Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
After taking a couple hours to digest the show, here are my picks from WK12:

HM - R3K vs Young Bucks - Bucks seem to love doing serious matches on big shows these days and it's definitely to their benefit. This is the best R3K have looked. Looking forward to many rematches.

HM - Goto vs Suzuki - Liked the story of the match but it kind of made the first half drag a bit. Suzuki is somehow still a monster even at his advanced age.

HM - Ospreay vs Scurll vs Hiromu vs Kushida - Fun spot fest with Ospreay as the MVP. Had Hiromu not sat out 3/4 of the match I'd probably go even higher.

MOTYC - Jericho vs Omega - What a fun match. The best Jericho match in almost a decade and one of the best top-to-bottom performances of his career. Omega was his usual great self as well.

MOTYC - Okada vs Naito - Okada is my favorite wrestler ever so I for one am thrilled that he won. Really was not expecting it. The finishing stretch is one of the most breathless, intense, adrenaline-pumping ends to a bout that I've ever seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

MOTYC: Kazuchika Okada vs SANADA, New Beginning in Okasa

This got so god damned good down the home stretch

Nth. This match won over a crowd that was pretty subdued all night.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

I Before E posted:

I'm throwing HM noms to Ibushi/Yoshi-Hashi and Naito/ZSJ from the 3/11 NJ Cup show. I considered MOTYC for ZSJ/Naito, but there's not quite enough context there to make it more special than being a really good match.

Nth to both. Really good matches today. Made me believe that ZSJ could get to the finals or possibly take the whole thing.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
MOTYC - ZSJ vs Ibushi (3/15) - That match was tremendous. Even better than the Naito match. Told a great story with ZSJ having a counter for everything that Ibushi tried. Great finish too. I don't think it will be the best match of 2018 but I do think that HM is underrating it.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Just finished the NJPW Road To... show from this morning.

HM - Tetsuhiro Yagi vs. Ren Narita - 3/30
The platonic ideal of a Young Lions match. Basic moves but intense, hard-hitting, and crisply executed. The more I see of Yagi the more I think he'll be something special in a few years. He has a unique look and a unique way of moving.

HM - LIJ (Naito, SANADA, EVIL, BUSHI, Hiromu) vs. Suzuki-gun (Suzuki, KES, Desperado, Kanemaru) - 3/30
The Naito/Suzuki interaction in this match is must see. So much hate. Really fun brawl where everyone decided that it was a good night to bring it.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Nthing the HMs for Ishii/Henare and Finlay/White. Crowd really wanted to see the upsets in both. The crowd heat in turn helped to make the matches pop a little more than they would have otherwise.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: Dragon Lee vs SHO (BOSJ Night 2 - 5/19)

This is the benchmark for the rest of the tournament

I'll agree with this. I hope everyone is ready for SHO to be the next big star in the Jr division.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

HM: Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado (5/22)

This was absolutely wild, and they definitely came across as two guys who hated each other which is new for Hiromu. Hiromu sprinting across the aisle to hit the dropkick on Desperado was one of my favourite spots of the tournament so far despite all the jumping off poo poo we've seen.

Nth. Need a gif of that dropkick.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

HM Kyle O'Reiliy vs Pete Dunne for the UK Championship NXT 6/13/18

Nth

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC - Minoru Suzuki vs. Kazuchika Okada - The Great Pirate Festival (6/23)

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_archive_95_1_03 (no NJPW World subscription required)

loving hell, what a great match. The ending was hype as hell and I was on the edge of my seat even though NJPW had already spoiled the ending on their Twitter.

There's something slightly unnerving about a bunch of little kids screaming for a killer like Suzuki though.

This match made my nostalgic for my younger days - buying compilation tapes with God knows what on them. This would fit right in on one of those tapes. The matchup in a weird setting, the rain, the crowd...it just added so much to a matchup that always great anyway.

Nth.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

HM: Ishii/YTR
HM: Goto/SANADA
MOTYC: Ibushi/ZSJ
MOTYC: Omega/Naito

A massive step up from night one

Nth to all with Goto/SANADA being the most surprising of the bunch.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

MOTYC: Ishii/Omega
HM: Naito/Ibushi

I feel like Ishii's been even better than he usually is in G1 season. The man's insane and he's finally getting his title shot.

Nth to both. Omega vs Ishii might be my favorite match of the G1 so far.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

HM
Lucha House Party vs Nese and Murphy 205 Live 8/21/18

Nth.

If Murphy ever gets released he'll become the next hot name on the indie/Japan circuit. Would love to see Murphy/Kushida, Murphy/Dragon Lee, and even Murphy/Low Ki.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
HM - Buddy Murphy vs Kallisto - 205 Live - 8/28
Buddy Murphy continues to churn out matches that make 205 Live worth watching. Helped that the last two weeks the crowds have stuck around and decided to care about the matches in the ring.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

abraham linksys posted:

HM - 10/26 LIJ (BUSHI & Shingo Takagi) vs BC OG (Taiji Ishimori & Robbie Eagles), Super Jr Tag League, Night 6
MOTYC - 10/26 Super 69 vs Roppongi 3K, Super Jr Tag League, Night 6

watching every match of this tag league has been a loving blast tbh, I care more about these 8 teams than any other wrestlers in the world right now

I'd go HM on both of these. Tournament has been great with a few matches to go still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Heck if you're all nominating that match

HM: Shingo Takagi vs. Shota Umino - 12/14

That ruled so much and made Umino look ready to step up.

I'll Nth this one