Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
i'd say hm is way too strong but it was a dang good match

if you want to see an even better dang good match: watch Roddy vs Bate on NXT tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

couplea good-rear end fed matches this week, not gonna HM for either of them but

Hideo Itami vs Roderick Strong, 205 Live 2/6 - hotter crowd, a different time, a different place, this is a definite HM. Here, it's still a loving solid match, and at least got the crowd to wake up for the end. Probably Itami's best match in WWE, beating out Itami/Black at TakeOver Brooklyn III. Also probably Roddy's best singles match in WWE? Though I haven't seen Strong/Dunne yet

The Undisputed Era vs SAnitY, NXT 2/7 - Just a good-rear end brawl of a match. Great pacing that keeps this tornado tag feeling as fast as the name implies it should be

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs SANADA, New Beginning in Okasa

This got so god damned good down the home stretch

yeah!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

everyone should watch this week's 205!! cedric/TJP was probably one of TJP's best performances on 205 so far, though whoever pointed out this felt like a midcard EVOLVE match was right tbh. but more importantly, the main of roddy/kalisto was an absolute loving blast, even if it was botchy enough to probably stay out of HM range (I love my sloppy son kalisto and will hear no disparagement of him though)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

205 live report: the main of Ali vs Murphy banged, woke up a dead crowd, showed the strengths of both dudes, and had a cool finish, recommend!!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

isn't the whole issue with that match that Soberano showed up at the arena crazy late because of awful customs snafus and they had to do the whole thing on the fly

I know literally nothing about the process of working a match, but it seems to me like there aren't very many wrestlers who could do a whole match, start to finish, on the fly? but maybe I'm totally off-base on that

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

raise your standards

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I'm only giving ZSJ/Tanahashi an HM because the best ZSJ match of 2018 is still his one against Darby Allin :colbert:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

hey if anyone's gonna watch that AAA show (it's a free VOD on Twitch if you got Amazon Prime) for the car crash factor of the Jeff Jarrett Experience, you should also check out the other top two matches of the undercard, which I quite enjoyed for very different reasons:

the third to last match was announced as "Brian Cage & Rey Escorpion vs. El Hijo del Fantasma & Psycho Clown." this is not what this match actually ends up being but it's, uh, a real roller coaster, for a lot of reasons, but with some really good wrestling happening in it. the lighting factor is going to make this easily one of the most memorable matches of the year for me, even if it's not exactly gonna be in my MOTY shortlist

the second to last match is a hair vs hair no dq match between, uh, "Los OGTs (Averno, Chessman & Super Fly) vs. Nuevo Poder del Norte (Carta Brava Jr., Mocho Cota Jr. & Tito Santana)." i think that all checks out. it's a hell of a brawl and probably the best AAA match I've ever seen though my sample size is like the last couple TripleManias and random other garbage I've seen on Twitch so

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

extradite THIS! posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs Taiji Ishimori, BOSJ Finals, 6/4

this is top 5 for me right now holy gently caress

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

had a lot of fun watching Titan vs Soberano Jr on tonight's (6/25) CMLL Puebla show. not HM worthy but two very good wrestlers in a rare-ish(??) singles match

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

doubt anyone here actually has a demand progress subscription but throwing these out here in case someone seeks out a dailymotion or whatever whenever it goes up

MOTYC: LAX vs CCK (Chris Brookes & Jonathan Gresham), Progress NYC 8/6
Hottest crowd I've ever seen at La Boom. Hardest I've ever bit on near-falls when the winner was so obvious and immutable from the outset. Some of the most wonderful tag team spots I've ever seen. Would be the best match I've seen live this year if not for Gargano/Almas.

HM: British Strong Style vs Jimmy Havoc, Brody King, & Eddie Kingston, Progress NYC 8/6
Might not seem like a main event match on paper, but was an absolute blast of a "house show match" that I think will come across well on tape. Lots of silly spots and intra-team comedy while still being coherent and keeping everyone invested. Keep your eye on Trent Seven, who has the funniest little storyline with Jimmy Havoc during this whole thing

Also good on the show, for those who do got the VOD: Riddle vs Mandrews was really fun and a little special for us EVOLVE fans because there's a very high chance this is the last time Riddle will ever be wrestling at La Boom. Natalia Marakova vs Ashley Vox had one of the craziest loving bumps I've ever seen outside of a hardcore match, and that was like not even halfway through the match. Just a total blast from two people I'd never heard of. TK Cooper vs Eddie Dennis and Grizzled Young Veterans vs Sexy Starr were both whatever, but helped by very strong heel heat. Great show overall

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i'm only gonna go HM on the above because in a standout era for NJPW, I don't think it'll be one of the most memorable main events of the year, nor the best-remembered Okada/Tana match. that said, with Okada going full heel, and seeing the two come up even more innovative ways of doing Tombstones, Rainmakers, Slingblades, and High Fly Flows, it was fun as heck to watch and very recommended for anyone who, like me, has kinda fallen out of NJPW in this lull period

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

it's not an HM or anything, but CHAOS (Okada, Yano, Beretta, Chuckie T) vs BCOG (Jay White, Fale, Tama Tonga, Tonga Loa) from Night 2 of the Road to Power Struggle/Super Jr Tag League was a loving blast, absolutely one of the best undercard tags I've seen on an NJPW card in a long time

also, solid HM: LIJ (BUSHI & Shingo Takagi) vs KUSHIDA & Chris Sabin - NJPW Super Jr. Tag League Night 2 (10/17)

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Oct 23, 2018

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Suplex Liberace posted:

Agree and the 5 man chaos vs bcog match from night 7 is v fun. Rocky goes fully wild.

yeah just watched that and holy hell what a loving match

if we had a special MOTY category just for NJPW undercard tags that has gotta be #1 with a bullet

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM - 10/26 LIJ (BUSHI & Shingo Takagi) vs BC OG (Taiji Ishimori & Robbie Eagles), Super Jr Tag League, Night 6
MOTYC - 10/26 Super 69 vs Roppongi 3K, Super Jr Tag League, Night 6

watching every match of this tag league has been a loving blast tbh, I care more about these 8 teams than any other wrestlers in the world right now

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Rey Fenix, NEW Redemption 11/9

You can catch it on highspots.tv eventually I think, it was Kenny's best match since Okada

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

main event was somehow still not half as bad as that other one, holy fuckin poo poo

Jenkem Delivery posted:

HM: Los Guerreros Laguneros (Ultimo Guerrero, Gran Guerrero, Euforia) vs. Caristico, Mistico, Volador Jr - CMLL Viernes 11/30/18

seconding this! the other one was good but felt like normal good cmll, whereas this felt special

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

cody vs lethal definitely isnt wmotyc but is maybe the lamest match of the year, if that can be a new category

not technically that bad, not disappointing necessarily since no one had any expectations, just... loving lame

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

flip/bully ray was also lame as hell except it wrapped around to being good as hell somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HM: Kassius Ohno vs Darby Allin, EVOLVE 117, 12/15
HM: AR Fox vs Kurt Stallion, EVOLVE 117, 12/15

Really really good show y'all should try to track down TBH. Some bad booking but also some really good booking?