don't do it, people!

Dogs, don't do it either, even if the police man really tries to train you to do it.

Yeah, frame rate is decent with settings turned down on a GTX970. Getting a stable 60-75.Considering how much better it looks than a lot of currently popular games even with settings on low Iím fine with that. I might try turning some stuff up a little bit now that I turned off anti-aliasing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!

I have an 6700k and gtx1070, 1440p I get around 45FPS day/55FPS night. Motion blur and bloom turned off because I always turn off gimmicky effects. Down at 1080p I get 75/85FPS and it's much more playable and I don't notice the resolution decrease at all.

«14 »