Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I vote for Niebla/Soberano as HM and UG/Volador vs Rush/Terrible as MOTYC as well.

Here's my write-ups on the match along with the direct link to the match starts on the better quality official CMLL Youtube video:

Niebla Roja vs Soberano Jr. – CMLL – 02/23/2018 – EPIC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnczGJl5WU8&t=1h20m31s
Niebla Roja continues his post-mask renaissance by demonstrating with Soberano Jr. the very top of how good it's possible to make a match with a ten minute time limit. Both guys bring their biggest moves. The finish is very cool.

Último Guerrero & Volador Jr. vs Rush & Terrible [natl pi, final] – CMLL – 02/23/2018 – EXCELLENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnczGJl5WU8&t=1h38m43s
The "incredible pairs" tournament each year seems to be a place where you are guaranteed an impeccably worked final with a match-up that you don't see regularly. This year's final wasn't as good in the ring as last year's (which won the Luchablog Tapatia Match of the Year) but the story it told kept it on the same high level that you expect. Volador is sporting a face mask from a nose injury suffered against Último Guerrero earlier in the week, and now they have to team up to battle two guys who seem to have the chemistry that you wouldn't expect from a pareja increíble of enemies. The match builds and the brawling is great and the storytelling is great and the result is great. Don't skip on the few minutes post-match either, it's important to the story. Any wrestling fan should go out of their way to see this match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC

Rush and El Terrible vs Volador Jr and Ultimo Guerrero 2/23 CMLL

Yeah agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Cody and Marty Scurll vs The Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega/Kota Ibushi) at NJPW Honor Rising 2/24

Golden Lovers are an incredible duo, Cody played a great old school heel, Marty finally cementing the side he'd taken, a super hot crowd, amazing double-teams, terrifying high risk moves, THE KISS :derp:

This was a hell of a match.

Yeah just got around to watching it and agreed.

New Japan actually has an interesting tag team scene! AMAZING!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Yeah just got around to watching it and agreed.

New Japan actually has an interesting tag team scene! AMAZING!

And the junior tag scene is so strong with RPG3K and LIJ and

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

And the junior tag scene is so strong with RPG3K and LIJ and

Also they had Dragon Lee and Titan over last year

...so, uh, when are they retiring the junior tag titles

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

You guys are forgetting the number one contenders, El Desperado and the other junior from Suzuki-gun who isn't TAKA Michinoku

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

You guys are forgetting the number one contenders, El Desperado and the other junior from Suzuki-gun who isn't TAKA Michinoku

You mean the team so bland they had to make it a three way with LIJ?

Yeah meld the Junior titles with the Tag titles. Golden Loves vs RPG3k would be a great match anyway and heck most are about the size of Naito anyway

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Please keep the junior tag titles there are plenty of juniors and the matches are almost always good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Have Golden Lovers ever crossed paths with Speed Muscle? I haven't watched all the DDT/Dragon Gate shows but that seems like something that be really loving good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WMOTYC: Men's Elimination Chamber - Miz vs Elias vs Cena vs Finn vs Seth vs BRAUN vs Roman 2/25 - WWE Elimination Chamber.

What a bizarrely awfully booked match where nobody seemed to know what they were doing, it plodded through its paces and everything had a dreary air of inevitability to it that proved true. Just dull at best and maddening at worst.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: Men's Elimination Chamber - Miz vs Elias vs Cena vs Finn vs Seth vs BRAUN vs Roman 2/25 - WWE Elimination Chamber.

What a bizarrely awfully booked match where nobody seemed to know what they were doing, it plodded through its paces and everything had a dreary air of inevitability to it that proved true. Just dull at best and maddening at worst.

2nd, just because Braun didn't break every single pod

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

that match sucks, nth. that whole show sucked

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Jerusalem posted:

3rd.

i literally just finished watching it, and i cant remember a single thing that happened in it

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Would that be the 4th bad Chamber match in history? 06 (Edge's cash in doesn't count!) then the Extreme Elimination Chamber, the IC EC and then this?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Professor Funk posted:

2nd, just because Braun didn't break every single pod

3rd because it’s amazing that nearly one year ago, the leak came out it would be Roman vs Brock (and we all know what happens next) and it actually happened. The spoiler called this a year in advance. My god lol.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. For all the talent involved, I expected way better and it fell flat in pretty much every way possible.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Tbf if Braun won I'd probably be tossing an hm out, these matches always feel like bizzare clusterfucks to me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Would that be the 4th bad Chamber match in history? 06 (Edge's cash in doesn't count!) then the Extreme Elimination Chamber, the IC EC and then this?

I'm gonna have to go back and look over the previous EC matches because I'm sure there must be worse out there, but I can't remember ever watching an EC match that was so shockingly boring before, especially considering the talent involved.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Yes

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MassRafTer posted:

The IC one and the tag team one from the same show are the only EC matches I've found to be outright terrible. Even the ECW one is watchable despite the context.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The IC Chamber remains the worst one. The tag match was sloppy and had way too many bodies to really click. The women's match had enough legit highlights to cancel out Absolution being green as gooseshit.

This year's men's match had ... what, exactly? It was the wrestling version of white noise.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh God I'd put December to Dismember out of my mind.

Oh God :gonk:

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So was the Women’s EC any good then

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It was decent, probably the best match on the card but that’s not saying much

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Venomous posted:

So was the Women’s EC any good then

Depends how much you are into Women's Wrestling or the characters. Reviews ranged from decent to very good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah it was good, slow start but a real solid back half. Not a great match by any stretch, but probably the best match on the card last night.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah it was good, slow start but a real solid back half. Not a great match by any stretch, but probably the best match on the card last night.

This, especially because Sasha and Bayley (!) have been booked really well recently, and are telling a great story with one another. Worth watching the EC for that alone imho. It won't knock your socks off, but it was a solid B.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Io Shirai vs Momo Watanabe, STARDOM at Korakuen Hall, February 18th 2018.

Very stiff match, to the point of where Momo was bloodied up pretty bad at the end. Very good though. Momo has improved rapidly from where she was a little while ago. She has a very bright future ahead of her, considering she's only 17.

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/968245312853815296

There's only one of the spots from the match.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Feb 27, 2018

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Io "Cien" Shirai

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

DarkstarIV posted:

Very stiff match, to the point of where Momo was bloodied up pretty bad at the end. Very good though. Momo has improved rapidly from where she was a little while ago. She has a very bright future ahead of her, considering she's only 17.

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/968245312853815296

There's only one of the spots from the match.

Yep, quite enjoyed that one.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

3rd

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
HM: Finn Balor and Sasha Banks vs The Miz and Asuka, WWE Mixed Match Challenge 2/27/18

While not a great match in terms of in ring wrestling, Miz being absolutely loving terrified of Asuka was worthy of an HM on its own.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
everyone should watch this week's 205!! cedric/TJP was probably one of TJP's best performances on 205 so far, though whoever pointed out this felt like a midcard EVOLVE match was right tbh. but more importantly, the main of roddy/kalisto was an absolute loving blast, even if it was botchy enough to probably stay out of HM range (I love my sloppy son kalisto and will hear no disparagement of him though)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah, both were good and Roddy being more heelish was very welcome.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

DarkstarIV posted:

Looks like this has all the nominations it needs, but I'm nthing it. Io is insanely good and has that same Okada ace quality where almost everyone she wrestles comes out looking like they're gonna be the next big thing

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

HM: Finn Balor and Sasha Banks vs The Miz and Asuka, WWE Mixed Match Challenge 2/27/18

While not a great match in terms of in ring wrestling, Miz being absolutely loving terrified of Asuka was worthy of an HM on its own.

I'll 2nd this, it was probably the best/most fun match of the MMC thus far imho. The Miz/Asuka dynamic was awesome, the finish was solidly done, and it helped build the Miz/Finn/Seth build it seemed like.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

Looks like this has all the nominations it needs, but I'm nthing it. Io is insanely good and has that same Okada ace quality where almost everyone she wrestles comes out looking like they're gonna be the next big thing

all we needed for a MOTYC was people to start spamming the women's wrestling thread with "Momo is winning"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Double post

Also check out Matt Riddle vs James Drake from EVOLVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Catching up on recommendations from earlier and I'm gonna throw HMs to

Tony Nese vs Drew Gulak, 205 Live, Feb 13
Asuka & Miz vs Finn & Sasha, Mixed Match Challenge, Feb 27
Ultimo Guerrero & Volador Jr vs Rush & Terrible, CMLL Feb 23