Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

Name some people who are better at talking trash than Conor from other sports

Like everyone who has ever played hockey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I never like making someone who only fought twice fighter of the year. Holloway beat the same guy twice which isnt amazing, dj beat like #12 ranked ray borg, whittaker's wins were cool and elite but only 2 of em and really not that much more impressive than tyron. Rda and volkan had three solid wins, but i dont think either of them are fighter of the year.

Looks like it is jon jones

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I think frankie was always bad, and i think hes slowed a bit, and i think he stands a good chance against max

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Didnt francis stagger stipe in one of the later rounds

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Hes not that young, but i guess relatively young for a heavyweight

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
He will get better for sure if he hooks up with some real dedicated coaches or joins a camp that can give him focused attention.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Conor also uses lots of body kicks/no chance spinning kicks to keep guys standing far enough out of the pocket that he can see them coming from a mile away. The post doesnt work quite so great against south paws because its a lot harder to land the left. The fight im most interested to see has always been rda/conor, but nate answered a lot of the south paw questions

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I like to call it Lost Wages

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I didnt read any of your posts but im the handsome it president

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I remember staying up late to watch the first ever UFC on FOX, Cain vs JDS 1, on what was probably Setanta Sports at the time and the picture was perfectly fine for entirely of the broadcast except for roughly five seconds.

Five seconds that froze just as JDS stepped into that gigantic overhand shot that put Cain down and resumed as the fight was called. Sitting through all that pomp and bollocks to miss the KO punch was gutting but it wasn't as bad as watching UFC 119: Mir vs Crocop at 3am.

So basically gently caress FOX because that very first show sucked and I was rewarded for sitting through the bad bits by missing the only good bit.

Iirc that card had like a chael/bisping or a rashad fight and it sucked poo poo

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Sorry bisping/chael was on the rashad/davis card, which should have led to the cancellation of the fox deal

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I bet i bet that no matter what the outcome is vs stipe, cormier will lose to jones again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

The Human Crouton posted:

He let someone hit their opponent 203 times against the opponent's 3 times, mostly on the ground with no realistic way to defend.

Agreed. The ref should have stopped maia/nelson much earlier, and nelson shouldh ave been immediately cut from the ufc

• Locked thread