Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Young Bucks vs Roppongi 3k : Wrestler Kingdom 12

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Second this. Also:

HM: Cody vs Ibushi in The Handsome Battle: Wrestle Kingdom 12.
HM: Hirooki Goto vs Minoru Suzuki in a Hair vs Hair match: Wrestle Kingdom 12.

Second these as well

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

Thirded, that ruled hard even if it wasn't the finish I wanted

MOTYC: Hiromu/KUSHIDA/Ospreay/Scurill WK12

Agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

^^Seconded.

MOTYC: Chris Jericho vs Kenny Omega: Wrestle Kingdom 12.

Better than I could have ever imagined, and I was imagining something amazing. Incredible match.

Seconded what a match. Best Dream match we've had in a long time

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Okada vs Naito

Not the result I wanted but it was awesome match

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I think Wrestle Kingdom was a much better show and Takeover didn't top it but I do think Tanahashi/Suzuki and Almas/Gargano were better matches as a whole than any of the dome matches.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: EVIL & SANADA (c) vs. Kazuchika Okada & Hirooki Goto IWGP Tag Team Championship (Road to New Beginning 2/6)

Fantastic closing stretch and really hot crowd pushed this to HM status in my book.

Yeah agreed, that Skullend into Rainmaker into Sanada countering with a Rainmaker was so good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Sanada vs Okada, Hiromu vs Osprea New Beginning in Osaka

Both were so drat good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Taichi vs Naito - Jan 23rd

Finally got around to watching and it's the best Taichi singles match I've seen

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

a completely random pre-2018 recommendation

Vader, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith v. Shawn Michaels, Ahmed Johnson, Psycho Sid, WWF International Incident, 7/21/1996

I had no idea this match was any good before I watched it. It's loving awesome! The 1996 WWF matches you hear about are Mankind/HBK, Austin/Hart at Survivor Series, and HBK/Diesel, but nobody ever mentions this one. This is great, great stiff-rear end 3v3 action with a red hot Canadian crowd and a shitload of babyface heat. I'd actually put this even above Austin/Hart '96 as far as great '96 WWF matches go.

Vader's WWF run is both underrated/huge missed opportunity and another check mark of why 90's Shawn was horrible backstage

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

funny things to see in this match are: shawn michaels being the #1 beloved crowd babyface in Vancouver BC, and also how into Sid everyone is. it seemed like every time Sid wasn't in the match everyone was chanting for him. Sid's 1996 run isn't like, great (though it's one of the better runs of his career) but there was a reason people kept trying to push him

Sid being the face to the MSG crowd in the title match at Survivor Series probably summed up why Micheals run was a disaster and why this probably was Sid's hottest WWF run. Something about WWF wanting Sid to be the heel but the crowd wanting to cheer him (see also Royal Rumble 92)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC

Rush and El Terrible vs Volador Jr and Ultimo Guerrero 2/23 CMLL

Yeah agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Cody and Marty Scurll vs The Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega/Kota Ibushi) at NJPW Honor Rising 2/24

Golden Lovers are an incredible duo, Cody played a great old school heel, Marty finally cementing the side he'd taken, a super hot crowd, amazing double-teams, terrifying high risk moves, THE KISS :derp:

This was a hell of a match.

Yeah just got around to watching it and agreed.

New Japan actually has an interesting tag team scene! AMAZING!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

You guys are forgetting the number one contenders, El Desperado and the other junior from Suzuki-gun who isn't TAKA Michinoku

You mean the team so bland they had to make it a three way with LIJ?

Yeah meld the Junior titles with the Tag titles. Golden Loves vs RPG3k would be a great match anyway and heck most are about the size of Naito anyway

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Kazuchika Okada vs Will Ospreay - NJPW Anniversary Show - 3/6

Ospreay's initial respect towards Okada turning into fire as his confidence grew was tremendous, and the final few minutes of the match were incredibly good with both taking control in different sections and some beautiful false finishes and tremendous counters. Postmatch was real good too, make sure you see this match!

Agreed. This was a great match with a hot crowd that was totally behind Will.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM: Elgin vs Ishii even if I don't like the result

Not quite HM but worth a watch: Taichi vs Tanahashi: Too much old Taichi stalling to get it up to HM but Taichi is super killing it with his last 3 singles and I can't believe I'm gonna type this...But I want him in the G1

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM to Yoshi-Hashi vs Ibushi and ZSJ vs Naito. What a great New Japan Cup so far

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah going MOTY for ZSj vs Ibushi - Best match of a really good New Japan Cup.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

ElNarez posted:

MOTYC - Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Juice Robinson, New Japan Cup 2018 Semi-finals, 3/16/2018

Juice gives it his all, Tanahashi DOES NOT stay down, but instead of being inspiring, it's heartbreaking, because you're seeing someone making his pain worse. It was beautiful. It ruled.

Agreed great match for Juice, Tanahashi still one of the best

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

purkey posted:

HM: ZSJ/Sanada New Japan Cup 3/18.

A bit of a slow start to this, but still a really fun match that’s more than worth a watch

4th hell of a Cup run for ZSJ. Can't wait for Tanahashi vs ZSJ and it should be more fun than the IC title match they had

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: ZSJ vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - New Japan Cup Final 3/21

A masterclass in submission work, counters and selling from both competitors. Zack looked great and Tanahashi's selling was absolutely incredible.

Yeah agreed great match great New Japan Cup. That was almost a mini G1 in quality

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm gonna got MOTYC for Suzuki/Sabra vs Okada/Ishii just for the Ishii/Suzuki bits. Also Sakura Genesis is gonna be so good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC : Young Bucks vs Golden Lovers NJPW SSE 3/25

What a match, what a story

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Agreed on HM:Yagi/.Narita

Man so many great Young Lions right now

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Ospreay/Scurll
MOTYC: Okada/ZSJ

Agreed

That Okada/ZSJ is probably up among my top 3 matches of the year and Okada and ZSJ looked good. And it was a different style of match compared to the usual Okada matches.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Marty going from a 5 star match in New Japan to one of the Worst Matches of the year in ROH is pretty damning of ROH yes

I've always said they have the worst to fear from New Japan's US plans..

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Tomohiro Ishii - RevPro Wrestlecon 2018 (April 6)

This is up on NJPW World now. Probably my favourite of their three matches. Well worth a watch

Seconded

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: Toa Henare vs. Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku (4/24)

What a great match. Henare looked awesome.

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: Jay White vs. David Finlay - NJPW Road to Wrestling Dontaku (4/24)

Finlay and Henare were absolutely made on this show. This was on the verge of an MOTYC for me. Great story playing off their young boy past together, great action. This show is definitely worth a watch. The Okada/Tanahashi interactions were really interesting too.

agreed both matches were real good

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

HM Juice vs Goto

Really hot match and crowd was super into Juice. He's going to probably be the man to beat Jay White for the US title I think later this year

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Okada vs Tanahashi
HM: Ospreay vs Kushida

Okada hasn't had a defense below 4 stars on his current reign god drat

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave gave it 4 and 1/2 stars

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

I could list off a bunch of WCW PPVs but WCW fans were at least smart enough to stop coming when the company kept insulting them.

Deep roster of talent but bad booking? The only thing keeping them from being WCW is the fact they are actually making money not losing money

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

WCW made more money than any company in wrestling history before they ran their fanbase off!

It's literally impossible for WWE to go out of business but hey maybe they can surprise us.

They could lose a lot of TV money which might not kill them but would pretty much cripple them. Not gonna happen on the next contract but man if they go to say Fox with this kind of TV that might be the last big contract.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Have we ever had a company put a show with 2 5 Stars matches put on a show a month later with like 3 1 star or dud matches? Not just normal TV but an actual big show?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I block that destruction show out of my mind cause it was so bad lol

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Amazingly enough 11 people gave Backlash a thumbs up in the observer pull :psyduck:

Compare that to Dontaku night 2 which got 0 Thumbs down

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MOTYC: Tomohiro Ishii vs Keith Lee - Epic Encounter Rev Pro Wrestling (on New Japan World)

Ishii and Lee work so well together it's a shame this will be their last match for a while.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: ACH vs Flip Gordon - BoSJ Night 1
HM: Ospreay-Ishimori BoSJ Night 1

Agreed

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

MOTYC: Sho vs Dragon Lee. NJPW 5/19 What a match. Absolutely great set ups to spots including the first acceptable corner double stomp I've seen in ages. A couple great cross ups on Dragon Lee trademarks and fantastic strike exchanges.

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado (5/22)

This was absolutely wild, and they definitely came across as two guys who hated each other which is new for Hiromu. Hiromu sprinting across the aisle to hit the dropkick on Desperado was one of my favourite spots of the tournament so far despite all the jumping off poo poo we've seen.

Yeah last year really didn't have a match like this and having a nice blood feud just helps