Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
I hope the holograms are animated so I can make them dropshot.

unrelated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjcbknvLLYI

including penetrable and unpenetrable walls, teammates, time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cling-Wrap Condom posted:

oh my god shut the gently caress up.

alibi looks like she'll be incredible for spawnpeeks and flanks with that 2sicknasty hologramma

Didnt they say that if you shoot the hologram the shooter gets pinged like a lion scan? So yeah just put a hologram at a window and then have someone snipe them from elsewhere.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Basticle posted:

Didnt they say that if you shoot the hologram the shooter gets pinged like a lion scan? So yeah just put a hologram at a window and then have someone snipe them from elsewhere.

Wonder if you can drop all holos during prep phase at various windows.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Wondering how convincing they are going to make them, it seems like the type of ability that either is amazing or completely poo poo. But then, Siege requires such twitch reflexes to put someone down that you can't really spare the time to check either.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9yz2SANoQg Maestro's here.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-322456-16&ct=tcm:150-76770-32

Wonder what's that ball he's holding his arm on.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kikas posted:

Wonder what's that ball he's holding his arm on.

That's his remote controlled turret.
It has a "shell mode" which makes it bullet proof when not active.

ten_twentyfour
Jan 24, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

Wondering how convincing they are going to make them, it seems like the type of ability that either is amazing or completely poo poo. But then, Siege requires such twitch reflexes to put someone down that you can't really spare the time to check either.

I mean considering I (playing with outlines off) regularly shoot and kill my own teammates when they scare me coming into my FoV, I suspect I'll waste a lot of bullets on holos

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

Chances are it's going to be something you have to preplace. I imagine alibi's ability will essentially spawn a hologram based of your current position when activated. So if you're peeking around a corner, hit middle mouse, you'll spawn a hologram that will be peeking in the same direction. It'd limit its ability to use offensively on the fly, while not being crazy like hologram in Titanfall 2 is when it comes to bamboozles. It'll definitely make her one of the best spawnpeekers which I'm not looking forward to, but it seems like it'll be fairly balanced yet powerful given how the rest of the game is. The only place it could really be messed up is if she gets too many charges, but I imagine it'll probably be 3 charges based off other operators. If they give her an acog though, she's going to be ridiculous at lower levels for a while.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lol that the main Ubisoft youtube channel is region locked

Heres Ubi North America

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2is383hoHY

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
There is absolutely no way Alibi is getting an ACOG (says the dumbass who thought there was no way they would release two Defender Italian ops)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Isn't Maestro the name of the electrical badguy in The Running Man?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Mister Facetious posted:

Isn't Maestro the name of the electrical badguy in The Running Man?

Dude that's Dynamo and I didn't even need to look it up

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I haven't seen it in ten years, and the guy sings opera, sooo v:v:v

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I expect you to be an absolute Predator for trivia about this movie, you need to go Commando and recall all facts with Total Recall to prevent Eraser.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:golfclap:

Chill

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I'm not a pervert!

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
https://streamable.com/7c3ez

*sprays*

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I expect you to be an absolute Predator for trivia about this movie, you need to go Commando and recall all facts with Total Recall to prevent Eraser.

fire boylt

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
decoy octopus now Clancyverse™ canon

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

It's cool that even after the Nerf lion is broken and just not fun to play against

Fart Car '97 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on May 17, 2018

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Fart Car '97 posted:

It's cool that even after the Nerf lion is broken and just not fun to play against

It's great how the nerf didn't fix the issue with him at all. :(

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Nerfed him wrong, as a joke

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/b2118

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

oh god its a free weekend let the slaughter commence

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Can't wait to play against all the smurfs and hackers.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Can't wait to play against all the smurfs and hackers.

thats what I meant :v:

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
Get your twitch accounts ready because theres more free gun ornaments coming for watching the pro play this weekend.

Also free weekend so own some scrub noobs.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So as one of those aforementioned scrub noobs.

How is this game? Do I need to buy anything else, or is the $20 pack going to get me access to everything. I see a year 3 pack, does that just real money me the new operators or can I still unlock them in game for Clancy bucks or whatever.

Is that coop mode they were talking about prior still in?

How rough is to to learn?

Is the PC version still populated? Is it full of hackers?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

DO NOT BUY THE STARTER EDITION UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES

The co op mode is gone other than terrorist hunt, which is you and some friends run around a map and kill terrorists.

Buying any version of the game (that isn't the Starter Edition, which again I stress DO NOT BUY) gets you the base 20 operators that originally came with the game unlocked. Whenever an operator is unlocked you get all their guns, attachments, and gadgets (things like Barbed Wire or Shields or C4 or w/e)

All the other operators since then can be bought with in game currency if you desire although I find the season passes to be a very good value.

The learning curve is very high.

All platforms have very healthy player populations.

The PC version has hackers but they are not prevalent and BattleEye gets them eventually.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

To elaborate, it's very rough to learn but this isn't For Honor so you'll have plenty of other idiots to play against most of the time. You will most likely get stomped for your first 200 hours though, not to say you won't have any fun doing it unless you're a very competitive person. After 500 hours you'll probably be able to hold your own.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.
There's also a free weekend this very weekend, which usually brings in a good influx of other new players!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I think he knows

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Siege is the 4th most played game on Steam quite regularly so I'd say that it's indeed quite populated.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 17, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Siege is the 4th most played game on Steam quite regularly so I'd say that it's indeed quite populated.

holy poo poo payday 2 is still up there

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Basticle posted:

holy poo poo payday 2 is still up there

All of the other games up there are pretty bad so I wouldn't say Payday 2 deserves particular mention

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

All of the other games up there are pretty bad so I wouldn't say Payday 2 deserves particular mention

Indeed, the plebeian masses don't understand the difference between good and bad games.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

This doesn't include the uPlay players either.

As far as being a new player; FPS skills certainly help but map and operator knowledge are king. Those will come with time as you play. I'm old and my reflexes aren't the same but I've managed to climb to the third highest rank and have even gotten some aces in my time. Once you learn where people's heads are going to be and which hallway they're likely to come down, you have the advantage.

Communication and droning are also important, and is what can turn a bunch of strangers into a well oiled machine if they talk and know where the enemy team is.

Cling-Wrap Condom
Jul 23, 2015

I'm tryna get my peen touched, pants.
it also helps if you don't get mad when someone wallbangs you by complete accident :yayclod:

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

it also helps if you don't get mad when someone wallbangs you by complete accident :yayclod:

I've been on both ends of this and it is both great and terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm mad until I watch the killcam, and then it's, "Welp, whaddya gonna do,"