Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Tommaso Ciampa (C) vs. Johnny Gargano in a Last Man Standing Match for the NXT Championship - NXT Takeover Brooklyn IV - 8/18

The ending is gonna be divisive but personally I thought it ruled.

3rded, wrestling good but Johnny Wrestling dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Tommaso Ciampa (C) vs. Johnny Gargano in a Last Man Standing Match for the NXT Championship - NXT Takeover Brooklyn IV - 8/18

I agree with you. Thirding

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Jerusalem posted:

sure

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sportsgenius86 posted:

gently caress it I’m going MOTYC: Adam Cole vs. Ricochet, NXT Takeover Brooklyn, 8/18

This one needs one more vote to make it a MOTYC, if anybody is so inclined.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Jerusalem posted:

This one needs one more vote to make it a MOTYC, if anybody is so inclined.

Consider it done.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

How many times did Johnny stare at his hands and wonder how he could be so violent?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

1 hand stare, 1 hands to the top of the head in disbelief at his violence, 1 burying his face in his hands, 1 blank stare into the middle distance as he contemplates being violent

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd go HM on Gargano/Ciampa, Moustache Mountain/TUE and Shayna/Kairi, with the main event as the most borderline of the three. And borderline not even being an HM, not on the border between that and MOTY. It's the same goddamn match over and over, which is basically the worst sin of WWE booking. By going back to matches over and over, there's no time or room to have things evolve. Give me, say, an I Quit match where they just sprint for like 16-18 minutes. Give me a straight singles match where you can use the bells and whistles. And I do get that they were put into a tight spot, but, novel concept, there's no reason you HAVE to have the title be defended on every Takeover. Have some kind of angle on the show where Regal announces they're both suspended until the Black situation is dealt with, and put the Dunne or the Purazzo match they taped for TV on the live card.

Ricochet/Cole I'd go all the way to MOTYC for, though.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 19, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WMOTYC: Carmella (C) vs Becky vs Charlotte for the Smackdown Women's Championship - WWE Summerslam

The booking was terrible, the match was badly put together and the ending was infuriating.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: Carmella (C) vs Becky vs Charlotte for the Smackdown Women's Championship - WWE Summerslam

The booking was terrible, the match was badly put together and the ending was infuriating.

Yeah, bad match. Post match was amusing though.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HM: Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz - WWE Summerslam

wish the crowd was hotter

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ya'll know what the gently caress I'm nominating for WMOTY here I shouldn't even need to say it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns, SummerSlam, 8/19

An overbooked shitfest that we all wasted multiple years of our life on.

Just a total loving disaster in the most perfectly WWE way.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

ha ha yeah that match sucked pretty bad, throw it on the freakin list

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don’t know if overbooked is the right word but it sure did suck.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is that a 4th, Aphrodite?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oh yeah sorry, yes it is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

In that case, that marks the 3rd time this year that Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns for the Universal Title has made the WMOTY list!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

In that case, that marks the 3rd time this year that Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns for the Universal Title has made the WMOTY list!

Maybe they'll do it at the MCG show; surely the Australians will support Roman just like the Saudis.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

sportsgenius86 posted:

WMOTYC: Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns, SummerSlam, 8/19

An overbooked shitfest that we all wasted multiple years of our life on.

Just a total loving disaster in the most perfectly WWE way.

second

my ISP crashed before the match and when it came back I went back to go watch this match

I was so wrong. So, so wrong. Comcast was trying to save me, but I rejected it's gift. :(

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
HM
New Day vs the Bludgeon Bros Smackdown 8/21/18

HM
Lucha House Party vs Nese and Murphy 205 Live 8/21/18

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

achillesforever6 posted:

HM

HM

Yeah!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

HM

Absolutely, goddamn I love The New Day.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

HM

Nth.

If Murphy ever gets released he'll become the next hot name on the indie/Japan circuit. Would love to see Murphy/Kushida, Murphy/Dragon Lee, and even Murphy/Low Ki.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: Christopher Daniels vs Hechicero 8/4 Pura Raza

Great match, stole the show from the 3 way tag and main event it was sandwiched between. Some crazy stuff from Hechicero and Daniels is his usual great self.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
MOTYC: Aerostar and Drago vs. Golden Magic and Laredo Kid, Bandido and Flamita and Andrew Everett and DJZ, Ladder match, Triplemania XXVI

The peak of loving insane moves done off ladders. Incredible.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Aerostar and Drago vs. Golden Magic and Laredo Kid, Bandido and Flamita and Andrew Everett and DJZ, Ladder match, Triplemania XXVI

Seconded. Holy gently caress.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

Agreed

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
WMOTYC: Jack Evans, Juventud Guerrera and Teddy Hart vs. Averno, Chessman and Super Fly, Lumberjack match, AAA Triplemania

What an AAA kind of finish.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: Jack Evans, Juventud Guerrera and Teddy Hart vs. Averno, Chessman and Super Fly, Lumberjack match, AAA Triplemania

Was worried show would be clean finishes till this so yes, agreed

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

MassRafTer posted:

2nd

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

MassRafTer posted:

Another for this. Wild spots.

https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/1033541357862887424?s=19

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea. Nevermind. That was high art after seeing this women’s match

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Aug 26, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
HM: La Mascara, Rey Escorpion and Texano Jr. vs. Joe Lider, Murder Clown and Pagano in a Street Fight, Triplemania

Great hardcore/death match brawl. Pagano and Lider have been in lovely matches all year, Murder Clown sucks too, but this was GREAT. Just a dumb crazy brawl.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

yeah agreed on that HM

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
No way, if the ladder match with 90 second spot set-ups gets MOTYC, then this is MOTYC too

MOTYC: La Mascara, Rey Escorpion and Texano Jr. vs. Joe Lider, Murder Clown and Pagano in a Street Fight, Triplemania

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is that the first match this year to get near-simultaneous MOTYC, HM and WMOTYC nominations?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

Is that the first match this year to get near-simultaneous MOTYC, HM and WMOTYC nominations?
The Royal Rumble gets all three pretty quickly every year

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WMOTYC: Lady Shani vs. Faby Apache, AAA Triplemania 8/25

And I’ll rescind the nom for the street fight because I can’t, in good conscience, nominate that after this overbooked shitfest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
WMOTYC: Lady Shani vs. Faby Apache, TripleMania

loving horseshit booking that ruined what should've been one of the better women's matches of the year