Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/bokamotoESPN/status/950518711294636032

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Should be fairly lit

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
#BlessedMMA smokes Edgar imo.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Memento posted:

#BlessedMMA smokes Edgar imo.

frankies speed with his shot makes things interesting for at least 1 round, seeing if he can get max down or not. i dont like the striking match up for frankie at all. tall = bad

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Frankie's been defying the age gods of MMA for a while, and Max is like 12.
Max probably wins because he's a loving monster. It's really hard to owe his streak to any one thing. He's got a loving great chin and is calm under fire, he can kickbox, he can wrestle offensively and defensively, he can switch plans on the fly.
Then again, Frankie is Frankie.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Hell yes

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Bundt Cake posted:

frankies speed with his shot makes things interesting for at least 1 round, seeing if he can get max down or not. i dont like the striking match up for frankie at all. tall = bad

Frankie got rocked pretty bad by Charles Oliveira, of all people, so I’m pretty sure Max is going to hit him a bunch.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Frankie fights don't start until his nose is broken

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Frankie got rocked pretty bad by Charles Oliveira, of all people, so I’m pretty sure Max is going to hit him a bunch.

Max got wrestled by an Irishman and outstruck by Leonard Garcia. Everyone's got some embarassing poo poo in their CV

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
It's a legitimately compelling challenge for max. His knock outs usually come after wearing out his opponent rather than one hit ko's. Frankie does not wear out.

I expect Max to win, but if Frankie shows up in the best form of his life I'll allow that a loss is at least possible for a guy who got wrestled by Conor (a million years ago)

I'm keen.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Oliveira is pretty good and enormous at featherweight?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Full agree

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

I love how most of you have one really good fighter you inexplicably hate and constantly shitpost about

Actually Fedor is not really good

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Memento posted:

we're so bad at wrestling

I was in high school when we won the 2000 olympics, and the government started throwing money at a bunch of sports that we traditionally weren't competitive in, as if ~5 years would have been enough time to be anywhere near countries that had been doing it forever. My school got funds for handball and wrestling. We hired a high school wrestling coach from America, and I did it for a couple of years but no one ever thought we'd get anything out of it. The teacher was like "you can't just take athletic 14-16 year olds and expect them to be able to wrestle with people of the same age who have been doing it since they were 6". It was fun, and I made the State championships (lost in the second round) but we were kidding ourselves. Literally any high school wrestler from the US who had been doing it their entire school life would have breezed through every single person in my division. I weighed 81kg at the time so I competed in the 85kg bracket, instead of not eating or drinking for half a day and going to the 80kg bracket.

I think the only thing Australia got out of that program was the tkd gold medal won by Lauren Burns - she had been doing it since she was a kid, and the funding allowed her to take a year off everything leading up to the games to focus on her training.

I am insanely jealous you got wrestling out of the Sydney Olympics. I'm gathering it was a public school thing since I never heard a whisper of it

It's a pity the traditional wrestling practised at all levels of Western European society (not only did peasants do it for fun but surviving manuals for knights and the like indicate wrestling was extremely important for the martial types) died over the course of modernity.

Also Edgar is going to lose and the threat present on his face in every fight will finally carry through and he will cry

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Marching Powder posted:

Oliveira is pretty good and enormous at featherweight?

Oliveira actually is a pretty good striker, it’s just a good illustration of how hittable Frankie is, especially against a tall long opponent.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Max is going to murder Frankie with a straight punch.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
max doesn't really murder people with one punch and Frankie doesn't really get murdered with one punch. i think Frankie is gonna be able to see max coming, duck under, grab one of those long rear end legs and hoist. It's what happens next that'll be interesting

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Mark Hunt letting his real feelings be known in the comments for Joe Rogan's instagram

mewse
May 2, 2006

Memento posted:

Mark Hunt letting his real feelings be known in the comments for Joe Rogan's instagram

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Frankie Edgar will be Max Holloways toughest challenge yet, assuming the fight takes place eight years ago in the imagination of a dead man. If they have to fight each other in 2018 I assume Frankie will lose extremely badly.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Frankie was good when he beat BJ Penn back at UFC 2 or whenever but since then pretty much all he’s done is lose and cry

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Yeah I think Frankie's hosed in this one

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Frankie Edgar will be Max Holloways toughest challenge yet, assuming the fight takes place eight years ago in the imagination of a dead man.

loving l o l

I do think Frankie Edgar looked good in the Yair Rodriguez fight but yeah, as much as I'd love to see it there's no way a 36 year old is gonna beat a guy 10 years younger who is clearly entering his prime. This fight is necessary though for Holloway, same way how Jon Jones vs Rampage was a guaranteed beating but you kinda needed to see Jon beat up an older guy to finally usher in the new era.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Frankie Edgar.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

eyy, frankie edgar? fuckin fuggedaboudit, he can beat anyone!

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

I cannot wait. Max is the gangly, tanned avatar of relentless ferocity, and Frankie is the nebulous concept of “heart” enfleshed as a midget extra from The Sopranos. Max wins this, but it could be so, so good until he does.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

Bubba Smith posted:

loving l o l

I do think Frankie Edgar looked good in the Yair Rodriguez fight but yeah, as much as I'd love to see it there's no way a 36 year old is gonna beat a guy 10 years younger who is clearly entering his prime. This fight is necessary though for Holloway, same way how Jon Jones vs Rampage was a guaranteed beating but you kinda needed to see Jon beat up an older guy to finally usher in the new era.

Edgar getting a win over Yair wasn't impressive, hell he couldn't beat Frankle Edgar

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
On his best day, Frankie Edgar couldn't beat Frankie Edgar.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I think frankie was always bad, and i think hes slowed a bit, and i think he stands a good chance against max

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Do you mind if I copy this gif and save it on my computer for future use? Basically I think it will come in handy with the amount of sh*t talk from trolls that we get itt.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

vaginal facsimile posted:

Do you mind if I copy this gif and save it on my computer for future use? Basically I think it will come in handy with the amount of sh*t talk from trolls that we get itt.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I’m not sure man, I spent literally minutes of my own time looking for “joe rogan confused” on google images

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Who was saying what when Joe did that

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommonShore posted:

Who was saying what when Joe did that

Dana white announcing 135 tuf with both men and women on it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The time he talked to Hulk Hogan was good too.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The time he talked to Hulk Hogan was good too.

Hulk Hogan has been the racist sex-tape Gawker-suer guy for so long, I'd forgotten he's also a giant wrestle monster. Next to the Hulk, Joe Roan looks like a special effect in the middle of being shrunk down to go fight HIV in Georges St-Pierre's bloodstream.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Hulk Hogan has been the racist sex-tape Gawker-suer guy for so long, I'd forgotten he's also a giant wrestle monster. Next to the Hulk, Joe Roan looks like a special effect in the middle of being shrunk down to go fight HIV in Georges St-Pierre's bloodstream.

Wrestlers look normal next to each other and ridiculous compared to anyone else. First place I trained was split in the middle and the other half was Booker T's wrestling school. Hell of a nice guy but him walking into the room always felt kind of surreal.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hulk hogan! we comin for you nigga!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Every time after matches Brock would do the pro wrestling mic grab to Rogan and he’s literally the only guy who’d do it and every time Rogan would get the funniest look on his face, tough to be mean gene okerlanded if you’re not expecting it.

• Locked thread