Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

The Bananana posted:

Sorry, for clarification, could I get some critiquing?
I know I mostly just got lucky.
Can I get some feedback of what I did right and what I did wrong from you guys?

from one console player to another, you should get used to leaning. use it when holding angles, ideally you want only a sliver of the window/door youre holding visible, so you can tap the pixels when they change color with minimal exposure. also maybe turn your sensitivity up, just like 5 or 10% at first and see how it feels

house is a pretty bad map and objective is probably the worst mode so its hard to say how you could have played that differently, esp as your teammates got picked off. having said that,

- if youre looking to stop drones from getting up the 2nd floor completely, you should put a jammer down by the railing corner (attacking drones can jump on top of the bookshelf below and get up that way), but as others have mentioned, stopping drones in prep phase isnt really that crucial

- be wary of the destructible floor when holding the walk in closet, a buck can shoot up the ceiling in kitchen and completely shut you down

- maybe put a mira on one wall facing kids and leave the other one non-reinforced, this will let you hold kids in bomb mode as well as take shots on anyone in the tree house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
Its a new bug. Havent seen it on console yet but from what ive read on yt comments, its triggered by selecting an operator w/ an elite skin and then swapping to someone else at the last second

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
You can turn the aim assist in terrorist hunt off fyi

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
no mention of the dropshot fix?

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Koramei posted:

He only gets one turret and you have to stand up right up against wherever you want to place it so not really no

He gets two

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

SpazmasterX posted:

Want to see something loving stupid?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN-zxtfM9dc

I had no idea Ela was there. She made zero attempts to come out of her hidey-hole. You can see I start planting the charge when Sledge gets shot, and even he didn't see her in there so naturally I assumed he died to the Alibi that just coincidentally came in the room right after.

A beautiful triple kill spoiled in only a way I could luck into.

i think she was in the hallway when she killed sledge, at 0:46 you can hear the window break as she vaults in to the small office

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUC88e5Cttw

heres a bunch of my bad frags, trigger warning for the following:
- console gameplay
- poor reflexes
- retards speaking moonspeak

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
not entirely sure how i won this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPx3XI6VIys

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Kikas posted:

Hah holy gently caress the extra 3m on Jackals scan range are insane, scanning through drone holes was never easier.

Im hype as hell for scanning feet from hatches without having to crawl along the edges and inadvertently fall in

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Are there any good sites that have broken down maps of the... maps? I was thinking like a floor by floor thing would be awesome. I have been playing maybe 12 hours so I have no map knowledge, and having something like that (especially with camera locations) on my second monitor could be really useful.

ubi have been posting some map guides on their youtube page, no idea why these aren't at least linked in-game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUBpOXuPt3o&t=62s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSvLkwGfcFc&t=131s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_9knCfsdFo

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Fart Car '97 posted:

A good thing to do is to put silencers and lasers and angled grips on all your guns because you'll quickly realize how little they affect your overall gameplay

agreed, especially lasers as i get probably around 5 kills a week completely free from idiots holding angles on doors, completely oblivious to the fact that other people see their lasers

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Orv posted:

Doing it without inconveniencing some of the teams doesn't make smurfing less poo poo.

E: Like I don't want to use overly strong language and make this seem like a morally on par issue with something that actually matters, but there's no actual defense of smurfing you can have that doesn't make you an rear end in a top hat. You're loving over X other people's time so you can feel good about your poo poo, irrespective of how good you are at your own rank.

Its really weird to me too. Like, the learning curve is already extremely steep for a new player, with good map knowledge requiring literally hundreds of hours, but for some reason its fun to make their experience even worse by smurfing? If you like a game and think its good, wouldnt you want more people to play it and have a good time?

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

bad news...

also it's about 50 real dollars for the halloween poo poo....blech....fuckin trash

gotta squeeze out every last pack before legislation stops them

at least last years halloween gear is on sale, so if you missed out on hockeymasked buck or ghost mira nows your chance

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

WirelessPillow posted:

I wish consoles would just allow plug and play keyboard and mouse instead of needing a peripheral for it.

In the same way that people should have controllers for certain pc games, they should have keyboards for certain console games.

sure, siege isn't one of them though

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
I dont think anyones interested in having the console fps debate for the millionth time but suffice to say some (mostly those who grew up with console shooters) think its fine, while others have brain problems and cant handle it, which is obv also fine. for me its mostly about the comfort thing, im not hooking up keyboards and mice across the living room to play on my tv

the obvious solution is to just do what fortnite does and allow m+kb plug and play, but match them up with other kb+m users

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Kikas posted:

As a PC only player, so many things in this video are simply bizarre to me. Pro click.

as a console player some things are still bizarre to me. the lion and sledge at the end lmao

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Agoat posted:

Cav is terrible in actual games but fun in casual/whatever

her pistol does insane damage up close and silent step is super useful so 'terrible' might be exaggerating a bit

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Wooper posted:

Love to have twitch sit in spawn on her drone as the enemy is literally killing her teammates.

I cant tell if youre being intentionally dense or just bad

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Flipswitch posted:

So what's the verdict on ideal weapons and attachments for Nomad? gonna try and sink some hours in tonight.

It seems like the arx is definitely the better gun, HOWEVER the ak both looks and sounds way cooler so youll probably want that

Im really liking the new map, definitely getting a feel for the layout faster than I did with villa or new hereford. Casual is as always fun/a shitshow, heres some console footage of me killing oblivious nerds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNBkwOhsk_U

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
the ballmer peak is extremely real in siege and it owns. sober enough to still function and aim like a person, but buzzed enough to go for the plays you would ordinarily be hesitant about, ftw

our squad did all our placement matches on saturday and ended up 1 win short of gold, so i pulled out all the sweating for our last match:

probably my best game in months

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean
Whats wrong with gold 3

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

Agoat posted:

I want plat. I got Gold 1 last season and I just can't seem to break through. I'm hoping with some refinements this season we'll get there but the early matches are insanely important in ranked

Oh. Idk ive been plat three seasons in a row and we always place mid golds or even low silver. youll get there champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf Ace
Jul 21, 2006

keep it clean

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Terrorist Hunt on realistic sucks :(

its a pretty bad mode in general. you play on console right? turn off autoaim. terror hunt is only really good for practicing your aim/crosshair placement for multiplayer and autoaim screws with that

re: content, heres some footage from recent games, both ranked and casual. timestamped to skip the worst of the moonspeak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkx1WyKNuKk&t=246s