Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I tried doing a few random outbreak games...people are very bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

goodness posted:

I tried doing a few random outbreak games...people are very bad

Incredibly so.

I solo queued for a Pandemic once and the other two guys started by asking me to please not leave because they really wanted the charm....then proceeded to gently caress up in every single way imaginable.
Rushing forward, friendly firing, not sticking together, starting defensive objectives before reinforcing anything.
I loving left when they kept ignoring me asking them to please not plant the loving charges before I was done reinforcing the walls.

THREE TIMES did we fail to defend the charge and and I asked them every time to please not plant before I was done reinforcing and they ignored me every time.
Geeeez...

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I gave up on trying to get the Outbreak charms after the first week. Definition of grindy, unfun, boring challenges.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I haven't failed a single outbreak run with pubbies so far, for an anecdote from the other side. I find outbreak reasonably fun, but repetitive enough that I have no interest in doing more than it takes for the charm in a given week. I'm kind of annoyed that I missed the first charm, but the rooter charm is my favorite so whatever.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
I killed a Smasher after 1 charge last night. At the moment of another player backstabbing it I blew up one of the yellow dudes right next to the Smasher. I'm trying to do it again to see if it was a random bug

goodness fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 29, 2018

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Says invite invalid?

oops dp

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I was on some R6 discord and managed to get competant people so I mostly breezed through the charms. The first one I pubbed and it was a loving disaster. Your average person is nowhere near competent enough for pandemic, and that is saying a lot.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I don't actually get the fortnite joke but I lol'd so hard anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0etNuMwX21I

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I had a pubby Lord Chanka who never set up his gun.

Never.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The dumb thing about outbreak is it only credits the person who gets the killing blow for the quest. I tried doing some today and it felt dumb trying to get my pubbie teammates killed so they wouldn't kill steal me when the Apexs came.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

algebra testes posted:

I had a pubby Lord Chanka who never set up his gun.

Never.

So he played the character correctly?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
roaming Tachanka w/silenced SMG is extremely fun

by the time you spiral back into the obj you'll know exactly where to setup with enough ammo to spam until the round is over or you need to abandon it for a flank

also 3 armor lets you take that extra tiny bit of dmg that will save you in enough bullshit scenarios to make you not feel too bad for ignoring Kapkan

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

CJ posted:

The dumb thing about outbreak is it only credits the person who gets the killing blow for the quest. I tried doing some today and it felt dumb trying to get my pubbie teammates killed so they wouldn't kill steal me when the Apexs came.

come on now, there's lots of dumb things about outbreak

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Outbreak is also too hard for a lot of people. I don't think your average gang of Silvers could make it through Normal consistently. That's half the player population right there.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Outbreak is also too hard for a lot of people. I don't think your average gang of Silvers could make it through Normal consistently. That's half the player population right there.

Hey, I'm silver and lots of us in the goon R6 discord are silver and we can easily snooze through Pandemic.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

increased difficulty is the single best thing about outbreak other than the maps themselves

...well that and nerds crying about pay2win loot crates that are actually bright yellow hazmat suits

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Thief, the argument against the loot crates is that they are time limited real money only, which is an obvious cash grab. Yes, I'm aware that it's mostly ugly yellow hazmat suits, but that makes the fact that they locked the cool Hemorrhage skins and the rad all-white Russian seasonal skin behind them all the more painful.

BTW I ain't complaining about Outbreak, I'm just saying some of my friends have trouble with it. And a few of the randoms I played with.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

It’s 50/50 you get pros who blaze through pandemic mode without saying a word or garbage idiots who play like poo poo and disconnect when you need help.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Thief posted:

roaming Tachanka w/silenced SMG is extremely fun

by the time you spiral back into the obj you'll know exactly where to setup with enough ammo to spam until the round is over or you need to abandon it for a flank

also 3 armor lets you take that extra tiny bit of dmg that will save you in enough bullshit scenarios to make you not feel too bad for ignoring Kapkan

No I mean in the horde mode with multiple fights where you are in a fixed position defending a point.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

algebra testes posted:

No I mean in the horde mode with multiple fights where you are in a fixed position defending a point.

Chankas turret is worse than his normal guns even in Outbreak.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I got the Russian seasonal weapon skin in my free packs. It owns.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

It does and I would have payed them 5 bucks for it. Oh well.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Fat short and mute is no way to go through life son.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I am unranked and have cleared every single chibi mission. All it takes is a little coordination and an ability to shoot multiple targets quickly. The better you are the easier it will be, but you don't need to be that good to clear pandemic.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

afkmacro posted:

Fat short and mute is no way to go through life son.

i like how kapkan is very much a stealth master but clunked around in his big bulky formerly 3 armor gear

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://streamable.com/8k1g5

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

jesus this game is a mess. Got randomly disconnected in ranked and it wouldn't let me rejoin, then I get a 16 mins ranked suspension for leaving. :psyduck:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Flipswitch posted:

jesus this game is a mess. Got randomly disconnected in ranked and it wouldn't let me rejoin, then I get a 16 mins ranked suspension for leaving. :psyduck:

Ranked is clearly in beta, obviously things don't always work.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I know population boom brings in new people and maybe they aren't as used to the game types or what not but I would really like to play a game in which both teams did not rotate through three sets of players as people just drop and quit at random.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

I know population boom brings in new people and maybe they aren't as used to the game types or what not but I would really like to play a game in which both teams did not rotate through three sets of players as people just drop and quit at random.

Play Ranked instead.
It's a better gamemode in every possible way.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

yeah i highly recommend everyone play it unless there is a person in your group that'll get upset at videogames if you lose. it owns because people tend to use the mic more and actually work as a team. also people don't rage quit as often even if they are getting their asses kicked.

i've been temp banned a couple times for connectivity issues but it shouldn't keep you from playing a few casual rounds unless you are TKing a lot

also round times are shorter which obviously adds pressure to focus on the objective but on top of this it makes many operator abilities stronger due to the timing involved.

theres smurfs and griefers in every gamemode so don't let a few bad rounds ruin it for you. the more you play the more stable the matchmaker gets. there are a ton of people playing ranked now. its gotten a lot more casual and that's a great thing imo

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Also, my favorite part of Ranked is that you can decide which site you want to defend and which operator you want to play based on that site.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Also, my favorite part of Ranked is that you can decide which site you want to defend and which operator you want to play based on that site.

Yeah this is my favourite bit too. I also like rounds are a minute shorter.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Every time I pick Mira and the Casual RNG Gods give us that loving big empty room to defend with not a single decent spot for Black Mirrors I die a little inside and promise myself to never play Mira in casual ever again.

Then I forget about it and pick Mira again.

tjones
May 13, 2005
Casual should show you where you will be playing from at the operator select screen. Ranked should have you picking the objective first, before then picking the operator. I'm really glad these small additions are constantly overlooked and instead Ubi made a limited time zombie mode with all new assets that is boring and nobody plays.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Played a game last night with a dude who kept picking Tachanka and then running around the level doing nothing. And I do mean running around the level as in going outside the level and making laps.

Which was a new one

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

If you like playing as Smoke, and have never taken him for a spin in ranked, do yourself a favour and do some war crimes.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amGnrbD_gm4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Who else saw that coming for April 1st a mile away