Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.
new update looks good and time to dive back in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://clips.twitch.tv/ResoluteIntelligentTroll4Head

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:siren: I dont think this was ever in the patch notes but they made it so the aperture sight winfield is only slightly blurry in your peripheral vision and is actually useful :siren:

https://streamable.com/ku3qj

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Pro tip, fellas: if you are creeping around above a team that just downed the boss, don’t talk out loud about your plans to “scare them and get them at the other exit”. Idiots.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Cool, you can loot player weapons next patch, guess I am only ever bringing a Winfield from now on.

Orv
May 4, 2011
People have been clamoring for that since the closed tests and I've never felt like it's a good fit for this game, but I guess if they're willing to sacrifice the golden bull that is the Avtomat at some point then it might be fun to be able to outplay people with nice poo poo. Otherwise it'll just be Avtomats collecting Avtomats until kingdom come.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
I have this sickening feeling that every avtomat bought by anyone in the whole community will end up in rotation from player to player until the end of time

Orv
May 4, 2011
I mean, that's kind of why Tarkov is cool. If you kill some terminator in full armor and dual wielding rifles you get some gear to it that has some story, even if you don't know anything but the very last part of it. Without the mods and other stuff that makes Tarkov guns unique though, all that's really going to happen is that whoever wins the most firefights will take the two best guns on the map and leave with them. Sure stuff will cycle back into the world but gear fear is going to creep in at some level. Maybe we'll see less Avtomats once people can be killed by stuff they lost, but that's probably a vain hope since the people rocking them regularly are probably thousands of dollars deep.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I don't really have an opinion on weapon pickups :shrug:

two separate reddit posts brought up some interesting ideas

1) Make it so you can only buy Tier 1 hunters and as they level up then they slowly become Tier 2 and 3 in terms of clothing (I really really like this idea)

2) Put a hard cap on how much money you can have (IIRC the OP said $5K or $10K for instance). (not sure if I'm totally on board with this idea but the economy definitely needs fixed.)

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Basticle posted:

1) Make it so you can only buy Tier 1 hunters and as they level up then they slowly become Tier 2 and 3 in terms of clothing (I really really like this idea)

I've wanted this for a while because, among other things, it's dumb that you only get 100XP for killing a T1 Hunter with a bunch of top-tier perks and firearms.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback
I don't have any opinion on the grab-a-weapon change, because I'm confident enough that I never have money problems and always go in with the weapons I want. It does nothing for me.

I do wonder though, when you pick up a gun, do you pick up the ammunition the player had? If so, congrats on winning a fight against an Avto only to get an empty gun.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
My opinion is that picking up weapons will be very detrimental to the game but hey.

It probably means now the longer a fight goes on, the more unstoppable the winning group will become. And yeah avtos will be way more prevalent as they just rotate through everyone's hands.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Next up we get weapon durability...

And a gunsmith to refurbish stolen items for money.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

3.0 is live on the Test Server now

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791460974859/announcements/detail/1692683865339675904

big overhaul of melee

Basticle fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 23, 2018

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
First look at the new map: https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/10/23/hunt-showdown-a-your-first-look-at-the-new-daytime-map-lawson-delta

Looks great!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Looks good but I'm disappointed it'd day-time only.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hopefully they add TOD to it later on.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Trying to play this on hotel WiFi was not my best idea.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I was wondering what today's patch did

Orv
May 4, 2011
Somehow less upsetting.

E: Oh poo poo what's the spider get?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Orv posted:

Somehow less upsetting.

E: Oh poo poo what's the spider get?

no change that I could see

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Fired the game up for the first time in a month or so. Played two games. First one, one-shot (with my partner) by an Autovat by a guy we legit had the drop on.

Second game headshot/one-shot by a guy with a Dolch who had no way to know where I was. I don't think he was cheating, just lucky but like..

I guess that's the game now.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I've no joke not run into anyone with an avtomat in like 2 weeks :shrug:

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Basticle posted:

Only two games I played last night had at least two people in each game with it :shrug:

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Basticle posted:

I played not too long ago and ran into avtomats in 3 out of 5 matches I was playing. I lost those three matches. There's a seriously common thread with you just denying the ugly rear end meta in this game or going whelp. Which is rich since you jumped on my rear end earlier in the thread for being negative and blowing the avtomat thing out of proportion.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Glenn Quebec posted:

I played not too long ago and ran into avtomats in 3 out of 5 matches I was playing. I lost those three matches. There's a seriously common thread with you just denying the ugly rear end meta in this game or going whelp.

I've stated many times that I think the avtomat should be removed from the game entirely but I've also stated many times that its incredibly rare I ever even come across someone using it.

quote:

Which is rich since you jumped on my rear end earlier in the thread for being negative and blowing the avtomat thing out of proportion.

I think you're confusing me with someone else.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 26, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Basticle posted:

I've yet to see it since the patch dropped, so all signs point to no.

*edit* :lol: https://streamable.com/38irf

like I play literally 2-4 hours a day and this video from the 11th is the last time I or my partner was involved in a firefight with an avtomat

I'm not trying to claim everyone else is having this experience but this has been mine :shrug:

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Must be nice to not live in an avtomat hell infested world.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Yeah... I'm with Basticle on this one. I havent seen an avtomat in literally weeks (last time was when my partner said fuckit and pulled his out for shits and giggles)
I'm not denying the weapon itself is overpowered, but I played 2 dozen rounds yesterday and didn't see or even hear one as far as I could tell.
No idea how you're magically encountering them every game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Honestly, I've rarely encountered Avtomats too, but it's not much fun when I do.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

I wonder if its region based. Like here in big dick america I run into them all the time. Are you people in europe?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Canada.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Big Dick America here

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Rysithusiku posted:

Big Dick America here

But big dick west coast or tiny dick east coast?

Orv
May 4, 2011
I think you'll find that the biggest dick is no coast.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Orv posted:

I think you'll find that the biggest dick is no coast.

Midwest Monster Dicks represent

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeyvvUOpQ58

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm on east coast servers also

MattLochNessMonster
Jul 1, 2009
I flip between the two if I don't find a partner in a few minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

man I dont think I've ever killed anyone with the spectre on the first shot, usually I have to hit them several times but my parter recorded this just now https://streamable.com/uedqg (about 1 minute into the game too)