Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

This will be changed in literally 20 minutes.

Unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Man, Ying's flashers really aren't very consistent, are they?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
they start to make sense once you practice when to charge a roll to a specific nook or to have them pop off on impact

also flashfuze timers can make or break her breach

if you're still having trouble with them make it rain like a sprinkler over the obj when your team is on the edges and the defenders are actively shooting back

you can also stagger a couple of them so you don't get hosed down by a blind magdump

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

What I usually do is pop a smoke on an objective room entrance and then chuck all my gadgets in from different angles and run in. You also have to be really cognizant of the layout of the room because if they're able to shoot in from a different room entirely then you're hosed, unless you can figure out how to nail the breach with a flash or smoke it. Best used on small, reinforced rooms.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Um Blitz looks a bit ridiculous now

What ever do you mean? :haw:

https://gfycat.com/OpulentJoyousHuemul

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Yeah, I guess the solution is to Get Better. I just started playing her and that LMG is a weird one...that + gadget "inconsistency" (my lack of understanding) is giving me fits.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

use the shotgun if you wanna breach and clear with blatant aggression

the LMG is best for hammering bottlenecks with infinite prefire as your team does what they gotta do or are actively completing the obj

play ying like thatcher and she becomes a lot of fun. she is at her best playing support. try to 1v1 someone like a 3speed roamer and you better be on point or very sneaky because that LMG is not good for face to face duels

if you wanna put your life on the line blanket the obj in smoke and run into a good corner that isnt the very edge corner and as the smoke starts to clear you can stagger spam the flashes and pick off select defenders overcommitted to anchoring

its also a good way to make anyone on site scramble so while you're doing this a glaz or whatever can play for picks

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If you wanna hammer bottlenecks with prefire play Zofia. Her LMG is way better for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZU7Bpbfwjs

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

zofia easily has the best suppression capability in the game right now between her lmg and launcher

George RR Fartin
Apr 16, 2003

Thief posted:

the LMG is best for hammering bottlenecks with infinite prefire as your team does what they gotta do or are actively completing the obj

play ying like thatcher and she becomes a lot of fun. she is at her best playing support. try to 1v1 someone like a 3speed roamer and you better be on point or very sneaky because that LMG is not good for face to face duels

if you wanna put your life on the line blanket the obj in smoke and run into a good corner that isnt the very edge corner and as the smoke starts to clear you can stagger spam the flashes and pick off select defenders overcommitted to anchoring

its also a good way to make anyone on site scramble so while you're doing this a glaz or whatever can play for picks

After reading so much about her recently in the thread, I picked her up last night and basically just used her with the shotty 100% of the time. My personal favorite moment was blinding two dudes at once and shoving shells into their faces. Haven't even tried the LMG yet.

(I like to pretend that I've become really good at this game in the past few days, but I'm certain it's because a ton of people bought it post-free weekend, so I'll live it up while i can).

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Thief posted:

Ying is a 1-woman hostage rescuing machine too. I've made some epic grabs just by throwing in smokes and a few candelas. If you're lucky sometimes the enemy will kill the hostage so you don't even have to get them back outside. You'd think people wouldn't blindfire into a cloud of smoke when the hostage is moving but they really do.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I've had enough time rescuing the hostage as Ying to get to the window, turn around, survey the chaos, ADS, choose which helpless defender I want to kill, pop them once in the head, reload, turn, then vault to freedom

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

Now I am just imagining a montage of blitz chasing people from a camera view like that with yakety sax playing.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Penpal posted:

I've had enough time rescuing the hostage as Ying to get to the window, turn around, survey the chaos, ADS, choose which helpless defender I want to kill, pop them once in the head, reload, turn, then vault to freedom

lol I had that happen the other day, except some Johnny Rambo teammate heard the commotion and ran into a target-rich environment and somehow managed to land a burst of gunfire straight into the poor hostages dome. There were two guys looking straight at a wall and he managed to murder the poor hostage in my arms.

I was done for the night after that one.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Feb 21, 2018

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

So the only way to buy everything at once is to buy the complete edition or whatever?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

So I guess the Blitz "fix" on test server did absolutely nothing? He's still, apparently, monstrous.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

General Morden posted:

So the only way to buy everything at once is to buy the complete edition or whatever?

yes but it’s also not difficult to just buy Rainbow Money and buy the operator bundles ingame

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Tumble posted:

teammate heard the commotion and ran into a target-rich environment and "somehow" managed to land a burst of gunfire straight into the poor hostages dome. There were two guys looking straight at a wall and he managed to murder the poor hostage in my arms.

Don't doxx me bro also he was totally armed I sawit

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

gently caress both of those links were already posted

Basticle fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Feb 22, 2018

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
Ok, the new cinematics for outbreak made me like thermite alot more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDhu56qGNqs

Also chanka looking at guns for a potential buff is good.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I love those cinematics they're making.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Well they're bankrolling it, pretty sure Blur is creating/directing the shorts

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I wonder what the projections are like on how many outbreak packs they'll sell to recoup the cost for the cutscenes.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Sultan Tarquin posted:

I wonder what the projections are like on how many outbreak packs they'll sell to recoup the cost for the cutscenes.

Blackbeard's Top Hats a month ago paid for them, it's all profit from here on out bb

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Penpal posted:

Blackbeard's Top Hats a month ago paid for them, it's all profit from here on out bb

Not to mention the profits from Frosts' posh hat covering almost all of Ubisoft's estimated future expenses, on the game

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 22, 2018

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Jack Trades posted:

I love those cinematics they're making.

Same

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

asterioth posted:

Also chanka looking at guns for a potential buff is good.

lol a ppsh would be the best buff ever

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Thief posted:

lol a ppsh would be the best buff ever

This! He should also get the steel front-only body armour the Soviets made during WW2 to go with the theme of his helmet, too. (Both of which should protect him from one rifle round, or a couple of pistol/SMG rounds)

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Same Elite as Fuze, then? I think they should copy IQ's Elite premise and give Tachanka an adidas jumpsuit

I'll take the corner office, Ubisoft.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Give Tachanka the Black goop armor the charger aliens have, when he is on the turret he can only be killed from behind.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor
I haven't played a shooter in years. I'm browsing steam. Should I buy Advanced or Gold edition? I want all the maps. Thanx

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Furry Hunter posted:

I haven't played a shooter in years. I'm browsing steam. Should I buy Advanced or Gold edition? I want all the maps. Thanx

You get all the maps and ops regardless of whatever edition you buy. Don't buy the starter edition. Get the one that has season 1 and 2 passes in it so you have ops unlocked.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

keyframe posted:

You get all the maps and ops regardless of whatever edition you buy. Don't buy the starter edition. Get the one that has season 1 and 2 passes in it so you have ops unlocked.

Thanks!

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007
Have they fixed the match making? Do you still wait 10min ques before a match? I only tried the ladder once, but I really do miss dicking around in quickplay with this game.
Yet a lot of the issues that we complained about in beta (poor hit detection, queue times, match making) seemed to of plagued it still when I tried playing during Operation Health..

WaffleLove fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Feb 22, 2018

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

WaffleLove posted:

Have they fixed the match making? Do you still wait 10min ques before a match? I only tried the ladder once, but I really do miss dicking around in quickplay with this game.
Yet a lot of the issues that we complained about in beta (poor hit detection, queue times, match making) seemed to of plagued it still when I tried playing during Operation Health..

What region are you in?

In casual I only wait 30secs-1min when waiting for a match most times of day, and ranked a little longer. THunt is wild since it's not popular but I only do it for the challenges anyway.

This is in Australia so I assume anywhere with more population will easily queue faster.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Major Isoor posted:

This! He should also get the steel front-only body armour the Soviets made during WW2 to go with the theme of his helmet, too. (Both of which should protect him from one rifle round, or a couple of pistol/SMG rounds)

All of this looks like german WW1 trench armor for machine gunners, not so much soviet armor. Especially since there's a tankgewehr in the hands of the rightmost guy.

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things

Penpal posted:

Same Elite as Fuze, then? I think they should copy IQ's Elite premise and give Tachanka an adidas jumpsuit

I'll take the corner office, Ubisoft.

This should be his elite win animation:

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

bewilderment posted:

What region are you in?

In casual I only wait 30secs-1min when waiting for a match most times of day, and ranked a little longer. THunt is wild since it's not popular but I only do it for the challenges anyway.

This is in Australia so I assume anywhere with more population will easily queue faster.

North America. So normally East coast servers. I use to have a decent list of fellow players when I first started playing. But due to me being me, ended up removing them before operation health as I thought I was done with the game.
It was finding anything with a sub 200ping that always was my issue, the queue times were just the same for me though 5-10 mins :(
I wouldn't mind giving rank another try and actually see if that Plat ranking was earned or if I got carried :) once I learn the new maps.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

I connect to EUS servers and casual takes like, 15 seconds to find a match. Ranked is maybe a minute? Usually much less. I'm in Newfoundland so I probably connect to Montreal servers and my ping is usually 48, playing with my boy in Alberta and my ping jumps to 100 connecting to a different data center

There are way more people playing then when you so it'll be nothing like what you're describing, thankfully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007
Hmm. I'll need to try it again then. I kinda wanted to try out that upcoming outbreak mode or whatever.