Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
i fcuking hate time travel stories. so i guess i'll be in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Kloctopussy posted:

That's weird, considering you already wrote at least one.

peering into the past is not going there!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
righting is hard

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
dammit!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Slice of life
2010 words

removed

derp fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 13, 2018

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
yes tyvm apop :)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
tyvm for your thoughts tyran!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
SOMEBODY FIGHT ME

IM READY(butidontlikethisweeksprompt)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Ur on looser :toxx:

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
My animals are going to have such smarts. The best smarts. I know a lot of sapient animals and I can tell you mine are the smartest

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

crabrock posted:

lol. imma judge this because flerp derp

prompt: every species is sapient but can't recognize it in other species or communicate with them.

wordcount:1500 words

due date: Jan 27 11:59pm PST

derp, toxx up plz.

Residue
1375 words

removed

derp fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 13, 2018

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
woo, my first TD win

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
sebmojo told me not to ever eat anything larger than my head, but i have a very small head and that excludes most foods and i am a large man who needs much food so i starved to death and now i am a ghost. gently caress you sebmojo.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hello. i'm having trouble writing lately so i guess i'll do one of these with a flash also k thanks.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Kaishai posted:

:siren: Thunderdome Recap! :siren:

*bumps into signpost, falls down, spends rest of life there*

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
A night at the theater:
removed

derp fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 1, 2019

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Okay I will write a story featuring a guy who is tough and or cool. Gimme a quote thing

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Tyrannosaurus posted:

"Do the animals still talk in your world?"

“For the first ten days they sailed on beautifully and found plenty to eat as there were lots of fish..."

You trying to force me to write about pirates? Self imposed rule: Idris has never been on a boat

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
“For the first ten days they sailed on beautifully and found plenty to eat as there were lots of fish..."

A Mother and a Father
Starring Janet McTeer as Zednia
And introducing Idris Elba as The Stranger

removed

derp fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jan 1, 2019

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you for the crits up and all, lots of effort going into those for dumb forum words. We don't deserve it(I love it ty!)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hi hello i will do it.

thank you and good day.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sitting Here posted:

Emotions: Grieving, embarrassed

best friends
1200 words

removed

derp fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 1, 2019

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
is there any rules about posting crits before judging has happened

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Ty!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Prump?
Prom?
Print?
Pramp?
Pront?

Also ty for those krits

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i dont think i took enough time with these to call them crits, but here are the thoughts i had while reading the stories.

Funhouse, m. propagandalf

Typoes. I’m having a hard time visualizing this off-putting man. Unsure how she can tell he’s wearing blackface if he’s wearing a mask. As I’m reading, many of these descriptions are hard for me to imagine. “The man pranced off as Yolanda followed suit.” she pranced as well? This strikes me as humorous, in a sort of ‘walk this way’ kind of way. This whole thing could use some close reading and a couple more rounds of editing. I liked the unexpected way the man reacted like he was all hurt and sad that she didn’t want to stay, that made me smile. Overall though this story wasn’t very satisfying because Yolanda didn’t do anything, it was all the man’s actions (telling her where the plushy was, then giving her the special coin) that allowed her to leave.

Macadelic, allnewjonassalk

Oh boy, a poo poo story. The first sentence is where I would normally stop reading but I’ll go on for a crit. Well this certainly is miserable. Strikes me as kind of a gross out story, but it at least has a cynical edge, which I like. Not sure what to think of the message here. It seems to be a critical look at the way cities deal with their homeless, but then all the homeless are described as shitbags so...? Pretty well written, I chuckled a couple times, and the ending was unexpected. Not much of a story though, in a ‘character trying and failing/succeeding to do something’ kind of way.

Running up that hill, staggy

I liked this one. The beginning has a good hook and it held me all the way through. I really enjoyed that it didn’t end in a sappy or dumb way, or a twisty way (almost thought he was gunna die on the hill WHATATWIST) but in a realistic ‘work is hard, and it sucks, deal with it’ kind of way. Nice work on the descriptions, too, really had me feeling the guys pain and frustration. I’ll probably think of this one again at some point, which is more than I can say for most of the stories I read here.

Twisted goose

I wanted to stop reading this cause who wants to read about these kinds of assholes, but I noticed that one of the words for your prompt was ‘disdain’ so, okay, I guess I’ll feel disdain. Pretty well written, pulled me along, made me want to know what was going to happen. I thought the story should have ended here “This is the Twisted Goose, he said impatiently, and it’s how I’m finally going to grab Mindy Burbank’s tit.” It was funny, and unexpected, made me laugh. After that though you kind of figure of course it’s going to go wrong and are just waiting to find out exactly how. Not a bad read, though the content kind of brought it down, imo.

Little departures, sparksbloom

I guess it was written competently enough, but I just didn’t care about anything that happened. Didn’t seem like the character did, either.

Zodiac race, billy profane

You got a hell of a flash rule and did what you could with it. The reality show context is kind of amusing, but there’s really not much to pull this story along. There’s no question i want answered, no tension, no ‘what’s going to happen?’ not bad for trying to fit 12 characters in 1200 words though.

Eyes

Good descriptions of his weird experiences i guess but I just don’t care. Nothing changes, nothing is learned, nothing is tried, nothing is failed. A guy has some thoughts and then stabs himself.

Apophenium, bad math

I liked this one. Interesting, unpredictable and nothing is explained, which is as it should be. Would have liked a bit more of a sense of Jeremy’s feelings of being trapped and resisting, so that the finale is more satisfying. But pretty good for the number of words you had. Also i liked that she died in the end. Would have ruined the story imo if somehow his shooting bart made her wake up. Yay. after reading everything I might pick this for a winner.

Lippencot, sunday dinner

Nice. I like this one too. I was really rooting for Abe. Made me feel the tension and feel that connection and internal cheering every time Abe held his ground. Took a little while to get going, otherwise great.

Antivehicular, blameless prisoner

Was interested to read this one after seeing the flash rule. I was definitely curious while reading it, it’s an interesting premise and I wanted to find out more. Pretty good for a story where nothing can change, which means nothing really happens. The unanswered questions were good, just enough intrigue to leave me thinking about what kind of prison this is, what it means to be there, etc. pretty good. After reading everything, could be argued for a winner or hm

Tibalt, deescalation

Cut the second paragraph and this is pretty good. Can feel the guy’s desperation and helplessness. Could use some editing and rewriting in parts to make it more snappy and sharp as the story itself is. But not bad.

Thranguy, for the love of god

This was a good read. Well written, good pacing, interesting characters and interesting plot. All around good. Not sure it fits the prompt to well and i don’t get the title. But I enjoyed it quite a bit. Could be a winner.

Invisible clergy, starlight

Bored. Don’t know what the point of this was. What was i supposed to feel or think... the best way to get a reader to care about or like a character (if that’s what you were trying to do) is to show them either being really good at something, or really bad at something but trying super hard at it anyway. He didn't seem like he had to try very hard, maybe that’s why I didn’t care. I dunno.

Lead out in cuffs, suburban skategirls

This was pretty cute, and nice job on using the literal image lol. The skunks were kind of random though and a distraction cause I was trying to figure out what they meant or how they related to the prompt.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
okay i will do it

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Ty for your thoughts!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Aeternum Vale
1261 words

removed

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ty for the crits Solitair and cant! :)

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
extremely happy i deleted all my posts from the old threads. holy crap this could be an embarrassing week for some people

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Did you know that the first train only had one wheel, and was built over one million weeks ago? Most people don't know, but the train was actually named after John Coltrane, and so was coal. This is why coal is often pulled around in trains. These cool conversation starters, as well as seventeen other interesting facts, are all available in Cool Train Facts by me, Turk Durkington. It can all be yours for the low cost of 1.99 trains. Buy my product.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Ah, my train has arrived, PROMPT as ever, and the conductor is asking who is going to get IN. I climb on board and we're off in a FLASH.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Okay I will do it

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sitting Here posted:

you are a camera

Camera[b], 630 words

removed

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
im in a zone and don't want to wait till monday or tuesday to start the next thing. somebody FIGHT ME

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Sitting Here posted:

you're all brawling each other.

Your prompt is two characters who can't communicate but must work together in some way.

1200 words
due date Saturday October 6, before you go to bed.
judge is me
:toxx:es please

:toxx: aww yah

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
haha ok

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
ty everyone for the fantastic crits on these v short stories. more effort than is deserved im sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Yoruichi posted:

"you're"

"opponent's"

Fart. Tit.