Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

The year is 1123. For years, weak emperors have taken the throne, and they have left it weak, as well. The 39th Hantei has recently taken the throne, but there are no illusions as to his power. He is a mighty symbol, but his armies are barely more than needed to protect the imperial city, and he commands little respect in the courts. He is a figurehead. Meanwhile, noone truely holds the power in rokugan, and the clans, which have long been restrained by the emperor, now war openly among themselves, each of them seeking to gain power and control, perhaps, eventually, enough to be named Shogun, and pacify all of Rokugan with the will of heaven behind them.

In the midst of this stands the town of Hiraizumi. It houses 685 families by the last count, and perhaps 200 other people; entertainers, vagrants, traveling merchants, the like, though the number fluctates with the season. The lord of Hiraizumi is Fujioiji-dono, a former lion general, the feared and respected Great Lance of the Kitsu. He has since renounced his clan name and now rules Hiraizumi as its daimyo.
With him are 23 samurai families in his service. Some are former lions who renounced their names when he did, others ronin who have sworn their service to him, or those that serve him on the recommendation of their families, or to repay debts. You are one of those that serve the great Fuijoiji-dono, and Hirazumi is your home. You stand ready to protect it and to serve it, and you will likely have to, in these volitile times.

What is this?

A legend of the five rings game, using the beta put out by FFG. It'll be play by post but with a discord, where the rolling will, by nessesity take place.

What's it about?

The town of Hiraizumi, during a slightly alternate take on rokugani history which i call ‘sengoku rokugan,' being essentially the sengoku-jidai, but, you know, rokugan. The game will have a mix of town-centered, almost slice-of-life adventures, and dealing with the volitile going-ons of rokugan at large, defending the town from raids, convincing a neighboring lord to ally with you, or finding some way to drive a lion army away from your lands.

When do i need to post my application?

By januray 20th, my time. Include both your sheet and your 20 questions. Please, no long backstories or descriptions beyond that; it will be more than enough, i'm sure.

I don't know anything about the beta or l5r
That's fine. The beta is a beta, so we're all figuring it out, and not only have i mucked around with the setting, history-wise, the beta has also made some changes otherwise, so you don't need to know nearly as many clans, names, places, or story events as otherwise.

What should i play?

A ronin, preferably, or else someone with a really really really good reason to serve one.

Where's that discord, then?

Here. : https://discord.gg/PWqMae4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

The beta, along with its updates and previews, can be found here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/legend-of-the-five-rings-roleplaying-game/

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I'm working on a character but somebody else should post their character so I have an idea of what to do :v:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I posted in the discord as well but here is a pdf of my character: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ToCGQWGqHUYRe_oZChbSbfGr1V2J2t_9/view?usp=sharing

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
I finally did the thing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Xddu2qDvwBD1QLESf403hVPowqw1wR-B/view?usp=sharing

Dick Burglar fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jan 21, 2018

TychoBrahesNose
May 24, 2011
Hayabusa

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I bumped this game in the Recruitment thread. Someone else make a character!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Daisuke

MinutePirateBug fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 27, 2018

• Locked thread