Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Problem description: My laptop connects to my router network, but has no internet access.

Attempted fixes: Tried using "netsh winsock reset" as a command. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling network drivers. Tried to manually input an IP that would be within my router's DHCP IP address range (For some reason this completely removed all my network drivers). Tried to do a system restore, but the laptop hanged so I shut it down and said a bunch of swear words (I despise this laptop).

Recent changes: None.

Operating system: Windows 10, 64-but

System specs: Dell Inspirion 5520, Intel Core i5-3210M CPU @2.5GHz, 6GB RAM

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

I'd connect the laptop with a network cable and then reinstall the wifi drivers.

Are other wireless devices working okay? If so, open up cmd prompt as administrator on the laptop and type ipconfig /all and paste the results.

Also, reboot all network routers/gateways etc.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
The short of it is I thought there could be a way to change settings with the laptop in order to prevent the problem from happening again. I had a similar issue with my Playstation and fixed it like that.

The wi-fi issues affect pretty much every wireless device in the house, where they can't connect, or can connect but have no internet. It's almost as if the router can only accept so many devices, and when it's restarted, it cycles which devices get access. Like a first-come-first serve thing.

I hate to always be restarting the router since it's not convenient and doesn't actually fix the underlying issue. I just thought there were some settings to change on devices to eliminate the issue, and the laptop was the thing giving me poo poo at the moment.

As it stands, this might be more of a network/router issue than a computer issue, so I should probably redirect myself to a more appropriate thread.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Yea, if multiple devices have issues it's very likely a network issue.

If you have your own WiFi router make sure it's on the latest firmware version. If you're leasing a gateway from an ISP you may need them to send a new one.

derk
Sep 24, 2004
Jamesman,
What router are you using?

• Locked thread