Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Hiroshi Tanahashi (C) vs Minoru Suzuki for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship at The New Beginning in Sapporo Day 1 - 1/27

It was hovering around the HM mark but the final, excruciating, horrifying 5-10 minutes pushed it over the edge. The torture of Tanahashi by the sadist Suzuki was incredible to watch, the ending and the aftermath etc all just made it a must-watch. What a great match.

Nth this. The Assassination Of Hiroshi Tanahashi By The Coward Minoru Suzuki. At 49 years old, Suzuki is still the baddest motherfucker in a wrestling ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: WALTER (c) vs. Timothy Thatcher - Progress Atlas Championship (Progress Chapter 62 1/28)

I've seen Suzuki/Tanahashi. I've seen Almas/Gargano. I was at the Tokyo Dome. This was the best match I've seen in 2018. If you like seeing brutal, vicious strike battles and people beating the poo poo out of each other then you owe it to yourself to watch this match. It's absolutely worth paying for a month of Progress on it's own, but if you don't want to do that and have no moral qualms then it's available out there. Just do whatever you can to see this match. Definitely five stars in my book just based on how many times it made me yell out expletives sitting in my living room.

2nd. Its the :vince: smilie in match form

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Gavok posted:

HM: Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins vs. John Cena vs. Elias vs. Finn Balor vs. Miz vs. Braun Strowman, Gauntlet Match, Raw 2/19

2nd. poo poo was real good.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

EugeneJ posted:

MOTYC: Golden Lovers vs. Young Bucks, SSE 3/25

What a match. Even the missteps added to it.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The actual match of 2018 and the winner for this entire year is Ciampa vs Gargano tonight.

Close the thread.

Let's not be so hasty. We will still haven't seen Reigns vs Lesnar.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

I didn't like this and feel like everyone should know that and also hopefully someone else will agree with me and validate my feelings.

Acronym would be pretty long though.

IDLTAFLESKTAAHSEWAWMAVMFOTY: AJ Styles vs Nakamura, Wrestlemania 34

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Shingo Takagi vs. Yuji Hino - AJPW Champion Carnival (April 15)

The match of the Champion Carnival so far and my match of the month. Just two big boys throwing bombs at each other. Try to find a way to watch this one..

2nd this. Hino is the biggest of boys and Shingo holds his own as well. Great back and forth stuff and I hope it leads to Shingo stepping out more of the comfortable boundaries of Dragon Gate. It's on YouTube btw, just not from a legit source.

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Apr 23, 2018

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

MOTYC: Yuko Miyamoto vs HARASHIMA (DDT Extreme Title Normal Rules Match, DDT Max Bump 2018 4/29/18)

The Smile Yankees explode! It was described to me as a non-stop murderfest (sans deathmatch tomfoolery) between two best friends and it does not disappoint. HARASHIMA is still DDT's ace and his tag partner Yuko is no slouch either, and they both go completely ham to prove which is the better wrestler.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Super Strong Style 16: 2018

HM Doug Williams vs. Pete Dunne (Progress 68: Super Strong Style 16 First Round Match Night One)

HM Chris Brooks vs. Kassius Ohno (Progress 68: Super Strong Style 16 First Round Match Night One)

Recommended To Watch:

Chuck Mambo vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. (Progress 68: Super Strong Style 16 First Round Match Night One),
The finish is just ZSJr brutalizing Chuck and finishing him with a sick Dragon sleeper

Night Two:

HM Travis Banks (c) vs. WALTER (Progress World Championship)
The gently caress finish at the end brings it down but a great match none the less

MOTYC Kassius Ohno vs. Tyler Bate (Super Strong Style 16 Quarterfinal Match)
Absolutely great David vs Goliath story as Ohno goes back to his old pre-NXT grizzled and mean indie vet gatekeeper role and Bate is on loving fire in this match.

MOTYC David Starr vs. Zack Sabre, Jr. (Super Strong Style 16 Quarterfinal Match)
One of the best matches these two have ever had against each other. If this doesn't get on the list for MOTYC, I will fight you irl.

Night Three:

HM Zack Sabre, Jr. vs Keith Lee (SSS16 Semi-Final)

MOTYC Zack Sabre, Jr. vs Kassius Ohno (SSS16 Final)

It's the year of Zack Sabre, Jr., innit?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

This was a fun match you should watch: Young Bucks vs Super Smash Bros (5/11/18 ROH War Of The Worlds Toronto)

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Naomichi Marufuji for the Triple Crown Heavyweight Championship - AJPW 2018 Super Power Series (5/24)

3rd

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Dragon Lee vs. El Desperado

Shout out to Desperado's hair for working overtime.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

extradite THIS! posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs Taiji Ishimori, BOSJ Finals, 6/4
:same:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

GOATC: Okada vs Omega 4, Dominion 9/6/18

Oh yeah, and these two i guess:

YourHumbleMessiah posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs Will Ospreay Dominion 6/9

SatoshiMiwa posted:

MOTYC: Chris Jericho vs Naito

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Baron Corbyn posted:

MOTYC: Hiromu Takahashi vs. El Desperado - NJPW Kizuna Road (6/18)

Jerusalem posted:

MOTYC: Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa in a Streetfight - NXT Takeover Chicago.

Oh my loving God :stare:

Nth

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

MassRafTer posted:

Nthing the trios and

MOTYC: LA PARK VS RUSH

AKA THE MURDER OF RUSH BY THE SKELETON LA PARK

:same:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

HM: ORO JR., TIGRE ROJO JR., & REY SAMURAY vs PRÍNCIPE ODÍN JR., REY APOCALIPSIS, & ESPIRÍTU MALIGNO (CMLL 7/2/18)

Really fun match where the rudos put on a masterclass on being heels in a lucha match. Principe Odin Jr. is a goddamn stud and Espiritu Maligno basically kills Rey Samurai with a double stomp to the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Two non-G1 recommendations to break things up

MOTYC: The Aggression (Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya) vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani & Takuya Nomura - Riki Choshu Produce - Power Hall Vol. 2: Battle of Another Dimension (7/10)

Since turning heel, Katsuhiko Nakajima has been one of the best things in wrestling, unfortunately in a promotion that nobody watches. Here he demonstrates the best of his absolute dickhead qualities and his frustrations at the failure of his run as ace of NOAH on a couple of BJW young boys. The ending where Nakajima absolutely beats the poo poo out of Nomura for the knock out finish had my mouth agape for the entire two minute stretch.

a little late to the party but nth