Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«39 »
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

With Hardy/Nakamura becoming a Honorable Mention I can now nominate every YTR match in the G1 for MOTYC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

With Hardy/Nakamura becoming a Honorable Mention I can now nominate every YTR match in the G1 for MOTYC.

I was going to do this anyway

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Agreed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

Fundamentals as sound as the WNBA

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I was going to do this anyway

I was going to nominate everything except for the Omega match but now even that is justified.

MazelTovCocktail
Jun 23, 2012

All Praise Be to Wentz

I canít say motyc, but Ibushi and ZSJ on Day 2 of the G1 should be on the top lists or notable mentions.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Staying healthy due to sheer coincidence.

Ibushi vs ZSJ from day 2 is absolutely a HM to me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Anybody remotely interesting is mad in some way or another.

HM: Naito vs Ishii - G1 Climax Night 4 - 7/19
I'll never get tired of watching these two fight

HM: Kenny Omega vs Hirooki Goto - G1 Climax Night 4 - 7/19
Goto getting booed and acting the heel was a surprising thrill and Kenny brought out the best in him.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

HM: ZSJ/YTR
HM: Juice/Ibushi
MOTYC: Naito/Ishii
HM: Goto/Omega

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011

MOTYC: Yano/ZSJ

Sometimes the hallmark of a good wrestling match is delivering exactly on what it promises as a piece of comedy and story

extradite THIS!
Mar 8, 2010

G1 stuff before I get around to watching night 4

G1 2018 night 1
HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. Jay White
HM: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Minoru Suzuki

G1 2018 night 2
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Tetsuya Naito
MOTYC: Kota Ibushi vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
HM: Tomohiro Ishii vs. Toru Yano

G1 2018 night 3
HM Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Jay White

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Somebody call Totoro

John McClane posted:

Sometimes the hallmark of a good wrestling match is delivering exactly on what it promises as a piece of comedy and story

I would go HM on that match. I'm really enjoying "Serious Yano" and I thought it was a really fun match the two had. I've really come around on Yano since last year and I think the dude is great.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

Have fun watching wrestling
Because wrestling's fun

May get lost in the G1 shuffle, but:

HM: Jordan Devlin vs Will Ospreay, PROGRESS Chapter 72: Got Got Need

Devlin has come such a long way from his earlier appearances in PROGRESS and Ospreay does a great job of playing the flashy dickhead heel. There are some INSANE sequences in this that they hit just right.

extradite THIS!
Mar 8, 2010

G1 2018 Night 4

HM: Tetsuya Naito vs Tomohiro Ishii
HM: Hirooki Goto vs Kenny Omega
HM: Toru Yano vs Zack Sabre Jr.

YTR and ZSJ in particular was

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Fun Shoe

John McClane posted:

Second

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: ZSJ/YTR
HM: Juice/Ibushi
MOTYC: Naito/Ishii
HM: Goto/Omega

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

John McClane posted:

nth

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

HM: Johnny Mundo vs. Vibora, Lucha Underground 7/18

Really cool and unique match of a monster heel taking on a scummy cheater heel while their respective heel factions war on in the background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

"I think you'll find that when it comes to Sandwich Montoya, the sky is the limit!"

- Too Much Mustard

Gavok posted:

HM: Johnny Mundo vs. Vibora, Lucha Underground 7/18

Really cool and unique match of a monster heel taking on a scummy cheater heel while their respective heel factions war on in the background.

Seconded

«39 »