Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Thief posted:

if ubi is just going to invent new CTUs to augment existing ones, they need to add the VCGIS with operators that were recommended by the pope

We need to get something really goofy and stupid like Fish and Game warden, USPS Inspector, or an international equivalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Paul Blart and Pauline Blart

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Shooting Blanks posted:

We need to get something really goofy and stupid like Fish and Game warden, USPS Inspector, or an international equivalent.

That would own.

Postal inspector.
Lol

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/96qnkl/clash_teaser_new_operator_defens/

:vince:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I don't want a shield op on defense :(

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Agoat posted:

I don't want a shield op on defense :(

Hey now - you might be able to breach the shield!

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I love killing shield ops. It's like using a crab hammer

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

a shield defender will be fun especially with a wall of prismas for added protection

...because alibi is still the best operator in the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh85FGTE9go

also lol imagine the meta when this new shield character stands in a corner and the attackers have to go through a gauntlet of booby traps

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
A defensive shield op with a tazer? Oh I am all over that.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

It'd be nice to know if this means they've given up on the dumb fixed recoil patterns idea or not because "the recoil patterns need to be recreated manually to match the old ones" doesn't say very much.

The way it's phrased (we created the recoil patterns from scratch) says to me that they've gone with fixed ones, because they basically had to. That said, the recoil patterns might not be CS-type, where it's a linear progression of rounds on whatever axis, they could be like Siege has now, recoil bucking the gun across the screen, except now it's fixed patterns. Instead of CS' drag the mouse left and down and then up and right, you have to compensate differently for every round.

But that's just random guessing at this point.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
If you impact grenade my Castle wall I will beat your loving skull in

HOLD F.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Don't seal the whole loving room. :colbert:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Question about Castle, can the enemy team remove it like defenders holding F from the side I put it? I think I've only played a couple of rounds as Castle and barely faced him so I don't know how his reinforced thing works.

Orv
May 4, 2011
No, explosives, Sledge or whacks only.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Guillermus posted:

Question about Castle, can the enemy team remove it like defenders holding F from the side I put it? I think I've only played a couple of rounds as Castle and barely faced him so I don't know how his reinforced thing works.

Naw the attackers have to melee it or use explosives to get it down. It takes like 11 melee hits though so if you've got the will, fortitude, constitution (but really, time) you can just smack it a bunch and get through

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Thanks for the explanation. So, what would be a nice use for Castle, blocking certain doors used to acess stairs and windows on the objective? I'm not a veteran but I've seen all characters do their stuff but I have yet to see a good amount of Castle action that is worth for the team compared to even let's say, lurking with Kapkan.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Yes, Castle wants to block key windows and doorways to restrict the enemy team's approaches and buy time.

Generally, the later in the round you use your Castle barricades, the more effective they are, because the enemy team has fewer ways to break them that don't involve just standing there and meleeing it 12 times.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

The only reliable castle strat that comes to mind is is the museum/office site on skyscraper, where you block off the double doors at the top of the stairs and make a rotation hole in the wall. Gives you more breathing room

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Just don't block the objective doors and you'll be good. The shittiest play is to reinforce all walls, Castle the doors and setting up camp in a corner. I've seen it happen only a few times and every time it has led to 1 v 4 situation where the lone defender has to loudly break into their own objective room and gets shot.

Good spots for Castle walls are
* Doors leading straight to the point from outside
* Large double windows facing the objective

Ideally the only reason to block objective doors is if you're creating rotation holes nearby. Sometimes you want to negate an angle the enemy can shoot from by reinforcing a door. However, in solo queue this will more often than not result in pubbie tears which depending on your expectations may vary in results. Basically if you're going to do this, be prepared to do your own roaming or communicate with friends.

Penpal posted:

Naw the attackers have to melee it or use explosives to get it down. It takes like 11 melee hits though so if you've got the will, fortitude, constitution (but really, time) you can just smack it a bunch and get through

It's 12. You can abuse this to create "fake" walls that you can bust through easily as a defender by prepping doors with 11 punches. The enemy won't know (unless they see the holes from your attacks) and either go around or use up their resources to blow them up.

Scrooged
Feb 19, 2004

Truth, Juthtithe,
and the American Way

jyrque posted:

Good spots for Castle walls are
* Doors leading straight to the point from outside
* Large double windows facing the objective

* Doors or windows that force bad points of entry/lines of sight for the attackers

On that note, it's not always best to seal *every* entry way. If you want them to funnel in, create a nice choke point for them to do so.

If you're around when the door starts to get whacked, prep some goodness on the 11th hit, or take the 12th hit and surprise them before they know what happened.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Doesn’t matter what you do with castle you’ll get TKed or cussed out by people in casual. You can castle up a door a mile away from the objective and someone will still find a way to get offended.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

jyrque posted:

Ideally the only reason to block objective doors is if you're creating rotation holes nearby.

The best reason to block objective doors is locking the enemy out of the objective when there's only 30 seconds left on the clock.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Lemon-Lime posted:

The best reason to block objective doors is locking the enemy out of the objective when there's only 30 seconds left on the clock.

I like doing this at Border on the rare occasion enemy decides to not come through the window to bomb B at workshop position.

Castle is quite effective at off-objective defense such as making life miserable for people trying to break through the 2F into 1F.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Is there a goon community for the PS4

Siege is getting a free weekend Im in the mood for urban shootymans

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I had a beautiful moment as Castle once where in a 1v1 the enemy planted the defuser and jumped out the window to hold an angle. I castled off the window and had an easy win

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

WaltherFeng posted:

Is there a goon community for the PS4

Siege is getting a free weekend Im in the mood for urban shootymans

Yeah there's a handful of us that play.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

afkmacro posted:

Doesn’t matter what you do with castle you’ll get TKed or cussed out by people in casual. You can castle up a door a mile away from the objective and someone will still find a way to get offended.

the most vocal whiners also tend to have less hours played with whichever operator they're trying to backseat drive if you bother to look up their stats

outside of plat/diamond tier matches it shouldn't matter too much where a friendly castle or mira place their poo poo, just adapt or destroy it to make a hole. a good castle is shifting their barricades around as needed so gently caress them if they really want to rely on hardlocking an entrance because that's not what makes them effective. regardless of which side you are on these things should be viewed as temporary obstacles.

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

I've had some real rough ranked matches lately, including dropping down to copper (ugggh), but tonight I won 4 in a row and got my first legit clutch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMvSm1ydkXY

It's a wee bit messy, but hey, I'll take it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I play Siege on PC but I may get it on PS4 as it's 15€ right now if some goons play there too. PSN: guillermus_

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:psyduck:

Orv
May 4, 2011
We call them Disappointment Boxes for a reason.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

They had to reuse the Chimera assets at least once

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Art team was too lazy to make the helmet not clip through the neck piece.

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

SpazmasterX posted:

Yeah there's a handful of us that play.

If we can get a list or community together we can group up easier. I'm stuck solo queuing from time to time and it makes me dislike the game (other then when I miss an entire mag and get headshotted)

Edit: PSN is WARUGADO

WALLGOD fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 14, 2018

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

WALLGOD posted:

If we can get a list or community together we can group up easier. I'm stuck solo queuing from time to time and it makes me dislike the game (other then when I miss an entire mag and get headshotted)

Edit: PSN is WARUGADO

Got you. I'm going to wait for this free weekend to install Siege on my PS4 because that way I may get something else than the standard edition to not just have base operators like on PC. Maybe game + year 3 pass or something like that.

Is there a PS4 goon community?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Windows wins again.

https://streamable.com/y2dw1

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Oh my god. The loving unbearable cutesy style of the new windows 10 popup messages is the fuckin' cherry on top

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

God please. I loving hate you so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Hey Hard, to avoid further frustration you should probably change the match making timer to some kind of bar graph. I've been casual queuing for the last several hours and never once managed to connect in the allotted amount of time. 34 seconds? More like 3 minutes and 40 seconds. Lol.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Aug 16, 2018