Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

why does ranked mode still say beta hasnt this game been out 3-4 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
it'll be hilarious if they ever do an operation health just for the ranked matchmaker and then statwipe

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

I'd use blood orchid on all the spetsnaz ops in a heartbeat if I had the reknown for it. I don't mind everyone else's default uniform.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

The Hunt for Red October Easter egg

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

keyframe posted:

If that is a real IQ elite skin you just know her elite animation will be her taking a selfie.

Nah, prolly something like jumping jacks/push ups/lunges

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

asterioth posted:

Nah, prolly something like jumping jacks/push ups/lunges

That is beyond the skills of ubisoft animation team if the latest elite animations are anything to go by.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Ubisoft says they can't make Outbreak permanent because of space limitations, and they don't want a 100gb game.

I don't know how they plan to do a new map every season and similar PvE events on top of trying to reach 100 operators if that's the case

Wonder how blitz will feel tomorrow

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
With 100 ops and Bigger Maps being confirmed I kinda want them to bump the team number count from 5 to 8 or something in the future.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Maybe they'll introduce map-specific operators at some point.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

every time i play ash some lucky bullshit happens in my favor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CmwlwGBCmA

Penpal posted:

because of space limitations, and they don't want a 100gb game.

its funny because those maps they supposedly removed are still in thunt

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thief posted:

its funny because those maps they supposedly removed are still in thunt

Yeah you can still play Favela in custom games. It isn't removed at all. Still taking up space.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Didn't they mean playlist space? Like for pros, In tournaments and stuff?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
we'll see if boat is improved at all or if ubi is just bullshitting

tjones
May 13, 2005
I'm fairly certain they aren't improving Yacht at all (atleast not yet), just replacing Bartlett in the casual playlist.

At least they didn't mention that they have improved it when they stated they were adding it back into rotation.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

will pay 100 to whoever lets me shoot them over and over in 1v1s whilst pretending to fight back (please don't actually shoot me though, I am not paying you to be killed). will also incentivize you to rage in chat by giving 5 bonuses for every angry comment you write that makes my e-peen feel just a little bit bigger.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
replacing bartlett with any other map is a big improvement

tjones
May 13, 2005
I think Bartlett could be a great map if they added a door in dining and a stairwell and door in upper library on the west wall. I understand it's shortcomings but still have fun playing it. I usually prefer it over Kanal.

The new shots of Hereford gave me Bartlett vibes.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

rip in piss bartlett, you had 1 door with 8 windows covering that door

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87q-IdJ7oUY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g74GAfdWdY

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Getting used to Outbreak. The ping function for highlighting grunts is really useful, especially when you're trying to go silenced headshots to avoid alerting the horde. Shotguns are king (as long as they were actually good in the first place, Saiga still sucks). We blazed through the first map of The Nest before dying during the crane part because I was the only one focusing the Apex and I was getting chased by 20 enhanced grunts and a rooter. We've gotten to the Nest before (pretty cool-looking) but got overwhelmed there before completing a single charge. Tachanka seems like he'd be really helpful in it but I question his usefulness in the lead-up to it.

It's a fun gamemode. Not exquisitely polished, but solid concept, and it's neat how they worked Siege's mechanics into it. I'd like to see more of this kind of thing.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Thief posted:

every time i play ash some lucky bullshit happens in my favor:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CmwlwGBCmA

Time for a low effort meme.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Didn't they mean playlist space? Like for pros, In tournaments and stuff?

no they were bitching about the actual game file size during Op Health, and that's the actual reason that an ubisoft rep gave me so :shrug:

Captainicus posted:

I'd use blood orchid on all the spetsnaz ops in a heartbeat if I had the reknown for it. I don't mind everyone else's default uniform.

that's what I bought, and I got them for the Canadian ops, too. White? No thanks

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

AppleDan posted:

With 100 ops and Bigger Maps being confirmed I kinda want them to bump the team number count from 5 to 8 or something in the future.

64 player Instant respawn give it to me now Ubi.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Whitenoise Poster posted:

64 player Instant respawn give it to me now Ubi.

Start as recruit, killstreaks let you unlock new ops for the match

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Well I'll be damned, it's an actual uniform.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
it's like the worst possible interpretation possible though, with her wearing a walkman, a visible bra strap, and the arms almost entirely cut off.

it could've been a nice reference to west german police, and instead it's like she's going out for a loving music video shoot and some yoga. lol

what could've been

Minera fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Feb 21, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

on one hand it would have been cool if they never unmasked IQ

on the other i always wanted GSG skins to embrace the casual clothing aesthetic but this is extremely :yosbutt:

lol if you think i wont buy this immediately and drop another 40 hours since Finka will be slampicked for months

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Jamfrost posted:

Well, I guess no dupes will make it sting less. All in.

Please don't buy the drat Outbreak packs, if you go "all in" they're going to lock an increasing amount of stuff behind their stupid RNG gamble boxes rather than the good way they've been doing it, which is - check this out - letting you buy the poo poo you want to buy at a price they set.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 21, 2018

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Thief posted:

on the other i always wanted GSG skins to embrace the casual clothing aesthetic but this is extremely :yosbutt:

here's hoping we can get some bandit booty eventually :mrgw: :nws:

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Please don't buy the drat Outbreak packs, if you go "all in" they're going to lock an increasing amount of stuff behind their stupid RNG gamble boxes rather than the good way they've been doing it, which is - check this out - letting you buy the poo poo you want to buy a at a price they set.

It's no use. Whales account for something like 98% of all MTX spending so appealing to normal people isn't effective.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Please don't buy the drat Outbreak packs, if you go "all in" they're going to lock an increasing amount of stuff behind their stupid RNG gamble boxes rather than the good way they've been doing it, which is - check this out - letting you buy the poo poo you want to buy at a price they set.

You're pissing in the wind there I'm afraid buddy. You can't stop Ubisoft unethically taking advantage of people's poor impulse control and hoarding psychology. Ubisoft chose this system for a reason.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Blitz melee ace at Mach V https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/7z5nqa/who_said_blitz_is_op/

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

be advised its actually a huge part of endgame meta and the final step towards being a true cyber athlete

the only thing funnier than :homebrew:ing to stand on the MVP screen with cosmetic items that are both premium currency only AND so garish that they give away your position is watching the lowly starter/standard edition peasants complain that they have to play the game like its their fulltime job just to open enough alpha packs to get a subpar neon legendary

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Thief posted:

be advised its actually a huge part of endgame meta and the final step towards being a true cyber athlete

the only thing funnier than :homebrew:ing to stand on the MVP screen with cosmetic items that are both premium currency only AND so garish that they give away your position is watching the lowly starter/standard edition peasants complain that they have to play the game like its their fulltime job just to open enough alpha packs to get a subpar neon legendary

I just hope they don't implement item trading and community submitted skins.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

afkmacro posted:

I just hope they don't implement item trading and community submitted skins.

gently caress that. I want it. I will make so much money.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
Can you no longer buy Year 2 season passes?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Correct

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

asterioth posted:

Tatical and cool. I'm talking about the people who Have to wear the blood orchard/other non fun uniforms at all times.

It's the best uniform for a bunch of operators though. Especially my main dude Blackbeard

look i have been playing Rainbow Six games since the first one on PC twenty years ago i have a certain aesthetic that i like ok

AppleDan posted:

I think there should be a game mode where you get 1 wave-style respawn as a recruit. Just because it would be fun to see how chewed up the maps get

Tumble fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 21, 2018

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
Recruit elite skin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Jedrick posted:

Recruit elite skin:

Wood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Um Blitz looks a bit ridiculous now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmp4ZkKnRHA