Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

should just break up with her.

remember this dude?

she was trying to be strong, she wouldn't be the kind of person to abandon her man over something super ficial. anyway she left him and he killed himself.

She was very young, I doubt OP is dating an 18 year old. If OPs girlfriend is an 18 year old committed to marriage before this event that changes things.

E: don't want to derail, sorry

spinderella fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 4, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Keep your chin up op (unless that causes drainage or something)

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

faggy clause has an epic avatar though

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Real talk

I had the sniffles prior to Christmas and chalked it up to the season, took a decongestant and went on about my time. Everything seemed to be working out, just a matter of waiting out the virus and trying to keep it from getting worse. I used my neti pot about 4 times a day until last friday. The discomfort started to get worse, sinus pressure felt like it was trying to push my eye out of my head and pop my ear drum. I made an appointment for today (the 3rd) with my GP, they did not have an opening and put me with the almost-a-doctor nurse.

Yesterday the taste of the post nasal drip running down the back of my throat and the smell of, well, everything became so foul that it was making my dry heave. I went directly to the doctor's office and waited to see anyone, I figured the infection was getting pretty loving bad and it was sort of scary.

The PA came in and asked the same ol questions they always do, looked in my ear, in my nose, in my throat and told me it was just an infection and she would give me a shot and some scripts for biaxin to knock it out.

Then she smelled it too and left the room.

Suddenly the super busy doctor had time to come in, do a consult, call another doctor for a consult and I was asked to go to out patient. They did a biopsy and the results were returned the same day, who the gently caress knows how that happens. A few x-rays and CT scans later and I was told I have stage 2 face cancer and here we are

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Carrion Luggage posted:

Real talk

I had the sniffles prior to Christmas and chalked it up to the season, took a decongestant and went on about my time. Everything seemed to be working out, just a matter of waiting out the virus and trying to keep it from getting worse. I used my neti pot about 4 times a day until last friday. The discomfort started to get worse, sinus pressure felt like it was trying to push my eye out of my head and pop my ear drum. I made an appointment for today (the 3rd) with my GP, they did not have an opening and put me with the almost-a-doctor nurse.

Yesterday the taste of the post nasal drip running down the back of my throat and the smell of, well, everything became so foul that it was making my dry heave. I went directly to the doctor's office and waited to see anyone, I figured the infection was getting pretty loving bad and it was sort of scary.

The PA came in and asked the same ol questions they always do, looked in my ear, in my nose, in my throat and told me it was just an infection and she would give me a shot and some scripts for biaxin to knock it out.

Suddenly the super busy doctor had time to come in, do a consult, call another doctor for a consult and I was asked to go to out patient. They did a biopsy and the results were returned the same day, who the gently caress knows how that happens. A few x-rays and CT scans later and I was told I have stage 2 face cancer and here we are

I wish you the best, dude. Good luck with everything.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

Carrion Luggage posted:

Real talk

What. Does. It. Taste. Like.

Drothmar
Feb 18, 2015

I wish you the best of luck Carrion. You're going to crush this poo poo.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Real talk

I'm really sorry to hear about that poo poo and I'm sorry you have to go through this man. Keep us posted if you feel like it

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Fart Puzzle posted:

What. Does. It. Taste. Like.

I don't know what to compare it to. I have to keep a mint in my mount anytime I am awake now, with some meds the nasal drip has more or less stopped but the smell remains, right now I am trying to keep peppermint oil under my nose to help with that.

It just smells like rot, I guess. So I know what rot tastes like now which is something I can put in my memoir.

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

cancer sucked but you can get a TON of pity sex and pity everything really. dont be afraid to exploit it you got hosed by getting cancer so the karma balances out

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Conch Shell Corp posted:

cancer sucked but you can get a TON of pity sex and pity everything really. dont be afraid to exploit it you got hosed by getting cancer so the karma balances out

Legit curious if you get pity sex if you have cancer

OP did you smoke cigarettes

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Carrion Luggage posted:

Real talk

this really fuckin pisses me off because if you had been even 1 degree more timid or "walk it off", this wouldve been left undiagnosed because the healthcare system dont give a gently caress and is just itchin to write that scrip and get you out the door

sorry about your face cancer. maybe you can get a titanium cheek and goad jerks into punching you

The_end
May 17, 2014
Set up a kick starter and open a hot dog stand.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Carrion Luggage posted:

Anyone willing to donate facial parts to me please lmk

What kind of face would you be after? (not that I have any spare), but this could turn out to be a good thing if you keep an eye on the news for hot 19yo dudes dying in motorbike accidents.

Realtalk: set up a Gofundme though and if we don't get enough for surgery we can probably buy the face of an executed homeless Chinese guy off of Alibaba.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

should just break up with her.

remember this dude?

she was trying to be strong, she wouldn't be the kind of person to abandon her man over something superficial. anyway she left him and he killed himself.
that dude was seriously human trash up and down. not even talking about his military service. dont pity him

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

gary oldmans diary posted:

that dude was seriously human trash up and down. not even talking about his military service. dont pity him

be nice to enfield

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I got skin cancer but you don't hear me bragging on about it op

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Whoa. Do the social media thing fundraiser. When friends offer support, bring the idea up, why not?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Sorry to hear, op

I hope everything goes well for you and yeah, check out the goon doctor's cancer thread for support and help from other cancergoons

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I got skin cancer but you don't hear me bragging on about it op

i mean its one of the most common cancers its notthing special really

if you made a FB post about it id prolly like it but I wouldn't like, share it or anything

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Why don't we have a huge push towards getting more kids into the medical field so we can get all those streamer kids using their autismo brains on something that would help everyone? I would think all the rich people's number 1 fear would be diseases like cancer. We could probably get cancer cures down to 1/2 an A press.

Hope you get better dude. If its any comfort, my brother in law just had nose cancer surgery and you can't even tell now that the swelling has gone down.

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

gary oldmans diary posted:

What is the story? Did he really kill himself?

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
i wish anyone who did any kind of military service would kill themselves, including myself

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Breakfast All Day posted:

this really fuckin pisses me off because if you had been even 1 degree more timid or "walk it off", this wouldve been left undiagnosed because the healthcare system dont give a gently caress and is just itchin to write that scrip and get you out the door

It's less about not giving a gently caress than about the symptoms of paranasal sinus cancer being pretty much identical to those of other sinus disease. It's not a particularly common cancer and it's rarely detected early (this is true of the majority of cancers - there are only a few for which have screening tests which make early detection possible). Medicine is a game of likelihoods. You start with the most likely cause of the symptoms and work your way through to the less likely causes.

I'm glad that everything fell into place for OP today and that the time from suspicion to confirmed diagnosis was so short.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
your lady isn't going to leave you but if she does you could say "Hey, I didn't sinus up for this!"

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Carrion Luggage posted:

this support group is garbage

ya get what ya pay for

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Three words: Terms of Enrampagement

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Carrion Luggage posted:

Real talk

That's hosed up. :(

I hope you can beat it!

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

for real tho that sucks and im sorry you have face cancer

that said im not a doctor and cant do anything about it so lol whole fat lotta good thats gonna do you

Conch Shell Corp
Feb 24, 2009

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

Legit curious if you get pity sex if you have cancer

yes i did, several female aquintances and one nurse. it helped that i have a really smooth skull lol

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Good luck OP. Please link to any Facebook posts to send Thoughts and Prayers.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Conch Shell Corp posted:

yes i did, several female aquintances and one nurse. it helped that i have a really smooth skull lol

dammit, my lumpy head is going to make me a laughing stock when i get cancer

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
sinus cancer is nose joke.

Sorry to hear about this OP. I got viral conjunctivitis earlier in the year, got misdiagnosed and now I have scarred up corneas. Sometimes poo poo happens and we just have to roll with it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Have you tried smoking weed? I think that cures cancer

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Do they have take your nose?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

If they do your wife can say my husband had his nose removed and then someone else for instance the butcher or drycleaner could say how does he smell now and your wife can say awful!

SketchyNick
Oct 15, 2005
Sorry to hear that buddy, good luck

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

drat dude, that blows. Hopefully everything turns out well. At least it isn't perianal sinus cancer like I originally misread the title as.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Thoughts and prayers for your para-nose friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

oh there's no joke is there?? :(

• Locked thread