Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

Carrion Luggage posted:

Oh yeah, the infection/cancer is gone. My sense of smell is gone forever as well due to the radiation.

Do you know how, exactly? That's interesting. I only barely know how the sense of smell works, by which I mean I know "receptors" are a thing.
Small price to pay, considering the alternative. Congrats on powering through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I just now got the joke with his username

I am dumber than poo poo

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I haven't clicked on this thread in a long time because I was worried. Proud of you goon.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Diet Poison posted:

Do you know how, exactly? That's interesting. I only barely know how the sense of smell works, by which I mean I know "receptors" are a thing.
Small price to pay, considering the alternative. Congrats on powering through.

More or less it killed off the area that is responsible for growing those smell receptors, which can also happen with taste buds and saliva glads.

I can not be sure it did not harm my taste buds also since you taste mostly with your sense of smell.

I can eat durian fruit and be unphased, I guess.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Imagine losing the ability to produce saliva. Cottonmouth all day. *spritzes mouth*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Paranoid Peanut posted:

mods, please update thread title: have to had

kthx

done

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
gently caress yeah, Carrion. I'm sure you've got a litigative monkey on your back, but at least it's not a loving rot-demon in your face.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Carrion Luggage posted:

More or less it killed off the area that is responsible for growing those smell receptors, which can also happen with taste buds and saliva glads.

I can not be sure it did not harm my taste buds also since you taste mostly with your sense of smell.

Maybe you can work this into some sort of "guy who eats gross foods but never vomits" kind of deal. Not sure how you monetize that, but I'd start with fermented shark regardless.

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.
useless trivia: Dannah Phirman is a producer on it's always sunny in philadelphia. her husband Mike Phirman is one of the nicest, most genuine people i've ever met. he also was born with no sense of smell so he has permanent diaper duty for their kids.

he just released an album called "songs to sing at children" that has a whole song dedicated to changing diapers. if you have kids under the age of 8 go buy it!

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Biohazard posted:

Maybe you can work this into some sort of "guy who eats gross foods but never vomits" kind of deal. Not sure how you monetize that, but I'd start with fermented shark regardless.

did LA Beast make any money eating all that gross poo poo? CL could do that

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Carrion Luggage posted:

Are you sure you're not just a vorta? Have you tried kava nuts and ripple berries?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1BUsZ7BSC8

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

gey muckle mowser posted:

I dunno, you could be a superhero who rescues people from like flooded waste treatment plants and garbage fires, or maybe defeat some sort of stink-based supervillain

“Smell you later, Carrion Luggage!”

“Don’t hold your breath” *villain base explodes*

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
Just checked into the thread and I'm tearing up a little bit that is so awesome for you

Losing loved ones to cancer sucks rear end glad we don't have to worry about you

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
nice one mr. luggage

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Carrion Luggage posted:

until I become the stink resistant super villain, which pays better

quote:

Thioacetone has an intensely foul odor. Like many low molecular weight organosulfur compounds, the smell is potent and can be detected even when highly diluted. In 1889, an attempt to distill the chemical in the German city of Freiburg was followed by cases of vomiting, nausea and unconsciousness in an area with a radius of 0.75 kilometres (0.47 mi) around the laboratory due to the smell. British chemists at the Whitehall Soap Works in Leeds noted in an 1890 report that dilution seemed to make the smell worse and described the smell as "fearful". Thioacetone is considered a dangerous chemical due to its extremely foul odor and ability to render people unconscious, induce vomiting, and be detected over long distances.
In 1967, Esso researchers repeated the experiment of cracking thioacetone, at a laboratory south of Oxford, UK. They reported their experience as follows:

Recently we found ourselves with an odour problem beyond our worst expectations. During early experiments, a stopper jumped from a bottle of residues, and, although replaced at once, resulted in an immediate complaint of nausea and sickness from colleagues working in a building two hundred yards [180 m] away. Two of our chemists who had done no more than investigate the cracking of minute amounts of trithioacetone found themselves the object of hostile stares in a restaurant and suffered the humiliation of having a waitress spray the area around them with a deodorant. The odours defied the expected effects of dilution since workers in the laboratory did not find the odours intolerable ... and genuinely denied responsibility since they were working in closed systems. To convince them otherwise, they were dispersed with other observers around the laboratory, at distances up to a quarter of a mile [0.40 km], and one drop of either acetone gem-dithiol or the mother liquors from crude trithioacetone crystallisations were placed on a watch glass in a fume cupboard. The odour was detected downwind in seconds.

quote:

“Imagine the worst, most foul thing you have ever smelled. An overpowering mix of rotting meat, old socks that haven’t been washed for weeks – topped off with the pungent waft of an open sewer. . .Imagine being covered in the stuff as it is liberally sprayed from a water cannon. Then imagine not being able to get rid of the stench for at least three days, no matter how often you try to scrub yourself clean.”

quote:

Imagine taking a chunk of rotting corpse from a stagnant sewer, placing it in a blender and spraying the filthy liquid in your face. Your gag reflex goes off the charts and you can't escape, because the nauseating stench persists for days.

quote:

liable to cause physical harm, such as intense nausea, vomiting and skin rashes, in addition to any injury resulting from the powerful force of the spray. Examinations by police and army medical teams in the past also indicated that the excessive coughing caused by exposure can result in suffocation.
Some report that the smell is so potent it can linger on clothes for months, if not years.

quote:

We used it on a captive crowd consisting of CRPF personnel and general public. But they managed to tolerate the smell without much difficulty. [...] Those who can ignore [the] smell can drink the liquid also.

Become what you were born to be! Hold the world hostage if that's what it takes.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
literally didn't check this thread in months cuz it made my anxiety flare up just reading the title but good job at beating cancer

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
hey guys an embarassingly small number of you have donated to this gofundme. like ive seen dogs with allergies hit 10k goals faster because that idiot dogrates guy on twitter RT'd it. donate to OP's gofundme for the love of all thats sacred on this lovely gay earth

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

truth coming out of her well armed with her whip to shame goons into donating to this gofundme, by jean-leon gerome

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

chernobyl kinsman posted:

hey guys an embarassingly small number of you have donated to this gofundme. like ive seen dogs with allergies hit 10k goals faster because that idiot dogrates guy on twitter RT'd it. donate to OP's gofundme for the love of all thats sacred on this lovely gay earth

We're not allowed to link to it in the thread. There were banner ads to it for a while, but it's had no promotion lately.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fabricated posted:

I just now got the joke with his username

I am dumber than poo poo

Same

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Not everyone can help with the money side of things and that is OK because love helps.

Some people help with money and love so I am their side piece.

:getin:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Huh. Usually after I donate money to sick Goons, they die. This is a nice change of pace.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I'm sending thoughts and prayers and that's almost as good!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Huh. Usually after I donate money to sick Goons, they die. This is a nice change of pace.

WAY TO JINX HIM :mad:

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

I'm sending thoughts and prayers and that's almost as good!

That's dark.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Thanks to those who continue to send me goon bucks and help me catch up on all of the past due stuff. One day I might win this lawsuit and I will pay everyone back.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Carrion Luggage posted:

Thanks to those who continue to send me goon bucks and help me catch up on all of the past due stuff. One day I might win this lawsuit and I will pay everyone back.

That's a solid move. My recollection is that I donated $28,000 to you.

AbsurdHeroine
Feb 27, 2007

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.

Carrion Luggage posted:

:glomp:

I will explicitly think of you whenever I vote to bring sanity to our nation's healthcare system.

Or, if we end up with a coup d'état, whenever an enemy of the People is up against the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

That's a solid move. My recollection is that I donated $28,000 to you.

send me 28k and ill double it

• Locked thread