Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i'd go HM but it was a really good Rumble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
a completely random pre-2018 recommendation

Vader, Owen Hart, Davey Boy Smith v. Shawn Michaels, Ahmed Johnson, Psycho Sid, WWF International Incident, 7/21/1996

I had no idea this match was any good before I watched it. It's loving awesome! The 1996 WWF matches you hear about are Mankind/HBK, Austin/Hart at Survivor Series, and HBK/Diesel, but nobody ever mentions this one. This is great, great stiff-rear end 3v3 action with a red hot Canadian crowd and a shitload of babyface heat. I'd actually put this even above Austin/Hart '96 as far as great '96 WWF matches go.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Vader's WWF run is both underrated/huge missed opportunity and another check mark of why 90's Shawn was horrible backstage

funny things to see in this match are: shawn michaels being the #1 beloved crowd babyface in Vancouver BC, and also how into Sid everyone is. it seemed like every time Sid wasn't in the match everyone was chanting for him. Sid's 1996 run isn't like, great (though it's one of the better runs of his career) but there was a reason people kept trying to push him

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Sid being the face to the MSG crowd in the title match at Survivor Series probably summed up why Micheals run was a disaster and why this probably was Sid's hottest WWF run. Something about WWF wanting Sid to be the heel but the crowd wanting to cheer him (see also Royal Rumble 92)

there's a bit at the end where Sid does one of his awesome "runs in and gives everyone chokeslams" bits and the kids on the hard cam are just marking out. like they're jumping four feet in the air

and Sid giving Vader a chokeslam looks loving awesome no matter where or when it happens

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tank44 posted:

this was my first ever WWE live event! I thought it was fun and cheesy but felt alone on liking it- similar to the Canadian Stampede July PPV the next summer.

from watching the RAWs around it one major issue was that International Incident is in the running for least consequential WWF PPV of all time, though to be fair it was supposed to be a big showing for Warrior who had burned bridges with the company shortly before

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad 205 Live is now good