Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Ishii vs YTR
MOTYC: Omega vs Naito
MOTYC: ZSJ vs Ibushi
HM: Goto vs Sanada

nth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I was on the fence about an HM for Goto/Sanada because I thought it took too long to get good, but what the hell - Nth HM for Goto Sanada if it helps get it over the line

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

Yes to all this. I'll give a MOTYC to Ishii vs YTR

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Two non-G1 recommendations to break things up

MOTYC: The Aggression (Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya) vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani & Takuya Nomura - Riki Choshu Produce - Power Hall Vol. 2: Battle of Another Dimension (7/10)

Since turning heel, Katsuhiko Nakajima has been one of the best things in wrestling, unfortunately in a promotion that nobody watches. Here he demonstrates the best of his absolute dickhead qualities and his frustrations at the failure of his run as ace of NOAH on a couple of BJW young boys. The ending where Nakajima absolutely beats the poo poo out of Nomura for the knock out finish had my mouth agape for the entire two minute stretch.

Second holy poo poo. Its two teams of hard striker and beefy boy vs hard striker and beefy boy and the ending is absolutely loving brutal.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

MOTYC: The Aggression (Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya) vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani & Takuya Nomura - Riki Choshu Produce - Power Hall Vol. 2: Battle of Another Dimension (7/10)

Since turning heel, Katsuhiko Nakajima has been one of the best things in wrestling, unfortunately in a promotion that nobody watches. Here he demonstrates the best of his absolute dickhead qualities and his frustrations at the failure of his run as ace of NOAH on a couple of BJW young boys. The ending where Nakajima absolutely beats the poo poo out of Nomura for the knock out finish had my mouth agape for the entire two minute stretch.

HM: Maya Yukihi & Mayumi Ozaki vs. Kakeru Sekiguchi & Sonoko Kato - Oz Academy Rude in June (6/3)

Ozaki is the owner of the promotion (the Oz in Oz Academy) and stacks the deck heavily in her favour in this match with more whips and chains than a sex dungeon, Alex Lee in her team's corner, Mio Shirai doing a heel referee gimmick and a policeman who at one point intervenes to deliver a shining wizard to her opponents. (And apparently has his own fans with a few 'POLICE' t-shirts among the crowd).

Sekiguchi does an excellent job as the face in peril, especially once she gets bloodied, with Kato as her badass partner coming in to face off against the impossible odds. In the end the odds prove too much for Sekiguchi after an INCREDIBLY slow count from Mio with some theatrics that have to be seen and Ozaki finishes her off with the Tequila Sunrise

Nth

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
wmotyc: Carmella vs Asuka with James Ellsworth in a shark cage from extreme rules - 7/15

worst feud of the year Carmella vs Asuka

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
HM - Nakamura vs. Hardy - Extreme Rules 2018

No wasted movement

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Midnightghoul posted:

HM - Nakamura vs. Hardy - Extreme Rules 2018

No wasted movement

2nd

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

This one just needs one more to make the MOTYC list, for anybody on the fence.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

wmotyc: Carmella vs Asuka with James Ellsworth in a shark cage from extreme rules - 7/15

Yeah, no one looks good in this feud at all. And it probably isn't over either. :suicide:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

gently caress it it was a good match even if I wanted a different result

HM: AJ Styles vs Rusev, Extreme Rules 2018

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Oh Snapple! posted:

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Oh Snapple! posted:

2nd

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Agreed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Ishii vs YTR is in many ways the perfect match. It's never too jokey. It is an amazing synthesis of a YTR match and an Ishii match where they do just enough hard striking and goofy cheating spots that you get everything you want, but at the same time it tells a great story that the finish perfectly pays off. That finish is literally perfect.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Second.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs 'Switchblade' Jay White - NJPW G1 Climax 07/16

A great showcase for how far unlikeable shithead Jay White has come since January.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

Ishii vs YTR is in many ways the perfect match. It's never too jokey. It is an amazing synthesis of a YTR match and an Ishii match where they do just enough hard striking and goofy cheating spots that you get everything you want, but at the same time it tells a great story that the finish perfectly pays off. That finish is literally perfect.
absolutely agreed

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

Sorry but Zayn v Lashley has that on lock for this year and literally every other year ever

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Frankston posted:

Sorry but Zayn v Lashley has that on lock for this year and literally every other year ever

Worse than Booker/HHH?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

agreed. hey, everyone? this loving ruled!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

MOTYC: Hazuki vs. Momo Watanabe (Stardom Bright Summer 7/16)

Not going to write a long recommendation for this one because I'm tired and it's on a paid subscription service so anyone who's going to watch it is probably going to watch it regardless. Super stiff, great match to set up the post-Io era. Rossy's put a lot of pressure on Momo by declaring her the new ace at age 18 but she's stepped up to the plate with three great defences of the white belt and this is the best yet by a long way and on a level with her matches with Io. Some wonderful kicks which is like half of why I watch wrestling anyway.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I'll 3rd an HM for AJ/Rusev.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

KungFu Grip posted:

Another for this

Also another HM for Styles vs Rusev, and MOTYC for Naito vs. Omega.

I liked Sin Cara vs Almas a lot for what it was too, but it's not exactly worthy of any awards having no stakes on the preshow of a pretty bad ppv.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

MassRafTer posted:

That finish is literally perfect.
It's.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just caught up on G1 Night 3

HM: Elgin/Page
HM: Okada/White

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
HM: Balor v. Drew McIntyre v. Roman Reigns, Raw 7/16

poo poo result, but really excellent match overall

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

HM: Balor v. Drew McIntyre v. Roman Reigns, Raw 7/16

poo poo result, but really excellent match overall

2nd

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Makabe vs Suzuki G1 N3. Makabe is king.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

HM: Hardy/Nakamura
HM: Rusev/AJ

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Benne posted:

Just caught up on G1 Night 3

HM: Elgin/Page
HM: Okada/White

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Makabe vs Suzuki G1 N3. Makabe is king.
second all of this

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

MassRafTer posted:

Makabe is king.
Makabe is kong.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

nth. Good god that ending :stare:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

MOTYC

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Junpei Hyde posted:

HM: Hardy/Nakamura

what is up with this forum's obsession with squash matches

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

bradzilla posted:

im sorry i liked the match

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
2nd

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A one sided match is not necessarily a squash.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Jeff's nads got squashed quite badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bradzilla posted:

they're the only matches in the wwe with a storytelling objective that actually succeed in communicating it