Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fartbox posted:

You do not find steroids naturally occurring in supplements lol. That poo poo makes no loving sense

You might find rat bones or insect anuses, maybe even some traces of meth, but not steroids just layin around in jars of protein powder lol.

You are very wrong very confidently. If you have an opportunity to put something that actually works and that is very cheap (in Mexico) into your wildly unregulated fitness powder (produced in Mexico) you'll find that a lot of people do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

UFC 221 card...

:barf:

this would be a legit excellent fight night card. as it is it's only a pretty bad ppv card. looking forward to ben 10, horny guy, volkanovski, the obese guys, and whittaker / rockhold.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

It's a legitimately compelling challenge for max. His knock outs usually come after wearing out his opponent rather than one hit ko's. Frankie does not wear out.

I expect Max to win, but if Frankie shows up in the best form of his life I'll allow that a loss is at least possible for a guy who got wrestled by Conor (a million years ago)

I'm keen.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Frankie got rocked pretty bad by Charles Oliveira, of all people, so I’m pretty sure Max is going to hit him a bunch.

Oliveira is pretty good and enormous at featherweight?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Digital Jedi posted:

Posted over in the B-League but seems fit to post here as well.

We will no longer see Big John McCarthy in the octagon or MMA anymore at all. He is now working for Bellator as a color analyst.

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/950793913601798144

Pretty big loss for good refs.

Good for John. Bad for literally everyone else.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

When was cerrone / medeiros announced? That's an extremely sick fight. With yancy's chin he might out grit cerrone.

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 10, 2018

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i had suspected that barboza might be the best lightweight in the world. i was very wrong, but he can still be my lw hero. here's his reaction to big john asking if he wants to come out for round 3 against khabib https://gfycat.com/FlawlessPeskyBrahmanbull

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

barboza will never hold a belt and be relegated to footnotes in pithy message board discussions about how if he wasn't illegally knocked out in the tony fight he would have won and lived tony's life (interim champ 2017-2020) while tony is relegated to lw's magny. the person that makes this argument is exclusively me, here, and i can't help but think that barboza deserves more than that. c'est la vie.

if barboza wasn't illegally tko'd in the tony fight he'd be interim champ by now and tony would have just been squashed by habib

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

weidman's win over gastellum was more impressive imo but who cares rockhold / whittaker is a good fight and whittaker is way more likely to beat rockhold than weidman which is nice because i like whittaker

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mewse posted:

Yeah Khabib's standup style is basically eat a bunch of shots to set up grappling

it's a little bit more nuanced than that in that his looping punches can either succeed and crack a dude in the face or even if it's blocked / misses it leaves khabib most of the way set up to just reach out and grab the guy and drag him down. it's really effective but if he was to compete in a kickboxing / boxing match he would get hosed up by darrel horcher

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

Apparently Cody Garbants is coming out with a book. That seems, uh, that sounds hard to believe.

i haven't had the patience to find out if cody has anything interesting to say because 5 minutes is apparently my unspoken maximum upper limit for listening to people try and verbalise a simple, single clause thought.

hopefully he doesn't have a ghostwriter and it's just cody's story - raw, hot, and uncut. if he does have a ghostwriter, i hope he actually has interesting experiences and ideas that he keeps very well hidden

e: ah just read the summary. sounds very safe. disappointing.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

volkan is basically travis brown. in a year it will be a subject of frank disbelief that he ever fought for a title even in the shittiest real division in the ufc

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

imagine, if you will, dc fighting rumble johnson, only now rumble is a retarded russian man whose fists don't go where he tells them to, and every knockout win on his resume is pretty much by accident.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Fat Twitter Man posted:

If only there were some sort of compromise, like offering a replacement fight on the ppv next week

those fight camps that cost money are tailored at the highest level to a specific opponent. losing to darrel horcher's bigger brother (a real risk for vitor right now) could seriously affect his future ability to secure cash to fight in japan while like a resident evil boss

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

after tens of thousands of dollars and many hours of work i have become artem lobov

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

actually if you are a terrible fighter and want undeserved success sbg is possibly the best gym in the entire world

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Shut down the division where Shogun is ranked 5th.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Feels like they did this one too a little too late

Yeah.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

that emmett guy bodying lamas was really impressive. dangerous fight for stephens but extremely winnable.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

vaginal facsimile posted:

Didn't he like miss weight for that fight?

yeah but i don't think that takes the shine off the victory. it wasn't just a freak ko either, he controlled every second of that fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

He keeps refusing to say that Conor is stripped, so it seems like they're waiting until Tony v. Khabib actually happens to make it official/waiting for Conor to sign something, just in case one of them dies attempting to climb the scales again.

my guess is they got conor to sign something saying that khabib in russia if khabib wins or i'll let you strip me because it's not worth it to me to fight tony in north america

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dan Didio posted:

Conor was always bad, but unironically.

It owns that the UFC had four of the greatest fighters of their era together, on a stage, and none of them got any promotion because the UFC can't answer a simple question.

Lol ya

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

it's not about ppv's. it's the size of the crowd. another record for the irishman. like when metallica played in the ussr and literally as far as the eye can see was filled with russian flesh.... it was beautiful

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

being a champion's friend isn't the best base for mma, but it's the best base for making money in mma.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'm not convinced that poirier won't turn a corner and become genuinely elite. gaethje i don't feel the same way about. this is basically the brown / condit that is actually not sad and weird.

also lol at jj being the favorite.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Jacare is cool.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Pay them.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hey demetrious, that card game guy thinks you're child-like and worthless

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

child: charizard! i choose you!

judge: the winner is that child

masked adult: drat. i lost. oh well, at least i'm not ufc champion demetrious johnson. boy. boy child. haha

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Stipe hits very hard, and he has more of a gas tank than Rumble.

lol i just watched stipe go to < 12 punches a round after a single round with frances ngannou.

if stipe isn't controlling the pace, which i'm almost positive he won't be, dc will out work him over 5 no problems.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

overeem hits like a weak child

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

He still has a better gas tank than Rumble. Stipe has also gone hard for 4+ rounds twice before the Ngannou fight.

Should be a good fight and I'm excited to see how it plays out.

he's able to go 4+ rounds when he's in full control of the fight. like rumble. when pressured, he has less than two rounds of gas. also like rumble.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

CommonShore posted:

Was he in control of the first JDS fight? That one was back and forth, as I recall.

evenly matched against a guy with similar attributes. he definitely wasn't being out worked.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

mewse posted:

Ngannou is a very different opponent than DC and Stipe won't be trying for the lead blanket routine

Yeah you're right DC will actually be fighting for more than one round and there's a good chance that Stipe will be the one trying to stay on his feet. Probably not good for his gas.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Conor McGregor. Conor McGregor.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lol i just noticed jj is still ranked p4p and rose is not

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Rigel posted:

jj is #15 though. I imagine if they extended the rankings, rose would be 16 or 17.

If jj was like #9 or something and rose was not in the top 15, then that would be weird.

i think it's weird that someone you dominate for three minutes before knocking them out in the first round in a division where knockouts are only theoretical gets ranked above them.... unless the list is counting... down? is conor mcgregor the worst fighter on earth p4p second only to demetrious johnson?

also lol ad edwin and clay. although clay looked bafflingly good against koch. i'd say this has earned him the right to be knocked out horrifically by edwin

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

what the gently caress? dodson declined to fight over four pounds? that's well within his rights but i was really looking forward to an actually good and competitive fight on that card. drat.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

lolling at the video game getting you to beat up tony with conor as you learn the buttons. that's some shameful poo poo conor lol

e: especially shameful if this poster doesn't have a typo where 'interim' should be https://imgur.com/a/LblC1

Marching Powder fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

hang on, i thought we were all supposed to disapprove of a fighter turning down a legitimate 135lb challenge with deeply unfavorable contract terms in favor of a easy fight at 125 :mrgw:

• Locked thread