Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

hell yeah i did it

somehow everything went right that game, i got four headshots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Fuze is so good. I loving love him

Edit: pro fuze tip. On clubhouse if the other team has fortified the garage you can still attach a charge to the top portion of the fortified exterior walls and punch charges inside. People rarely expect this

ZeusCannon fucked around with this message at 01:58 on May 27, 2018

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
he's large and in charge and sometimes blows up hostages but that's ok

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

Edit: pro fuze tip. On clubhouse if the other team has fortified the garage you can still attach a charge to the top portion of the fortified exterior walls and punch charges inside. People rarely expect this

You can do that on almost every exterior wall in clubhouse, it owns.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Finka and Fuze are such a good combo

Two LMGs with basically no ADS time and 0 recoil when boosted. Just prefire every possible angle and pretend it's skill

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Jack Trades posted:

There's on wall in Border where you can also do that, finding those spots is my favorite Fuze pasttime.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

i dont know what the gently caress happened but apparently fuze just clicks with me

i'll stop posting scoreboards now but i'm happy about this

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Jack Trades posted:

Still waiting on my stepladder op to fix these obvious security flaws

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

ZeusCannon posted:

Fellow fuze main here. Hellsyeah

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
anyone that hates on fuze either doesn't know or doesn't like the AK which automatically negates any opinions they might have

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Who doesn't like the AK? And the defense ak variant is rad too. It's one of the few guns that has a personality, it kicks differently than anything else on top of having unique sights

I wish the Canadian ops had Canadian optics

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
if cameras have dokki's face on them is that just to be annoying, or do they do things like hide people from the cameras and poo poo like that?

also i'm having a lot of fun with stupid strategies like hiding in the back cabin on airplane and watching them all file past me

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The imp face is just a visual confirmation that the cameras have been hacked.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtEGY_PFzWg
The deagle is such a satisfying gun, even if it kicks like a mule

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

jyrque posted:

The imp face is just a visual confirmation that the cameras have been hacked.

does them being hacked do anything?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Thumbtacks posted:

Attackers can use the hacked cams (and can switch between their drones and the defending team's cams).

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Thumbtacks posted:

It means the attackers can see through them via their drone PDAs. It's not usually as bad as it sounds because cameras rarely cover the point itself and attackers tend to reflexively shoot them all out anyway.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Also, hacked cams will give off a silvery/white light when attackers are looking through them, instead of the regular red light when defenders use them.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
can you un-hack them? how does she even hack them? I remember hearing someone say "got their cams" once but i thought maybe it was a secret switch or something he pulled, i didn't ask

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
When Dokkaebi is in the game, dead enemies drop their cell phones on death. If Dokkaebi picks one up she can hack them to gain access to cameras for the rest of the round.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
huh, interesting

she looks like someone i might end up buying, I'm sure she's probably not the best one for new players but it seems pretty fun and i like her dumb cell phone thing

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
She's perfectly adequate for new players. The only thing to get used to a little bit is the lack of full auto primary weapon, but a 21 round semi-auto rifle is pretty easy to spray if you just click fast enough.

EDIT: and risk/reward management when you can hack their dropped phones and when not.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Thumbtacks posted:

huh, interesting

she looks like someone i might end up buying, I'm sure she's probably not the best one for new players but it seems pretty fun and i like her dumb cell phone thing
Dokkaebi is fun. Her DMR is strong, and there aren't a ton of other DMRs to choose from, if that's what you want. Bonus video showing what cell phones look like and a panicked spray:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2ovGiVmRmM

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Dokkaebi owns, the phone ringing is handy for sounding out attackers on the initial and last pushes, or on bomb, you can dial the phones to sound them out, smoke plant, and then call again to slow down their counter pushes. Her DMR has zero recoil, so ACOG/Muzzle/Angled is the way to go with the machine pistol of choice. Hacking the cameras is a nice extra, but it's more to gently caress up enemy Valks than the regular cameras. Probably Maestro too now I think about it?

Also if you're defending, keep an eye out for the phones being dropped to tell if they have a Dokkaebi.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Flipswitch posted:

Also if you're defending, keep an eye out for the phones being dropped to tell if they have a Dokkaebi.

You can also shoot a dropped phone to deny Dokkaebi the hack, but I've never had any opportunity where that seemed like the best idea compared to just baiting her

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Thief posted:

anyone that hates on fuze either doesn't know or doesn't like the AK which automatically negates any opinions they might have

Shield Fuze is best Fuze.
Fight me. :colbert:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I’ve had significantly more fun playing with goons than just solo queuing (obviously) and I think it made me a lot better already

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Jack Trades posted:

Shield Fuze is best Fuze.
Fight me. :colbert:

:hai:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

have you guys seen this easter egg on Villa yet

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/8lovf2/divine_sculpting_skills_on_villa/

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Deltasquid posted:

21 round semi-auto rifle
I don't understand why anyone would play vigil or dokk and not use the fuckcannon.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

cock hero flux posted:

I don't understand why anyone would play vigil or dokk and not use the fuckcannon.

I really want to like the fuckcannon with Dokk, but it feels decidedly fucky at times. More than a few times now I got into a situation where I saw a guy, shot him, saw the blood spatter, and yet never downed him and just got shot in the dick in return. Dunno whether that's latency issues or if I'm just really good at hitting limbs or something, but it just seems a tad too unreliable. :shrug:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

cock hero flux posted:

Because the DMR is fun as heck and murders the poo poo out of dudes? I've killed 4 jumpouts in one match with it.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Been like a page of people talkin bout Korea hacker lady and no one mentions her best gun

mufuckin smg-12

BRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Penpal posted:

Been like a page of people talkin bout Korea hacker lady and no one mentions her best gun

mufuckin smg-12

BRRRRRRRRRRRRT

Her primary should be two at once.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Enjoy it while it lasts, considering that it's getting the nerfhammer once the recoil changes go live.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
they probably won't nerf it TOO as it will most certainly still kickass up close as intended, much like what happened with the :japan: smg

anyone that's even remotely interested in Dokk should play her because she owns. the abilities and weapon combo make her one of the most versatile operators in the game. her weapons are technically best in class which allow her to essentially adapt to any situation. if you need to hang back and cover your team you can, but you can also breach right through the front door and magdump the first person you see to death before they realize what's happening

and unlike vigil, her abilities can completely gently caress over the defense more often than not with the average valk player opting to destroy their own cameras rather than simply learn to put them in places that won't backfire when compromised

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Why does the rainbow6 reddit keep making jokes about bandit doing meth

Is this an inside joke or some lore

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thumbtacks posted:

Why does the rainbow6 reddit keep making jokes about bandit doing meth

Is this an inside joke or some lore

Before they fixed his model his eyes looked really stoned. Everyone joked he was on drugs. Doesn't help that I'm pretty sure his bio mentions him being laid-back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
oh, i just assumed it had something to do with him plugging car batteries into things