Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
what does this mean for the viability of setting up nntp.yospos.net on Linode when the forums are turned off on 1/31?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

eschaton posted:

what does this mean for the viability of setting up nntp.yospos.net on Linode when the forums are turned off on 1/31?

you of all people should have enough period-appropriate hardware to host a usenet group yourself, sheesh

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ah that logo finally makes sense!

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

heh

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

good news everyone, doom is now immune to meltdown and spectre

https://github.com/xoreaxeaxeax/movfuscator/tree/master/validation/doom

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
lol

The mov-only DOOM renders approximately one frame every 7 hours, so playing this version requires somewhat increased patience.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

gonna be great when i finish that speedrun in 2068

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Linguica posted:

My Linode VPSes got patched for Meltdown or whatever and performance seems identical but for some reason it's now reporting way more I/O

dunno. overall load is less than i thought it'd be, i guess there's some caching going on

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

Truga posted:

lol

The mov-only DOOM renders approximately one frame every 7 hours, so playing this version requires somewhat increased patience.

so would playing it like this count as a TAS or what

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Penguissimo posted:

so would playing it like this count as a TAS or what

yup but at 35 fps a speedrun would still take 50 years

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

ironically someone recently started a bot that posts a frame from a doom speedrun every 6 hours, which is a little faster than playing it in mov-only doom https://twitter.com/thedoomclock

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The clock is reset by doing a speedrun even faster, forcing the bot to start over with a new one.

• Locked thread