Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Basticle posted:

its just you. i get killed by every kind of gun in the game right now. Lawson has made rifles king also.

Feels like shotgun is king in quick play and rifle is God in regular, but it's probably just a coincidence.

Getting back into this, quick play is actually surprisingly fun. Also helps that somehow I ended up with eight grand in my bank, not sure if they retroactively changed something but goddamn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

Feels like shotgun is king in quick play and rifle is God in regular, but it's probably just a coincidence.

Getting back into this, quick play is actually surprisingly fun. Also helps that somehow I ended up with eight grand in my bank, not sure if they retroactively changed something but goddamn

sorry I didnt see you specified quickplay

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

The Spider running around in Christmas socks is extremely unsettling

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I've put hundreds of hours into this game but did not realize there was a setting that, by default, turns off VOIP when both you and your partner is dead. My buddy told me he had flipped that setting.

Boy was that a huge mistake. Who knew that literally everyone in the game calls you a human being and talks trash after they kill you, and best of all you hear everything on the loading screen until you're back on the main menu.

Kwosge
Dec 6, 2005

Lincoln-fish, the most powerful of all the Lincoln based animals.

Basticle posted:

I've put hundreds of hours into this game but did not realize there was a setting that, by default, turns off VOIP when both you and your partner is dead. My buddy told me he had flipped that setting.

Boy was that a huge mistake. Who knew that literally everyone in the game calls you a human being and talks trash after they kill you, and best of all you hear everything on the loading screen until you're back on the main menu.

Game communities are toxic to themselves. News at 11.

Fake edit: I had some guy running arround calling me the N word because myself and another goon killed him.

He wasn't solo...
His buddy revived him...
They did not have the combined skill to sustain their own lives while also running arround screaming in voice chat...
I marked it off as someone who was very into roleplaying...

Kwosge fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 26, 2018

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

If I post before 5pm PST, PM my boss and tell him I'm fired.

Basticle posted:

The guy I play with usually says "Good fight guys!" :shobon:

But he'll be cursing up a storm when he gets killed, baffled at why his shots weren't connecting or some other external factor.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
my partner and I both made it a point to congratulate one guy on his enormous balls for trying to fight both of us with a derringer. it was glorious.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/jxpny

Kwosge
Dec 6, 2005

Holy loving got that was glorious. Every aspect of it. Every. God. drat. Word.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Last night had in-game fireworks every hour on the hour. My buddy and I kept trying to get in a game at the right time to see it and every loving time it'd send us back to the main menu and we'd miss it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HuntShowdown/comments/abc4xg/happy_new_year_everyone/

(for those wondering the bug seems to only happen when you select random contract and it picks a specific boss/time of day combo on lawson)

unrelated: https://streamable.com/aefv1

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jan 2, 2019

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Holy poo poo lmao

I will never buy this game but the clips are gold

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

ran as a gimmick build of romero handcannon / machette

sadly my partner got an error and didnt join the game so I was solo. Said gently caress it and ran towards the shooting

https://streamable.com/26vgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBlhrTpi69E

*edit*

https://streamable.com/44vba

Basticle fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 5, 2019

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

man, the population in this game is gone so low it's subterranean. all week I've been playing (vaca!) and maybe 15% of the games have been half full. I'd guess 5% full. dozens of games either empty or with 1 or 2 solos. and this is playing during day/afternoon/evening on West.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Free to play when

Kwosge
Dec 6, 2005

I have been playing The Division in prep for Division 2 in a month.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

Well, it's still early access and all, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut...I don't imagine the sales numbers exploding when the official release hits unless they do a poo poo ton of marketing.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.huntshowdown.com/news/what-we-re-doing-about-performance-in-hunt

Varkas posted:

Well, it's still early access and all, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut...I don't imagine the sales numbers exploding when the official release hits unless they do a poo poo ton of marketing.

Have they done any marketing?

My 2 main problems with the game now is it seems like nearly everyone I play against is like a 30 prestige twitch streamer, and that almost everyone only takes free tier 1 hunters now which has only further illustrated the brokeness of XP. XP for killing hunters needs to be based on a combination of that persons bloodline and hunter level, not tier. Manage to outwit aforementioned twitch streamer? 100xp because they don't bother taking tier 3s anymore.

AbsoluteLlama
Aug 15, 2009

By the power vested in me by random musings in tmt... I proclaim you guilty of crustophilia!

Rysithusiku posted:

man, the population in this game is gone so low it's subterranean. all week I've been playing (vaca!) and maybe 15% of the games have been half full. I'd guess 5% full. dozens of games either empty or with 1 or 2 solos. and this is playing during day/afternoon/evening on West.

I largely stopped playing for IRL reasons but when I do play games I haven't been playing Hunt largely because of abysmal performance issues. From minor patch to minor patch it either runs ok or is just loving awful. I don't have a lovely workstation either, and a year ago it ran great and looked at least twice as good. I could run on mostly all high settings with good FPS and no stuttering. After 4.0 they made high settings look like absolute poo poo and also managed to drop the FPS even on low settings.

Oh and I started playing Kenshi too.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

about loving time. if they can just get it back to pre-4.0 levels I'd be happy. no more stuttering around, 30 frames, broken textures everywhere

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

New medium-ammo revolver coming soon

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Basticle posted:

Single action hell yeah

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Basticle posted:

I've wondered for a while ytf the Caldwell isnt medium. if you want a single action compact you have the chain pistol or the nagant. double action you have the nagant officers. the Caldwell just hasn't really had a place.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Rysithusiku posted:

I've wondered for a while ytf the Caldwell isnt medium. if you want a single action compact you have the chain pistol or the nagant. double action you have the nagant officers. the Caldwell just hasn't really had a place.

I assume you mean the Uppercut? (sorry, its a pet peeve of mine with my friends when we play and they say "i have a caldwell" and I'm like "theres 3 caldwell revolvers and 2 caldwell shotguns in this game, which loving one are you talking about")

in other news https://www.huntshowdown.com/news/the-state-of-hit-registration-in-hunt

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Basticle posted:

I assume you mean the Uppercut? (sorry, its a pet peeve of mine with my friends when we play and they say "i have a caldwell" and I'm like "theres 3 caldwell revolvers and 2 caldwell shotguns in this game, which loving one are you talking about")

The conversion. The uppercut makes sense as long ammo. The compact conversion is just kinda crap though. I'd rather have a nagant or officer any day.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.huntshowdown.com/news/t...5SFGvAxr-ImR0wk

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:siren: 5.0 is up on the test server :siren:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/770720/announcements/detail/1755745676200569156

Theres a fuckton of changes but heres some highlights:

• New enemy that sets fire to an entire area when he takes damage (and he can open doors !)
  • Quickplay will put you on either map
  • New semi-auto pistol that uses compact ammo
  • Shotguns all have tighter spread and longer range
  • Larger difference in spread and damage between shotgun barrel lengths
  • Obrez Mace variant
  • Pax Claw variant
  • Spider moves slower but won't stay in one place as long
  • Spectre fire rate increase (thank christ)
  • the healing bug is tentatively fixed
  • electric light will blind other hunters (LOL)
  • Golden (late afternoon) and foggy daytime added to Lawson
  • neutral daytime (what was on Lawson) added to Bayou

I havent played this in about 6 weeks but my friends played yesterday and said the game ran much better with like a 20% increase in framerate from the christmas update. They also said the game was pretty much dead. I hope once this update goes live they do another free weekend and get some new meat.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 22, 2019

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
I played duos last night and got into three matches very quickly so I wouldn't call it dead.

Varkas
Apr 16, 2003

The game also has a 30% sale right now, so $20.99 total.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

caedwalla posted:

I played duos last night and got into three matches very quickly so I wouldn't call it dead.

I think they played in the afternoon but thats good to hear

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

US West is kinda a graveyard prior to early evening. but continues getting consistent matches well past midnight.

Also, holy fuckin lol shotguns are broken as gently caress on Test. they tried to fix them in 100% the wrong way. no one wanted them to be more accurate and longer range. they just wanted them to be more consistent. everyone on Test was just running around shotgunning eachother at 20+m.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfXet00vrKU

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I wish I could just explore the map sometimes. I feel too paranoid to poke around the nooks and crannies without reason in actual gameplay

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Quicksilver6 posted:

I wish I could just explore the map sometimes. I feel too paranoid to poke around the nooks and crannies without reason in actual gameplay

murder everyone, explore the map at will

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Played for the first time in a month last night. The Pax owns.

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
My buddy and I got this but he's constantly getting some error 0x7113 bug and has only been able to play once. Pretty frustrating.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Bogarts posted:

My buddy and I got this but he's constantly getting some error 0x7113 bug and has only been able to play once. Pretty frustrating.

who the hell are you

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Bogart posted:

who the hell are you

I dunno man, look at them reg dates

Bogarts
Mar 1, 2009
So we meet at last.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Dynamite sticks at dawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU